Advertisement

Your Top DCU Villains

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:22 pm

chap22 wrote:i still say Lex needs out of the S-ghetto worse than Joker needs out of the Bat-ghtto. bring back corporate tycoon/politician Lex and let him spend a year or so as the bad guy behind the scenes making life miserable for Batman or Nightwing or Manhunter (the "trial of Lex Luthor" could be fun) or somebody like that.

there's only so many times i csn read "Lex plots new way to use Kryptonite and lose".
Since Kryptonite causes cancer in normal humans, it would be awesome and hillarious for him to use it on Batman.

Advertisement

Jackofhearts
cheese

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Jackofhearts » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:24 pm

chap22 wrote:i still say Lex needs out of the S-ghetto worse than Joker needs out of the Bat-ghtto. bring back corporate tycoon/politician Lex and let him spend a year or so as the bad guy behind the scenes making life miserable for Batman or Nightwing or Manhunter (the "trial of Lex Luthor" could be fun) or somebody like that.

there's only so many times i csn read "Lex plots new way to use Kryptonite and lose".

IMO, Lex works better as an DCU villain than just a Superman villain. Lex needs an empire that effects more than one hero across the board. By day, Lex can do corporate warfare with the likes of Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne then by night he can go to war with Nightwing, Superman, Oracle and etc. Since Superman can reach beyond the means of Metropolis, the same SHOULD be said for Luthor.

KillerShrike
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby KillerShrike » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Top 5 thoughts:

Darkseid: the coolest cosmic villain ever (which isn't the greatest compliment in the world, coming from someone who's not a big fan of those types of stories) with an awesome motivation and a great supporting cast of flunkies. Definitely belongs.

Black Adam: nobody special until Geoff Johns decided to make him into a combination of Namor and Kid Miracleman. He might make my top 25.

Lex Luthor: My number two pick. The archtypical evil genius. I prefer him as the mad scientist villain over the ruthless businessman, but both were tremendous.

Sinestro: Proof that too many people around here have drunk the Geoff Johns Kool-Aid. He's top 50 at best.

Joker: Didn't make my top ten, and I consider Two Face, Riddler, and Catowman all better Bat villains, but I can't deny his popularity or appeal.

Great job on putting this list together. It was a lot of fun.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm

chap22 wrote:all the more reason to take him out for a while. let he AND Supes have room to do stuff away from each other.

I agree. Hell I'd actually read a mini series of Lex being a bastard around the DCU for 6-12 issues.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 176 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:We shall see what happens to him once Superman leaves earth...

Kegger at Mercy's. Mark my words.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:49 pm

:smt041 I picked the number 1!

Darksied shouldn't even be in the top 10.

and Sinestro as number 2 was awesome!

Lex who?

thanks Bubba! You've got a real winner on your hands with this and I want to thank you for taking the time to do it. You give us as much fun as we can have with our pants on. :-)

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 82 posts

Postby misac » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:59 pm

starlord wrote:
Darksied shouldn't even be in the top 10.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Comic_Doctor
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Tag Team

Postby Comic_Doctor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Now that we're done, here was my list:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Deathstroke
3. Cat-Man
4. Black Adam
5. Talia Al Ghul
6. Captain Cold
7. Cheetah
8. Solomon Grundy
9. Doctor Light
10. Deadshot

* Bubba, if you need any help with future lists, let me know.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks again, Bubba. :-)

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 pm

starlord wrote:Darksied shouldn't even be in the top 10.

technically, he probably should be, but he wasn't in mine. probably wouldn't even have been in my top 20. :-D
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Nice ending to the list. Joker won as he should. It is dumb that Lex lost, but whatever Sinestro is cool and Lex is misused.

Like others said it would be great to see Lex moved beyond a Superman villain and used as more of an overall guy. That's the one thing that Marvel has done really really well over the years. Doom, Kingpin, Bullseye, Galactus, and most of the other top guys are likely to show up in dozens of different books. I think part of it is the fact all the heroes are in one city, Kingpin is almost always involved with NY guys, but they aren't afraid of mixing guys. You have X-Men as Avengers, Avengers that join the X-Men, Hulk characters joining the Fantastic Four for long stretches of time, and that rubs off on the villains who also jump around. Granted some characters aren't spread around as much as they should be (Magneto and Cyclops stand out in that regard), but they do a much better job than DC with it.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 569 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 am

I was really shocked that Lex lost to Sinestro too, it was really hard to tell at first if Lex made the Top 10 cuz he was on so many more lists, but Sinestro had much higher placements then the ones he did appear on..

I will post the signup sheet for the Marvel one sometime this weekend, mind you the list won't up go up till the new year so that will give you all plently of time to resubmit your lists and correct them if Kang is not on it..

I truly predict the Marvel one will have many more WTF moments and "oh crap, I forget bout that character" posts...

and plenty of "So-and-so should be higher on the list" from chap and Starlord even though they didn't even vote for said character they are talking bout :roll: :P

CountD
Undead Member

Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:46 am

Comic_Doctor wrote:Now that we're done, here was my list:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Deathstroke
3. Cat-Man
4. Black Adam
5. Talia Al Ghul
6. Captain Cold
7. Cheetah
8. Solomon Grundy
9. Doctor Light
10. Deadshot

* Bubba, if you need any help with future lists, let me know.

*respect*

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:and plenty of "So-and-so should be higher on the list" from chap and Starlord even though they didn't even vote for said character they are talking bout :roll: :P

just b/c i don't vote for them doesn't mean that the rest of you numbnuts shouldn't! :evil:

;-)
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 am

chap22 wrote:just b/c i don't vote for them doesn't mean that the rest of you numbnuts shouldn't! :evil:

;-)

Make you a deal I'll put Zemo on my list but YOU gotta add Rhino or the Wrecking Crew.

I will say that if Norman beats Doom I will be majorly pissed off. Man people will be called hurtful thing folk. HURTFUL THINGS!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum