Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Your First Look at Hong Kong Phooey

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Grayson wrote:
Stupid Warner Brothers! :smt013 :smt011

I would happily give them my money if they were to release a Marvin the Martian movie.

Providing that they found a good cast and crew to work on the movie of course...

Providing they also have Tia Carrare reprise her role of the Martian Queen. :groucho:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 pm

That Marvin short actually didn't suck, it seemed they had the core of the character there and the bit with the gun actually made me smile a little.

That being said, the over all idea I am glad was scrapped because Marvin wouldn't give a shot about an Earth holiday. :lol:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 am

Victorian Squid wrote:CGI characters are the worst thing to happen to movies in a long time.

That takes a back-seat to voicing them as "urban/street cool" :lol:

Drcharles

crash test dummy

Postby Drcharles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

OMFG....................... :shock:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am

Why can't they just let these classic stories lie and move on to something fresh and new?!?!?!?!

Fuck it, I'm off to read Justice League and Incredible Hulk to calm me down

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 pm

MrBlack wrote:Why did anyone think this was a good idea again?

Because Smurfs made a bunch of money.

I like how CGI Marvin looks. :smt102

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Jubilee wrote:Why can't they just let these classic stories lie and move on to something fresh and new?!?!?!?!

Fuck it, I'm off to read Justice League and Incredible Hulk to calm me down

They want to reboot an old franchise? That's fine. I just can't comprehend why someone decided that this was the franchise to bring back. Was anyone asking for this? Is there a massive (and heretofore unknown) Hong Kong Phooey fanbase out there?

Why does anyone think that a Hong Kong Phooey movie is going to sell better than, say, anything else?

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:56 pm

They used the music from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York I'm the Marvin short.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm

DMM wrote:They used the music from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York I'm the Marvin short.

only thing really bad about that short is the kid. :smt102

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 pm

doombug wrote:only thing really bad about that short is the kid. :smt102

Yeah, I agree with that. I thought Marvin's voice sounded a little strange, but that might be exactly what he sounds like. I havn't seen a Marvin cartoon in a long time.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

GOSD wrote:God, that was awful.

Exactly my point.

leave a comment with facebook