Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 pm

pastajoe wrote:
Who says Zimmerman was going to get murdered? He had some minor scrapes. He put himself in a position to cause a confrontation. He was told on the phone to back off and didn't. He brought a gun on the street and initiated a confrontation, Martin didn't.

I'd say the same thing if Zimmerman was black and Martin was white. Last time I checked being a vigalante was illegal. Have a problem, call the police and back off.

What if Zimmerman was Batman?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Food Eater lad » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:36 pm

I can't wait to riot if Zimmerman is convicted.
"Diversity equals division"

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm

pastajoe wrote:
Who says Zimmerman was going to get murdered? He had some minor scrapes. He put himself in a position to cause a confrontation. He was told on the phone to back off and didn't. He brought a gun on the street and initiated a confrontation, Martin didn't.

I'd say the same thing if Zimmerman was black and Martin was white. Last time I checked being a vigalante was illegal. Have a problem, call the police and back off.

He did.

When Zimmerman was told, "We don't need you to do that", (follow Martin) on the phone by police, he complied and said "O.K. I'll wait at my car for the police to arrive." Then on the way back to his car, Martin ambushed Zimmerman and assaulted him. Zimmerman feared for his life after getting his head pounded into the pavement a few times and shot Martin in self-defence.

No physical evidence or eye witness testimony disputes these events. Isn't it some kind of reverse racism to assume Zimmerman is lying and Martin was the victim just because he was black?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 18 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
What if Zimmerman was Batman?

ZimmerZimmerZimmerZimmerZimmerZimmerZimmerman!
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

I'm gonna draw that with Martin as his Robin. :wink:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 18 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
I'm gonna draw that with Martin as his Robin. :wink:

Ouch.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

pastajoe wrote:

So putting yourself in a position to cause a confrontation is grounds for attempted murder? I don't care how douchey you are, but running your mouth doesn't give someone a free pass to slam your head into the ground repeatedly. Wasn't it being said that Trayvon was shouting that he was gonna kill him anyways? There's also the defense that is saying Martin was grabbing for Zimmerman's gun.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Spektre
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Spektre » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:40 am

pastajoe wrote:Last time I checked being a vigalante was illegal. Have a problem, call the police and back off.

Nomination for statist post of the week.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Spektre
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Spektre » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:

ROTFL :-D :-D
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 am

pastajoe wrote:Last time I checked being a vigalante was illegal. Have a problem, call the police and back off.

Isn't that basically what Zimmerman did? He called 911, he returned to his car and then there was an altercation.

Also, I've noticed that his friend stated in her testimony that Martin called Zimmerman a "crazy ass cracka" (but then cleaned up her language a bit), the dad changed his story about the audio... this might not be good for the "innocent angel" image the media and the prosecution is trying to perpetuate (along with the stuff that the jury's not seeing).

I mean, if Zimmerman said "He looks paranoid, like he's on drugs or something" and he's found with drugs in his system and burglary tools on his person, that's a little less than "100% innocent to me". That makes me think he could have been paranoid and willing to fight over the smallest provocation.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Postby LobsterJ » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:21 am

HNutz wrote:
Isn't that basically what Zimmerman did? He called 911, he returned to his car and then there was an altercation.

Also, I've noticed that his friend stated in her testimony that Martin called Zimmerman a "crazy ass cracka" (but then cleaned up her language a bit), the dad changed his story about the audio... this might not be good for the "innocent angel" image the media and the prosecution is trying to perpetuate (along with the stuff that the jury's not seeing).

I mean, if Zimmerman said "He looks paranoid, like he's on drugs or something" and he's found with drugs in his system and burglary tools on his person, that's a little less than "100% innocent to me". That makes me think he could have been paranoid and willing to fight over the smallest provocation.

Like being stalked by a guy with a gun in his own neighborhood? That will set some people off. Crazy negroes.

CountD
Undead Member

Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:31 am

HNutz wrote:

She was then asked on the stand if she thought "crazy ass cracka" was a racist comment. She said no. LOL! :lol: Tell the truth, people.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

So the judge ruled against the animation, which I can sort of see, and against the text, which I absolutely can't. Thus adding one more grounds for appeal should Zimmerman be convicted. She seems to be doing her best to convict Zimmerman. Honestly, she should be taken from the bench and disbarred based on her conduct in this trial, as should the prosecutor's boss, already under indictment for fraud in the case.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 am

LobsterJ wrote:
Like being stalked by a guy with a gun in his own neighborhood? That will set some people off. Crazy negroes.

Was the gun not concealed? I don't see how Martin would have known about that.

And reasonable people, when they think they are being stalk, don't assault the person stalking them. But rather hightail it out of there or call the police themselves (we know he had a cell phone).

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am

Stop making sense.

LobsterJ doesn't like that...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum