Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
when they happen they leave the victim disoriented and confused. he copped repeated blows to the face which knocked the back of hiis head onto the pavement after all.

sell the 'trayvon is a victim' story to the gullible.

Pure fantasy.

If you actually watched the trial you'd remember even Zimmerman's attorney admitting to the fact that George exaggerated the entire story.

Hab

Advertisement

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

LobsterJ wrote:
:lol:

You crack me up.

So, given his history, and the history of the neighborhood, you think there's absolutely no chance that he wasn't? You must have believed those first pictures the media showed us of a baby with a halo over his head alongside the Zimmerman Predator... :lol:

If that's the case, I have a bridge to sell you...
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 am

habitual wrote:
Pure fantasy.

If you actually watched the trial you'd remember even Zimmerman's attorney admitting to the fact that George exaggerated the entire story.

Hab

his face said enough.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
his face said enough.

I agree, it said he's a killer.

Hab

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 am

habitual wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a band-aid where the medical examiners words.

What a complete load of crap that is, sell it somewhere else.

Hab

Hab, you don't get it. You're arguing (A), that Zimmerman should have been omniscient and known he was fine at the time, (B), that the very next blow, or the next ten, wouldn't have maimed for life or killed him, (C), that blows to the head can't kill or maim.

All of those assumptions are wrong. And self defense claims are not based on harm actually suffered, but on the harm that a reasonable person fears they might suffer. After all this time, you HAVE to get that, so I guess you must be performance posting... :P

In any event keep it up! My thread's post count can only go up and up! :lol:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:59 am

Achilles: I appreciate the long post, but none of it matters because Zimmerman was wrong. He had his suspicions, but he turned out to be wrong.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 am

habitual wrote:
Pure fantasy.

Hab

You must have watched a different trial. Because I certainly don't recall any such thing. Or the prosecution jumping on that admission. Or the jurors citing it in their conviction of Zimmerman.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 am

achilles wrote:
Hab, you don't get it. You're arguing (A), that Zimmerman should have been omniscient and known he was fine at the time, (B), that the very next blow, or the next ten, wouldn't have maimed for life or killed him, (C), that blows to the head can't kill or maim.

All of those assumptions are wrong. And self defense claims are not based on harm actually suffered, but on the harm that a reasonable person fears they might suffer. After all this time, you HAVE to get that, so I guess you must be performance posting... :P

In any event keep it up! My thread's post count can only go up and up! :lol:

I'm not arguing any of that, I still think Zimmerman laid hands on that kid before he killed him.

I don't believe a word that guy says.

Hab

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:04 am

habitual wrote:
I agree, it said he's a killer.

Hab

now who's profiling :lol:

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:09 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
now who's profiling :lol:

You are :lol: you brought up his face, not me.

Try again.

Hab

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:11 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Achilles: I appreciate the long post, but none of it matters because Zimmerman was wrong. He had his suspicions, but he turned out to be wrong.

Again, we don't actually know for a fact that he WAS wrong. We don't know if Martin was or wasn't casing houses. But then all Zimmerman said was that he was acting suspicious, like he was on drugs, (which he was).

In any event, let's say he WAS wrong. Let's say for the sake of argument that Martin was completely innocent while he was walking home in the rain, at night, looking between houses, rather than say checking street addresses like he might if he were lost.

Say that he was innocent up till then and Zimmerman was wrong. So what? Say he made an honest mistake. How can you blame someone morally for a mistake honestly made?

You might put moral blame on him if he was thinking "Hey, that guy is black, he must be up to no good, since I hate blacks", which is pretty much what NBC tried to say when they presented the tape that they edited to give precisely that impression, (for which he's suing them). That I would understand and agree with.

But making an honest mistake---I would simply call it a tragedy all around and leave it at that.

Again, I don't particularly even like Zimmerman. He's not someone who IMO exercised good judgement. But I don't think he's to "blame" for what happened.

These long posts have me wondering what happened with Strict. Hope he's okay and the space bitches didn't get him...

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 am

habitual wrote:
I'm not arguing any of that, I still think Zimmerman laid hands on that kid before he killed him.

I don't believe a word that guy says.

Hab

I'd say you are, since you constantly bring up the fact that Zimmerman wasn't seriously injured, as if it mattered at all, (though I suppose Zimmerman appreciated it).

And again, there were no injuries on Martin, aside from the gunshot wound, and minor scrapes on his knuckles. Which is consistent with Martin attacking Zimmerman, catching him totally off-guard, and not with Zimmerman attacking Martin. So you're basing that feeling on no evidence whatsoever, just the fact that you don't like Zimmerman.

Well, I don't either, but I have no reason based on evidence or testimony to disbelieve him.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:17 am

achilles wrote:
Again, we don't actually know for a fact that he WAS wrong. We don't know if Martin was or wasn't casing houses. But then all Zimmerman said was that he was acting suspicious, like he was on drugs, (which he was).

In any event, let's say he WAS wrong. Let's say for the sake of argument that Martin was completely innocent while he was walking home in the rain, at night, looking between houses, rather than say checking street addresses like he might if he were lost.

Say that he was innocent up till then and Zimmerman was wrong. So what? Say he made an honest mistake. How can you blame someone morally for a mistake honestly made?

You might put moral blame on him if he was thinking "Hey, that guy is black, he must be up to no good, since I hate blacks", which is pretty much what NBC tried to say when they presented the tape that they edited to give precisely that impression, (for which he's suing them). That I would understand and agree with.

But making an honest mistake---I would simply call it a tragedy all around and leave it at that.

Again, I don't particularly even like Zimmerman. He's not someone who IMO exercised good judgement. But I don't think he's to "blame" for what happened.

These long posts have me wondering what happened with Strict. Hope he's okay and the space bitches didn't get him...

No we do, the kid was walking back from the store.

Zimmerman was wrong, and because of it a kid was killed.

Dress it up all you like, but, that's what happened.

Hab

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 am

achilles wrote:
So, given his history, and the history of the neighborhood, you think there's absolutely no chance that he wasn't? You must have believed those first pictures the media showed us of a baby with a halo over his head alongside the Zimmerman Predator... :lol:

If that's the case, I have a bridge to sell you...

No, there was a chance he was. There was also a chance he was secretly an alien and scouting landing spots for the invasion. Anything is "possible" but I don't think it gets us very far to present absurd theoreticals as real possibilities, especially when those theoreticals are being presented to us by a murderer.

Spektre
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Spektre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:12 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:

Dude...grasping at straws is claiming one event out of billions is "the one" that caused this to happen. On second thought, not grasping at straws. More like manufacturing the needle in a haystack.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum