Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 am

They've been deliberating for quite awhile, he's going to be guilty of something, probably manslaughter, and rightly so....

In Florida you can get up to 30 years, I'll be happy with 20 though :D

Hab

Advertisement

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:39 am

habitual wrote:They've been deliberating for quite awhile, he's going to be guilty of something, probably manslaughter, and rightly so....

Hab

They're probably just trying to figure out if they'll be killed for letting him off like they should. A reasonable concern, considering.

I'm hoping for a hung jury. Then my thread can live on...
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am

Hey if you want to update it daily with Zimmerman's new meal plan it'll be fine with me :D

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 am

habitual wrote:They've been deliberating for quite awhile, he's going to be guilty of something, probably manslaughter, and rightly so....

Hab

Knowing all we know at this point, we know at the very worst this was all an accident, or a pretty clear cut case of self defense. I can't understand why any reasonable person would want Zimmerman to rot in jail for ridiculous amounts of time for what amounts to a misunderstanding.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:59 am

dairydead wrote:
Knowing all we know at this point, we know at the very worst this was all an accident, or a pretty clear cut case of self defense. I can't understand why any reasonable person would want Zimmerman to rot in jail for ridiculous amounts of time for what amounts to a misunderstanding.

Thanks for telling me what "I know" and calling me unreasonable.

I'll expect an apology thread later today.

Hab

pastajoe
FROGMAN

Postby pastajoe » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:07 am

dairydead wrote:Knowing all we know at this point, we know at the very worst this was all an accident, or a pretty clear cut case of self defense. I can't understand why any reasonable person would want Zimmerman to rot in jail for ridiculous amounts of time for what amounts to a misunderstanding.

We know that only one person is alive to give his story, the vigilante who proactively confronted someone while carrying a gun, and then didn't stay in his car after being told on the phone to back off. He went looking for trouble, found it, and didn't have the training or smarts to handle it. That's not an innocent person.

I don't want him to 'rot in jail', but he should serve some time for his actions.
Last edited by pastajoe on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 am

habitual wrote:

Thanks for telling me what "I know" and calling me unreasonable.

I'll expect an apology thread later today.

Hab

You "know" what has been presented in this trial. There's a reason that most people think the defense will win this. I just don't understand why any educated person would be so out for blood over what genuinely appears to be an accident.

But go ahead, be snarky or whatever you want to do.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:09 am

pastajoe wrote:
We know that only one person is alive to give his story, the vigilante who proactively confronted someone while carrying a gun, and then didn't stay in his car after being told on the phone to back off. He went looking for trouble, found it, and didn't have the training or smarts to handle it. That's not an innocent person.

I don't want him to 'rot in jail', but he should serve some time for his actions.

Are we conveniently forgetting the part where he got assaulted for simply "creeping" somebody out?

just saw your later addition. I would actually tend to agree. He deserves consequence for killing Martin, but to be foaming at the mouth to hope he gets more time as hab is doing looks almost savage.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 am

So, just so we are all on the same page; I should be able to kill someone who is following me with no repercussions? You guys would agree with that, right?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:22 am

dairydead wrote:Are we conveniently forgetting the part where he got assaulted for simply "creeping" somebody out?

just saw your later addition. I would actually tend to agree. He deserves consequence for killing Martin, but to be foaming at the mouth to hope he gets more time as hab is doing looks almost savage.

What I'm not forgetting is the chief medical examiner for the county saying that Zimmerman's story wasn't what happened. But hey if you want to rewrite that part of the trial so it fits in with what "you know", feel free.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:32 am

habitual wrote:
What I'm not forgetting is the chief medical examiner for the county saying that Zimmerman's story wasn't what happened. But hey if you want to rewrite that part of the trial so it fits in with what "you know", feel free.

Hab

The fact that this medical examiner trumps all of the lies, manipulation, distortion, And race baiting that is coming from the prosecution is what I'm talking about. Have you never considered that there may be an agenda at play? Especially after considering all of the already exposed garbage the prosecution has been dealing?

Honestly though, you're a smart guy, I would just expect you to do a little bit of digging beyond what the media is presenting to you

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 am

dairydead wrote:
The fact that this medical examiner trumps all of the lies, manipulation, distortion, And race baiting that is coming from the prosecution is what I'm talking about. Have you never considered that there may be an agenda at play? Especially after considering all of the already exposed garbage the prosecution has been dealing?

Honestly though, you're a smart guy, I would just expect you to do a little bit of digging beyond what the media is presenting to you

Did you actually watch the trial? I watched the whole thing.

And yeah medical experts that call bullshit on testimony are usually listened too.

Hab
Last edited by habitual on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 am

habitual wrote:

Hab

Funny, I don't recall that. Also, I recall a much more eminent medical expert testifying for the defense, backing up Zimmerman in every way.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:48 am

achilles wrote:
Funny, I don't recall that. Also, I recall a much more eminent medical expert testifying for the defense, backing up Zimmerman in every way.

The CME actually examined Zimmerman. The defense's paid consultant didn't. :lol:

Hab

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:54 am

dairydead wrote:

OF course there's an agenda. Let's see, Obama interject himself on the side of Martin, where he should have said nothing. So do perennial race-baitors and proven racists Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Then the police chief is fired and the case taken from him after he determines there isn't a case there. Then during the investigation that follows, every good police technique is abandoned. The Martin family is allowed together in the mayor's office without a police presence to allow them to get their stories straight on the 911 tape after the father contradicts the mother by saying it wasn't his son screaming. The evidence is bagged wet and allowed to degrade. Then we have the prosecutor's boss indicted for fraud after intentionally withholding exculpatory evidence from the defense---to wit the photos of Zimmerman injured, in the application for the arrest warrant.

During the whole process we have NBC, MSN, and CNN intentionally editing the 911 tapes to cut out enough words and patch them together to make it seem like Zimmerman is using racial slurs. There were the concerted media efforts to label Zimmerman as "white", which are STILL happening, what with CNN's "white Hispanic". Once in a great while, some story in a minor outlet will note on page 4 that he's actually white/Hispanic/black. And sometimes they'll note that the racist Zimmerman took a black girl to prom, and mentored others. But not too often.

We have Jackson and Sharpton race baiting, trying to urge people to violence. Along with the Martin family. We have a judge who blatantly favors the prosecution the entire trial in defiance of the law.

Yep, there's a definite agenda. It's worth noting that at about the same time, another man shot a guy in self defense, in Florida IIRC. You don't know about that because the shooter was black and the guy he shot was white. By all accounts, it was a legit shoot, but then by all the evidence, so was the Martin shooting.

But then this was never about evidence.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum