Advertisement

Your Top Marvel Villains

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 862 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Jackofhearts wrote:Bubba, did you get my last PM?

I did.

I haven't hada chance to respond to it, yet. Sorry.

Neat idea ;-)

Advertisement

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 pm

chap22 wrote:actually, they almost got Sue right too. the scene where she talks to DOOM at the army base (or wherever the fuck they were) and threatened to expand a force field inside his brain, was just about straight from the end of FF vs. X-Men #4 (the 80s version that was actually good), which is probably my favorite Sue scene ever. they wrote Sue Richards in that scene. and really in her scenes with the Surfer, the writing wasn't bad. problem was they had a shitty actress who couldn't carry the writing.

i have no excuses for Doom in the movies though. just wrong on every level.

I wouldn't disagree with that take.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm

I have yet to see either FF movie :oops:

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:35 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I have yet to see either FF movie :oops:

I would say they are both about 10000% better than Spidey 3. They are extremely flawed, but I still enjoy them somewhat. The second one is light years ahead of the first. They really nail Reed, Johnny, Ben, and the Surfer.

Also, thanks for the list. All that hard work is much appreciated. Thanks also to misac for his part in putting these together.

I saw you still want Rhodey to win the modern character list and are stacking things in his favor. :P

Seriously though it should be a crazy awesome list.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:36 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I would say they are both about 10000% better than Spidey 3. They are extremely flawed, but I still enjoy them somewhat. The second one is light years ahead of the first. They really nail Reed, Johnny, Ben, and the Surfer.

Also, thanks for the list. All that hard work is much appreciated. Thanks also to misac for his part in putting these together.

I saw you still want Rhodey to win the modern character list and are stacking things in his favor. :P

Seriously though it should be a crazy awesome list.

I want Songbird on the list aswell lol ;-)

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I want Songbird on the list aswell lol ;-)

I knew you were trying to set it up to help your favorites.

I have a few choices to make. Do I limit myself to just one or two characters from stuff like Fables and Preacher? Do I use a spot on Danny Ketch? Do I nominate Paco, Traci 13, Danni Garrett, and Brenda? Boy Blue or Prince Charming? Should I ignore folks from one shots like the two main soldiers in The Other Side?

This is a tough list.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I knew you were trying to set it up to help your favorites.

I have a few choices to make. Do I limit myself to just one or two characters from stuff like Fables and Preacher? Do I use a spot on Danny Ketch? Do I nominate Paco, Traci 13, Danni Garrett, and Brenda? Boy Blue or Prince Charming? Should I ignore folks from one shots like the two main soldiers in The Other Side?

This is a tough list.

I doubt anyone will vote for her, but yeah lol

It will be a tough list because the doors will be opened to all publishers and imprints, so the votes will be more varied. If it was just a DC Top Modern character it would be completely different.

And if you are thinkin about spreading your list around, just take a cue from the Marvel Villains list. Unlike the DC where everyone voted on the A-Listers, that was more set in stone. When the Marvel list came about, people voted for their actual favs and look out that outcome turned. So, its almost like there is actual strategy involved now. lol Do you vote how you want too OR do you vote how you think others are?

this will be the first lits where I cannot predict the #1 slot.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:46 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I doubt anyone will vote for her, but yeah lol

It will be a tough list because the doors will be opened to all publishers and imprints, so the votes will be more varied. If it was just a DC Top Modern character it would be completely different.

And if you are thinkin about spreading your list around, just take a cue from the Marvel Villains list. Unlike the DC where everyone voted on the A-Listers, that was more set in stone. When the Marvel list came about, people voted for their actual favs and look out that outcome turned. So, its almost like there is actual strategy involved now. lol Do you vote how you want too OR do you vote how you think others are?

The Hood will win.:P

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:48 pm

GLX wrote:The Hood will win.:P

If I had a pick: I think either Hellboy, Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Impulse or Deadpool.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I doubt anyone will vote for her, but yeah lol

I say in all honesty that Tim Drake, Bart Allen, and Conner Kent are the only people I feel reasonably confident will be in the top 15. Beyond that I wouldn't be shocked at just about anyone from The Hood to Bigby Wolf to Invincible to Spawn to Madman to Hellboy to War Machine to Jessica Jones. This list could go a million different ways.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:51 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:If I had a pick: I think either Hellboy, Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Impulse or Deadpool.

I forgot about Deadpool. He'll be top 10.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:51 pm

I totally forgot bout Madman :shock:

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:51 pm

GLX wrote:The Hood will win.:P

I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the top 10. And I honestly wouldn't really have a big problem with that.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:55 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I totally forgot bout Madman :shock:

See, it's going to be a list filled with awesome random folks. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Authority, Transmetropolitan, Wild CATS, all the other Image books, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Fray, Hellboy and the BPRD, Beast Wars era Transformers, Young Justice, Gen X, New Mutants, Young X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, Cable, Apocalypse (I think), Mr Sinister (I think), Harley Quinn (who is a darkhorse to win it all), Danny Ketch, Fables, Y: The Last Man, Preacher, and tons more.

Crazy fucking list.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:See, it's going to be a list filled with awesome random folks. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Authority, Transmetropolitan, Wild CATS, all the other Image books, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Fray, Hellboy and the BPRD, Beast Wars era Transformers, Young Justice, Gen X, New Mutants, Young X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, Cable, Apocalypse (I think), Mr Sinister (I think), Harley Quinn (who is a darkhorse to win it all), Danny Ketch, Fables, Y: The Last Man, Preacher, and tons more.

Crazy fucking list.

I am allowing Alternate universe characters in: Red Son Superman, Spiderman 2099, etc.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum