Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:50 am

Getting a use of force expert to testify, a guy with martial arts experience was a good call. That was one of the things the OJ prosecution did wrong.

Thinking about it, and considering that people's minds seem pretty much made up about the case already, one way or another, I'm calling a hung jury.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Advertisement

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

When does this end?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1094 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

Thunderstorm wrote:When does this end?

When Zimmerman is dead. :smt102
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
When Zimmerman is dead. :smt102

I meant the trial. Black people will be outraged over anything for damn near forever. I don't expect that to ever end.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
I meant the trial. Black people will be outraged over anything for damn near forever. I don't expect that to ever end.

This time next year is a good possibility. Maybe sooner.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 861 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
This time next year is a good possibility. Maybe sooner.

Maybe.

Until the inevitable "One year ago..." stories. Like "One year ago, 17 year old Trayvon Martin was brutally killed by George Zimmerman. Here's a picture of 12 year old Trayvon..."

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 559 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Okay so only two people know what really happened that night and one of them is dead.

What does George Zimmerman say he did that night, what is presented during this case (I haven't followed it outside of this thread)?

Does he admit that he stalked the kid after 911 told him not to?
Does he admit to talking to the kid whatsoever prior to the fight?

If the answer to those questions no, why do some people assume he is lying? Is there any proof to suggest that he is?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:26 pm

HNutz wrote:
Maybe.

Until the inevitable "One year ago..." stories. Like "One year ago, 17 year old Trayvon Martin was brutally killed by George Zimmerman. Here's a picture of 12 year old Trayvon..."

Yeah, it all depends on all the participants behavior. The judge may want to cross all "t"s and dot all "i"s so no one can scream "unfair".
So many factors in how long this could play out. So far... it's going to be long trial.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 861 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Rockman wrote:Okay so only two people know what really happened that night and one of them is dead.

What does George Zimmerman say he did that night, what is presented during this case (I haven't followed it outside of this thread)?

Does he admit that he stalked the kid after 911 told him not to?
Does he admit to talking to the kid whatsoever prior to the fight?

If the answer to those questions no, why do some people assume he is lying? Is there any proof to suggest that he is?

For SOME people, it's not about "proof".

It's because a "white" guy (actually Hispanic) shot and killed a black child (actually a 17 year old) for no reason (he was actually being attacked). They first saw Zimmerman in prison orange (for an unrelated event years ago) and a lightened photo of Martin (they've shown several outdated photos of him) and that's the mental image that stuck with them...

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Yeah, it all depends on all the participants behavior. The judge may want to cross all "t"s and dot all "i"s so no one can scream "unfair".
So many factors in how long this could play out. So far... it's going to be long trial.

I don't know if there behavior will even make a difference at this point. For Zimmerman, I think the only options are "bad" and "worse."

But I thought it was wrapping up? The prosecution has rested, right? So that's a good sign... maybe.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 559 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm just curious what chain of events the defense is presenting for the case.

achilles

Happy Pony Day!

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Interesting, so the DOJ was helping those anti-Zmmerman protests. Sounds pretty illegal to me. The government on all levels seems to really be trying to get him by any means they can.

I'm halfway surprised Obama just doesn't have a drone drop a missile on his head.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:49 pm

achilles wrote:Interesting, so the DOJ was helping those anti-Zmmerman protests. Sounds pretty illegal to me. The government on all levels seems to really be trying to get him by any means they can.

I'm halfway surprised Obama just doesn't have a drone drop a missile on his head.

It's Eric "My People" Holder. What else would you expect? He's as bad as Sharpton or Jackson.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm

HNutz wrote:
For SOME people, it's not about "proof".

It's because a "white" guy (actually Hispanic) shot and killed a black child (actually a 17 year old) for no reason (he was actually being attacked). They first saw Zimmerman in prison orange (for an unrelated event years ago) and a lightened photo of Martin (they've shown several outdated photos of him) and that's the mental image that stuck with them...

I don't know if there behavior will even make a difference at this point. For Zimmerman, I think the only options are "bad" and "worse."

But I thought it was wrapping up? The prosecution has rested, right? So that's a good sign... maybe.

The judge could drag it out or the opposite as could the lawyers on either side.

The prosecution resting is only part one ending. Part two could be a lot longer.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

achilles wrote:Interesting, so the DOJ was helping those anti-Zmmerman protests. Sounds pretty illegal to me. The government on all levels seems to really be trying to get him by any means they can.

That's for after the trial when it looks like he's getting away with the crime.

Oh sorry, the alleged and then proven not to be a crime. Forgot about your opinion there and wanted to make nice with you 'cause you are my friend. :-D

achilles

Happy Pony Day!

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

That's for after the trial when it looks like he's getting away with the crime.

Oh sorry, the alleged and then proven not to be a crime. Forgot about your opinion there and wanted to make nice with you 'cause you are my friend. :-D

:lol: 8)

Back to today's news, the sheriff at the time has given an interview where he said the case was taken away from him because higher-up just wanted an arrest. They didn't care about a conviction. That seems to have changed now that the judge and the prosecutor, working together rather illegally, have determined that they can't win their second degree murder case and added manslaughter, and tried to add third degree murder based on child abuse of the 17 year old Treyvon. :roll:

And the judge got into what amounted to a fight with the defense lawyer, behaviour in a judge that court observers have noted they'd never seen before. Whilst one of Zimmerman's lawyers was heard to ask "What's going on here" upon one of the judge's outbursts.

It's also worth noting that the charges were sprung on the defense at the last minute, this morning in fact, prompting objections that led to more outbursts from the judge.

In other words this is a kangeroo court, designed to get Zimmerman at all costs. The judge knows damn well a conviction would be overturned on appeal at this point, and essentially acknowledged that to Zimmerman's lawyers, telling them they could always appeal.

But the government wants that first victory that they've already broken the law for at least once, (in the conduct of the prosecutors seeking the warrant, for which their boss got indicted for fraud). The judge is obviously in on it, and doing everything she can to help the prosecution.

Again, I think she should not only be removed from the bench, but disbarred as a result of her conduct in this trial, and should the prosecutor's boss.

In light of all this, I'm changing my call of a hung jury, to guilty of manslaughter, and reversed on appeal.

It is after all a political prosecution, plain and simple.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum