Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby Frag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 pm

achilles wrote:
I didn't claim the weed in his system made him act high, merely that it was plausible that his behavior convinced Zimmerman that he might be. And that the weed in his system showed it wasn't a huge leap.

As for the lean, no, it isn't a leap at all, considering Martin's own words online, where he admits being a lean addict, calls lean "awesome", and mentions that he intended to score some more. As for the ingredients, from my research, it uses a variety of ingredients. Arizona watermelon ice tea and skittles is one favorite combo for it.

Other than the conversation in this link, where did he talk about lean again? http://ibloga.blogspot.gr/2013/07/trayv ... urple.html
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Because people are incapable of recognizing that this issue can be viewed from more than two extreme, polar perspectives, so if you don't think Zimmerman was a racist murderer then you are a racist yourself, and if you don't think that Martin was a bloodthirsty, drug-crazed Thug who needed Zimmerman, a hero, to take him down for the good of society, then you are a guilty white race baiter.

It's amazing that to put me in one of those categories, people just ignore what I've been saying. :lol:

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It's amazing that to put me in one of those categories, people just ignore what I've been saying. :lol:

I wouldn't put you in either category. I think you've been perfectly reasonable, even if we don't see entirely eye to eye on this.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

achilles wrote:
I wouldn't put you in either category. I think you've been perfectly reasonable, even if we don't see entirely eye to eye on this.

Thank you. I wasn't referring to you which is why I haven't been very sarcastic in my posts back to you.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 491 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:08 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Hope you aren't talking about me. I think Trayvon made a bad decision as well. The difference is I'm more empathetic to the dead teenager.

No, I don't think this applies to anyone in this thread, to be honest.

But some conversations I've seen & heard... woo boy. :(

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 154 posts

Postby Spektre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:00 pm

achilles wrote:

What?! Stop that!
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:

Aren't you in the same category of people who profiled Zimmerman in order to determine that he profiled Martin?

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 154 posts

Postby Spektre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 pm

The Beast wrote:
Aren't you in the same category of people who profiled Zimmerman in order to determine that he profiled Martin?

Wait a minute. Aren't you profiling him to say he profiled Zimmerman profiling Trayvon?

Oh no, I'm profiling you.

Hmmm, maybe there's something to this profiling thing...I think we used to call it experience.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Spektre wrote:
Wait a minute. Aren't you profiling him to say he profiled Zimmerman profiling Trayvon?

Oh no, I'm profiling you.

Hmmm, maybe there's something to this profiling thing...I think we used to call it experience.

One thing is for sure, Superman always profiles Zod. ;)

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:20 am

The Beast wrote:

This is why you should read my posts.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 491 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 am

Roderick Scott: The ‘Black George Zimmerman’ Acquitted of Murder in 2009

Trayvon Martin’s death at the hands of George Zimmerman elicited multiple protests across the nation. Not so with Roderick Scott’s shooting of Christopher Cervini. Image by David Shankbone

Zimmerman and Scott Case Similarities

Zimmerman’s reason for leaving his car and following Trayvon Martin was so that he would not lose sight of him before police arrived. Scott testified that he left his home because he lived in a rather isolated area and the teens would have been long gone by the time police arrived.

Both Zimmerman and Scott made 911 calls although Scott’s girlfriend made the actual call at Scott’s request. These calls went a long way in negating intent; people who are looking for a fight or intentionally want to inflict harm against another, usually do not telephone the authorities and advise them of their location.
Zimmerman got involved with Martin because, as a member of the neighborhood watch, he was trying to prevent crimes in his general area rather than crimes that directly affected him; there was a lot of crime in the gated area where Zimmerman lived.

Similarly, there were a lot of property crimes in Scott’s neighborhood, and by the time Scott got outside, the teens had moved on to someone else’s vehicle and the 42-year-old was not personally being victimized.

Both men were never confronted or victimized at the time they left their car or home to encounter the two teens that would eventually be shot dead.
Both Zimmerman and Scott had legal permits for the weapons they used.

Despite these parallels, the two cases are not exactly the same.

Major Differences Between the Martin and Cervini Deaths

At the time Zimmerman decided to leave his vehicle and follow Martin, he had no proof the 17-year-old was engaged in illegal activity. There was never any evidence that Martin was doing anything other than returning to the residence where he was staying after a trip to a convenience store.

Scott actually observed Cervini and the other two breaking into cars at the time he confronted them, unlike Martin who was simply walking when Zimmerman began following him.

Although Martin had traces of marijuana in his body at the time he died, there is no evidence it affected his behavior that night. Cervini, on the other hand not only had amphetamines and marijuana in his system, but he had more than the legal limit of alcohol in his blood when he died; according to accounts, he got drunk from a stolen bottle of gin.

According to Zimmerman, Martin sucker punched him and knocked his head on the ground before Zimmerman took out his gun and shot Martin. The jury did not have to believe this to acquit him; all they had to decide there was a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was not acting in self defense when he shot Martin. And there was some physical evidence, namely injuries to Zimmerman’s face and head, to corroborate Zimmerman’s version of events.

The evidence in the Scott case, including that from the defendant, was that there was never any direct physical contact between him and the deceased. In this regard, his use of the justification defense was not nearly as strong as Zimmerman’s. While Zimmerman could not be expected to retreat while Martin was on top of him, slamming his head into the pavement, Scott did not even try to retreat from Cervini, who was unarmed and not in direct contact with him.

Another major difference between the two cases is the media coverage. Although there were a few articles published after Martin was killed that compared the two cases, there was virtually no coverage of the Scott case in 2009, other than by the local media in the Rochester area.

Trayvon Martin vs. Christopher Cervini

Those who are saying that if Zimmerman had been black and Martin white, he would have been convicted, should take a good look at the Scott case.

Despite the fact the verdict in the Scott case resulted in one less African American being incarcerated in an American prison, neither President Obama, nor Rev. Al Sharpton – nor the NAACP have chosen to publicly comment on the jury’s decision

Thoughts?

http://www.decodedscience.com/roderick-scott-the-black-george-zimmerman-acquitted-of-murder/33569

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 am

I remember this case, and I thought the same thing then, there was no reason to confront these guys, no one was in danger. We support a huge infrastructure of police whom are trained to handle situations like this so people don't get killed.

It's one thing if someone's in your house, but, to go out looking for trouble with a gun is always a bad idea.

Hab

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
This is why you should read my posts.

You should make reading your posts worthwhile.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Heh, George Zimmerman emerged briefly from hiding to rescued a person trapped in an overturned truck about a mile from where he shot Martin. What a monster! :smt013

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where he shot Martin.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh, snap! Once again Martin's followers fail at logic and reason.

Both of these situations indicate to me that 17 year old boys need mandatory military service to break them of that goddamned thug mindset and get through their thick skulls what it means to be a productive member of society rather than attacking innocent people whenever the mood strikes them.

They need to follow the example of upstanding citizens like Roderick Scott and George Zimmerman.

http://www.newser.com/story/171351/zimmerman-surfaces-rescues-driver-in-crash.html

Zimmerman Surfaces, Rescues Driver in Crash

"George Zimmerman has surfaced for the first time since his acquittal—in the most unexpected of ways. Sanford's police department captain today tells ABC News that what the network is calling "the first known sighting" of Zimmerman was a heroic one: He "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" in Florida, at the I-4/Route 417 intersection. The crash apparently happened last week."

Now, if only we could get Roderick Scott to become a paparazzo assigned to Kanye West...

:P

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum