Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

You think Shaq still harbors some hard feelings?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:48 am

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en- ... im_default

Funny as hell.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:00 am

Someone stop him from rapping.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 am

Keb wrote:Someone stop him from rapping.

Yeah, that was bad. Funny though.

How bad must Kobe's album have been huh? They didn't even release that.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 am

I can't recall a basketball player who's actually a good rapper. Shaq's probably the best of the bunch although he's pretty bad. He was freestyling there not so well, but the vasectomy line was good.

Sports media will blow this out of the water to intensify a new Shaq/Suns vs. Kobe/Lakers rivalry.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:33 am

let it go shaq, its been over for a while :?

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 am

I'm with Shaq.

Kobe is, and always has been, a joke.

JohnNah

A Quagmire

Postby JohnNah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:30 am

Keb wrote:I can't recall a basketball player who's actually a good rapper. Shaq's probably the best of the bunch although he's pretty bad. He was freestyling there not so well, but the vasectomy line was good.

Sports media will blow this out of the water to intensify a new Shaq/Suns vs. Kobe/Lakers rivalry.

Shaq already went on ESPN.com to state that it was not a personal attack against Kobe.

He said that's just how freestyle works. I don't know if I buy into that so much. This smacks of a serious inability to control his need to gloat or Kobe was THAT much of a dick when they played together and therefore deserves this.

Shaq's an LSU Tiger and I'll always be in his corner, so I choose to believe that Kobe's a douche.

Either way, it is kinda immature Shaq. Be the bigger man(no pun intended..)

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 am

JohnNah wrote:Shaq already went on ESPN.com to state that it was not a personal attack against Kobe.

He said that's just how freestyle works. I don't know if I buy into that so much. This smacks of a serious inability to control his need to gloat or Kobe was THAT much of a dick when they played together and therefore deserves this.

Shaq's an LSU Tiger and I'll always be in his corner, so I choose to believe that Kobe's a douche.

Either way, it is kinda immature Shaq. Be the bigger man(no pun intended..)

I was a very hardcore Lakers fan most of my life. Take my word for it.
I learned the game by listening to Chick Hearn's calling decades worth of seasons.

Kobe soured me on the franchise & the game, even when knowing (for decades) that the league was fixed didn't.
He's been thinking he's the next Michael Jordan since he was in high school but he doesn't understand that Michael was a player of a team sport.
Kobe couldn't be a team player to save his life (or maintain a dynasty, or win a championship).

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 am

Shaq needed D.Wade to carry his fat ass to a title, so he doesn't have much room to talk. The man's been swept out of the playoffs more than any 'great' player in history.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Shaq needed D.Wade to carry his fat ass to a title, so he doesn't have much room to talk. The man's been swept out of the playoffs more than any 'great' player in history.

come on now...why you gotta hate on the Big Aristotle? ;-) :-D

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:57 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Shaq needed D.Wade to carry his fat ass to a title, so he doesn't have much room to talk. The man's been swept out of the playoffs more than any 'great' player in history.

3x Finals MVP and four titles. Shaq attack!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:59 am

Very true, but right now, it definitely feels like Kobe needed Shaq.

It doesn't matter that they both needed Phil Jackson.:p

Kobe's a baby, so he deserves it. I've never seen a guy who gets more calls to go his way, moan the way Kobe does.

Did anyone else catch Phil Jackson's timeout speech when the Lakers were falling apart in that 24 point meltdown. Something to effect of 'the Lakers can't be whining about calls'? I wonder who that was directed at?

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:59 am

Aaron_W wrote:3x Finals MVP and four titles. Shaq attack!

The man achieved his success, but there's no way he could've won those titles without HoF perimeter players and coaches. You can't count on him when it matters most.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:01 am

jsalwen wrote:Very true, but right now, it definitely feels like Kobe needed Shaq.

It doesn't matter that they both needed Phil Jackson.:p

Kobe's a baby, so he deserves it. I've never seen a guy who gets more calls to go his way, moan the way Kobe does.

Did anyone else catch Phil Jackson's timeout speech when the Lakers were falling apart in that 24 point meltdown. Something to effect of 'the Lakers can't be whining about calls'? I wonder who that was directed at?

I won't defend Kobe because he's obviously not as good as he and the media believes him to be. He and Shaq needed each other. Neither can get on a high horse and claim themselves to be in a better situation now.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:01 am

Nightfly wrote:I was a very hardcore Lakers fan most of my life. Take my word for it.
I learned the game by listening to Chick Hearn's calling decades worth of seasons.

Kobe soured me on the franchise & the game, even when knowing (for decades) that the league was fixed didn't.
He's been thinking he's the next Michael Jordan since he was in high school but he doesn't understand that Michael was a player of a team sport.
Kobe couldn't be a team player to save his life (or maintain a dynasty, or win a championship).

I have never said anything negative about Kobe's game. Skills-wise, he may very well be the next Jordan.

But you nailed it on the head. Kobe is NOT a team player. That's why he will never truly be the next Jordan.

leave a comment with facebook