Saturday, July 21, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

If You're New, Say Hello!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Earth-2 NoctourneM wrote:Did I make a new poster quit by quoting X-men? :smt017

:shock:

You monster. :smt011

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
:shock:

You monster. :smt011

Probably for the best if he's not familiar with that quote.

Trinket Trance

Whippersnapper

Postby Trinket Trance » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Greetings, Outhousers. It's a pleasure to join your filthy ranks. I found out about the site through Jude Terror's ravings on Bleeding Cool and for some reason decided to come here anyway.

When I say "some reason" I mostly mean future shameless self promotion and the kind of comradery a reclusive misanthrope can actually enjoy - limited, online and full of irreverence.

To the meat of this meet: I'm (probably) 34, a musician, a fledgling comic writer (no, I won't pull it out on the first date...okay, just the tip, it's called The Beard), a former film critic and sometimes music writer, an always father of a toddler I got away with giving the middle name Illyria, and mostly, I'm a well-meaning asshole that preys at the alter of absurdist comedy and shitty wordplay.

Please, don't be gentle.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Trinket Trance wrote:Greetings, Outhousers. It's a pleasure to join your filthy ranks. I found out about the site through Jude Terror's ravings on Bleeding Cool and for some reason decided to come here anyway.

When I say "some reason" I mostly mean future shameless self promotion and the kind of comradery a reclusive misanthrope can actually enjoy - limited, online and full of irreverence.

To the meat of this meet: I'm (probably) 34, a musician, a fledgling comic writer (no, I won't pull it out on the first date...okay, just the tip, it's called The Beard), a former film critic and sometimes music writer, an always father of a toddler I got away with giving the middle name Illyria, and mostly, I'm a well-meaning asshole that preys at the alter of absurdist comedy and shitty wordplay.

Please, don't be gentle.

Best to avoid any site that has Jude Terror on it.

Welcome.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Trinket Trance wrote:Greetings, Outhousers. It's a pleasure to join your filthy ranks. I found out about the site through Jude Terror's ravings on Bleeding Cool and for some reason decided to come here anyway.

Please, don't be gentle.

Oh with this place, don't worry about that. :P :P :wink: :wink:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Oh with this place, don't worry about that. :P :P :wink: :wink:

Don't warn them, fear spoils the taste of the meat

mikeexner3

Faster Pussycat

Postby mikeexner3 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm new, and I'm saying hello. My name is Mike Exner III. I'm a writer, and am currently working on a webcomic called Adamant for Loophole Comics that updates with a half-page every Monday on the Adamant website, Tapastic and Webtoons. I've written for Dark Horse and some other, smaller publishers. Going to be releasing a one-shot comic called Good Samaritan later this year, and am currently helping to run a kickstarter campaign called The Thunderchickens. Looking for a place to interact with like-minded creators and comics fans. Happy to be a part of the community!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 pm

mikeexner3 wrote:I'm new, and I'm saying hello. My name is Mike Exner III. I'm a writer, and am currently working on a webcomic called Adamant for Loophole Comics that updates with a half-page every Monday on the Adamant website, Tapastic and Webtoons. I've written for Dark Horse and some other, smaller publishers. Going to be releasing a one-shot comic called Good Samaritan later this year, and am currently helping to run a kickstarter campaign called The Thunderchickens. Looking for a place to interact with like-minded creators and comics fans. Happy to be a part of the community!

Welcome! Don't let the canadians bite. They're not as friendly as they look. :deadpool

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu May 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Welcome! Don't let the canadians bite. They're not as friendly as they look. :deadpool

Hey! :x

We say sorry after we do it. :oops:

Bickles

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby Bickles » Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 am

Hey all, I’m Rich. Long-time reader, first-time poster, etc. Former Marvel Zombie turned Image Whore for the most part. Ex-Bachalo completist. Failed penciller, now serial admin monkey, of course. And English, for which I can only apologise.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Bickles wrote:Hey all, I’m Rich. Long-time reader, first-time poster, etc. Former Marvel Zombie turned Image Whore for the most part. Ex-Bachalo completist. Failed penciller, now serial admin monkey, of course. And English, for which I can only apologise.

Welcome. :)

vanettda

Faster Pussycat

Postby vanettda » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm new, so I'm saying hello! So... I've been doing webcomics in one form or another since 1993. I am a professional illustrator for advertising and publishing. I have used most of the foundational graphic software Programs (Adobe) since v1.0. I taught digital illustration and design at college for 10 years. I use an iPad Pro and Procreate for most of my current work (although I do hit Photoshop on the desktop to check on color profiles). I self-host my current webcomic using Comic Easel in WordPress.

I love oddball independent comics. I just finished the complete Locke and Key series and I am looking for something new.

I'll read a little more and get my feet settled before I do any shameless plugs.

Looking forward to contributing and learning something from this community.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:09 pm

vanettda wrote:I'm new, so I'm saying hello! So... I've been doing webcomics in one form or another since 1993. I am a professional illustrator for advertising and publishing. I have used most of the foundational graphic software Programs (Adobe) since v1.0. I taught digital illustration and design at college for 10 years. I use an iPad Pro and Procreate for most of my current work (although I do hit Photoshop on the desktop to check on color profiles). I self-host my current webcomic using Comic Easel in WordPress.

I love oddball independent comics. I just finished the complete Locke and Key series and I am looking for something new.

I'll read a little more and get my feet settled before I do any shameless plugs.

Looking forward to contributing and learning something from this community.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself.

gamesgeneration

Faster Pussycat

Postby gamesgeneration » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:49 am

Hi everyone

thought i'd say hey. My name is Tim and I'm based in the UK.

I run a small comic business here in the UK as well as on online US Comic auction for a European company called Catawiki. Aside from those i'm a big comic collector on a personal level with an interest in sketch variants and original sketches on blank covers. Tend to contradict myself a lot when moaning about the variant market all the time and then buying the occasional variant cover if the art is too good to miss!

Tim

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm

gamesgeneration wrote:Hi everyone

thought i'd say hey. My name is Tim and I'm based in the UK.

I run a small comic business here in the UK as well as on online US Comic auction for a European company called Catawiki. Aside from those i'm a big comic collector on a personal level with an interest in sketch variants and original sketches on blank covers. Tend to contradict myself a lot when moaning about the variant market all the time and then buying the occasional variant cover if the art is too good to miss!

Tim

Hey.

Welcome to the Outhouse. Contradicting ourselves is an artform here.

leave a comment with facebook