Saturday, August 18, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Rockman wrote:I doubt Big Z was walking down the street brandishing his gun.


It doesn't really matter. Like i said, the specifics don't really matter in this case. Its about the bigger picture and how some dude harassed a kid, and then shot him. A "white" guy and a black kid. Black kid is dead. End of story.

Because of how blacks have been, and are, treated in our culture, the entire premise of this case raises flags beyond the specifics.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 pm

The Beast wrote:
You save all the benefit of the doubt for Martin and extend none for Zimmerman. Walking around looking about is a description of someone casing houses, Zimmerman didn't say he was black until he was asked. The only reason why you are hung up on his motivations is because the media originally doctored the fucking 911 call to make this incident about race.

Time to cut those strings Pinocchio, I know it's hard to admit when you're wrong especially when something you trust has lied to you but it's time to swallow your pride and wake the fuck up.


It took me too long to realize that you aren't reading my posts because you are arguing about random things that I didn't say or imply. :lol:

I'm curious, who lied to me that I trusted? :lol:
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:39 pm

dairydead wrote:
You don't really get it, but a (perceived) white dude following a black teenager with a gun has a lot more connotations and baggage than you seem to believe.


None of it is relevant in a court of law, which is what you don't get and what Martin didn't get and it's why he's dead and lots of black people fall for the trap and end up in jail. Zimmerman broke no laws. PERIOD. Martin broke several and it cost him his life.

Martin didn't know he was being followed by armed neighbourhood watch, he figured he was being followed by some crazy-assed cracker who wanted to rape/rob him. He had two options, go home and call the police, or take the law into his own hands. He chose the latter and instigated the lethal exchange. Your side is arguing that people can't have C&C permits or walk the streets when they perform neighbourhood watch because some black people might be offended. Why are black people's feelings more important than the rest of us, why are they the preferred point of reference?

Ignorance of the law is no defence. Like I said before, next time you feel put off by someone watching you in public, attack them. See what happens for yourself. There won't be any citations anytime soon I can guarantee it.
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm

LIST: Violence, Lawlessness Since Zimmerman Verdict... *UPDATED to 35*

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... d-counting
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:41 pm

The Beast wrote:
Your side is arguing that people can't have C&C permits or walk the streets when they perform neighbourhood watch because some black people might be offended.


Who is arguing that? :lol:
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I wonder how many gay rapists Martin had seen in the neighborhood vs how many black criminals Zimmerman had seen?
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:43 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It took me too long to realize that you aren't reading my posts because you are arguing about random things that I didn't say or imply. :lol:

I'm curious, who lied to me that I trusted? :lol:


I refuse to acknowledge the collection of fallacies that you consider to be an understanding of how laws work.

The media lied to you when they broke the story and aired the doctored 911 calls. Are you aware of the degree of manipulation the mainstream media has polluted this issue with?
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:44 pm

The Beast wrote:
None of it is relevant in a court of law, which is what you don't get and what Martin didn't get and it's why he's dead and lots of black people fall for the trap and end up in jail. Zimmerman broke no laws. PERIOD. Martin broke several and it cost him his life.

Martin didn't know he was being followed by armed neighbourhood watch, he figured he was being followed by some crazy-assed cracker who wanted to rape/rob him. He had two options, go home and call the police, or take the law into his own hands. He chose the latter and instigated the lethal exchange. Your side is arguing that people can't have C&C permits or walk the streets when they perform neighbourhood watch because some black people might be offended. Why are black people's feelings more important than the rest of us, why are they the preferred point of reference?

Ignorance of the law is no defence. Like I said before, next time you feel put off by someone watching you in public, attack them. See what happens for yourself. There won't be any citations anytime soon I can guarantee it.


I don't think anyone is talking about laws being broken....

The "justice" part is that the law literally allowed some dude to follow a kid for no reason and shoot him when the kid felt in danger and defended himself. Like i said, the specifics of the case dont really make GZ look like some criminal killer, but they don't erase the fact that this is a tentpole case for blacks, and really is indicative of how they are treated by society as a whole, like it or not.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:LIST: Violence, Lawlessness Since Zimmerman Verdict... *UPDATED to 35*

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... d-counting


Nice source: Breitbart. :roll:

July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protesters block freeway traffic in Los Angeles
July 13: New York Giants star threatens Zimmerman (Victor Cruz's mom is from PR)
July 15: New York protesters block traffic
July 16: Houston protesters block traffic
July 16: Police detain Houston protesters
July 17: Organized mobs rampage thru Hollywood stealing; "unclear" Zimmerman related
July 18: Flash mob in Hollywood 'for Trayvon'
July 16: Atlanta Falcon's Roddy White suggests jurors kill themselves


THOSE ANIMALS! Protesting? Tweeting? Bring the pitchforks!
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm

dairydead wrote:
It doesn't really matter. Like i said, the specifics don't really matter in this case. Its about the bigger picture and how some dude harassed a kid, and then shot him. A "white" guy and a black kid. Black kid is dead. End of story.

Because of how blacks have been, and are, treated in our culture, the entire premise of this case raises flags beyond the specifics.


That's where you fail to comprehend reality objectively and it could cost you your freedom and maybe even your life one day.

You are ignoring a whole bunch of specifics to rationalize the big picture and in a court of law, they don't give a shit about your "big picture." Everyone has their own "big picture" and criminals try to use that as rationalization for victimizing others on a regular basis. That's why the specifics are the only thing that matters.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm

dairydead wrote:
I don't think anyone is talking about laws being broken....

The "justice" part is that the law literally allowed some dude to follow a kid for no reason and shoot him when the kid felt in danger and defended himself. Like i said, the specifics of the case dont really make GZ look like some criminal killer, but they don't erase the fact that this is a tentpole case for blacks, and really is indicative of how they are treated by society as a whole, like it or not.


Most violence against black people is perpetrated by other black people. So if they perceive that white folks just run around and kill them with no repercussions then they are misinformed and should be looking at their own communities.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Nice source: Breitbart. :roll:

July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protesters block freeway traffic in Los Angeles
July 13: New York Giants star threatens Zimmerman (Victor Cruz's mom is from PR)
July 15: New York protesters block traffic
July 16: Houston protesters block traffic
July 16: Police detain Houston protesters
July 17: Organized mobs rampage thru Hollywood stealing; "unclear" Zimmerman related
July 18: Flash mob in Hollywood 'for Trayvon'
July 16: Atlanta Falcon's Roddy White suggests jurors kill themselves


THOSE ANIMALS! Protesting? Tweeting? Bring the pitchforks!


Breitbart is just like huffpo or MSNBC but for the other side. Unlike those other sites though they don't really pretend to be anything else.
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:50 pm

dairydead wrote:
I don't think anyone is talking about laws being broken....

The "justice" part is that the law literally allowed some dude to follow a kid for no reason and shoot him when the kid felt in danger and defended himself. Like i said, the specifics of the case dont really make GZ look like some criminal killer, but they don't erase the fact that this is a tentpole case for blacks, and really is indicative of how they are treated by society as a whole, like it or not.


This is not an accurate account of the events that night; your biased and attempting to rationalize your ignorance. Like it or not, some dude on neighbourhood watch are allowed to observe and report. People who are being observed have no right to assault those who are reporting their behavior to the police.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:50 pm

The Beast wrote:
That's where you fail to comprehend reality objectively and it could cost you your freedom and maybe even your life one day.

You are ignoring a whole bunch of specifics to rationalize the big picture and in a court of law, they don't give a shit about your "big picture." Everyone has their own "big picture" and criminals try to use that as rationalization for victimizing others on a regular basis. That's why the specifics are the only thing that matters.


I'm not talking about "the law".... I'm saying thats the problem, the court didnt ( and probably shouldnt) didn't see the "big picture" and to many, justice wasn't served because of technicalities.
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

dairydead wrote:
I'm not talking about "the law".... I'm saying thats the problem, the court didnt ( and probably shouldnt) didn't see the "big picture" and to many, justice wasn't served because of technicalities.


There is no big picture that's remotely relevant. Zimmerman was reporting a burglary suspect based on his behavior, his skin color was inconsequential. Martin didn't feel like he was being racially profiled by an armed neighbourhood watch, Martin figured he was about to get robed/raped by some "crazy-ass cracker."

As far as he was concerned, this was a thug on thug crime. Race didn't become an issue until the mainstream media started doctoring 911 calls.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], IvCNuB4, SporkBot and 61 guests