Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 938 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

I still think Zimmerman murdered that kid.

Based on all that was presented, statements by Zimmerman... the guy was in the wrong and took a life he had no right to take. He came across as someone looking for a reason to shoot someone. He chose a black kid with little to absolutely no reason, based on the little fact that some burglaries may have happened and by possibly a black guy and this kid did not live around there.

IMO.

You think differently, then we can agree to disagree. Cool?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Advertisement

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 19 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, that is why we are having a trial. Cause at this point, speculation is useless cause the media fucked up the whole "fair and distanced" thing they pretend to honor.
"Diversity equals division"

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 839 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Food Eater lad wrote: What part of I don't know what happened is unclear?

Well, the media is not with Zimmerman... You blasted the media coverage...

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 19 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Your point is? I must be pro Zimmerman cause the Media fawned on Martin and I said that they were wrong to do so?

again, the media handled this case very poorly, and I have no idea who is right and who is wrong.

Your own biases will interpret that as you will.
"Diversity equals division"

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Ntikrst wrote:

+

=

Really classy. Really classy.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:05 am

I'm still reluctantly on Zimmerman's side. I think the guy is a dumbass, and he did kill a kid (a very big kid, unlike the media portrayed him). But he was in a very bad neighborhood, and this kid was sitting on him beating his head into the pavement. I'm not sure that warranted shooting Trayvon, but not being in that situation makes it a tough call. I'm firmly on the side of people being able to defend themselves, but in all honesty, I've seen a few cases of Stand Your Ground that seemed pretty damn sketchy. Depending on the neighborhood though, you might need that.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 am

Thunderstorm wrote:I'm still reluctantly on Zimmerman's side. I think the guy is a dumbass, and he did kill a kid (a very big kid, unlike the media portrayed him). But he was in a very bad neighborhood, and this kid was sitting on him beating his head into the pavement. I'm not sure that warranted shooting Trayvon, but not being in that situation makes it a tough call. I'm firmly on the side of people being able to defend themselves, but in all honesty, I've seen a few cases of Stand Your Ground that seemed pretty damn sketchy. Depending on the neighborhood though, you might need that.

One of the 911 callers saw Zimmerman straddling Martin after having shot him

Selma Mora testified that after she heard what she now believes was a gunshot, she rushed outside and saw the man who survived the fight on his knees straddling Trayvon. That man then stood up and began pacing, she said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-day-14-20130627,0,6371621.story?page=1

The only testimony that says that Martin was the aggressor is Zimmerman's. Jeantel's and Mora's testimony should be enough that Zimmerman will have to take the stand to testify, which doesn't bode well for the defense.

Hab

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 am

habitual wrote:
One of the 911 callers saw Zimmerman straddling Martin after having shot him

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-day-14-20130627,0,6371621.story?page=1

The only testimony that says that Martin was the aggressor is Zimmerman's. Jeantel's and Mora's testimony should be enough that Zimmerman will have to take the stand to testify, which doesn't bode well for the defense.

Hab

If Zimmerman was on top of him, how did Zimmerman get the wounds to the back of his head?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/23/tra ... r-stories/

This neighborhood seems full of bad witnesses.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 am

Thunderstorm wrote:
If Zimmerman was on top of him, how did Zimmerman get the wounds to the back of his head?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/23/tra ... r-stories/

This neighborhood seems full of bad witnesses.

Based on the evidence and current testimony no one knows, Zimmerman is the only person that's able to say he was attacked by Martin.

That's while he'll have to testify.

Hab

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 am

bkthomson wrote:
Really classy. Really classy.

Fair enough, I shouldn't be wishing Ill on Martin and his family, they've already suffered too much as it is.

But if Martin is innocent, then Zimmerman pulled a gun first. Martin said oh nay, nay and attacked Zimmerman in a fit of righteous rage, smashing his nose, kicking him in the stomach before knocking him to the ground. All the while Zimmerman never fired a shot, never used it to pistol whip Martin or otherwise defend himself in any manner because Trayvon didn't suffer any defensive wounds. Nope, Zimmerman takes a beating instead and Martin isn't concerned with disarming him. Instead he just climbs on Zimmerman's chest, grabs him by the ears and slams the back of his head into the ground. Finally our "villain" had enough and decided to slay our valiant "hero."

Highly fucking unlikely.

If Martin is guilty, then he attacked Zimmerman for having the audacity to question his motives for being in the area. Zimmerman knocked the chip off Martin's shoulder and was going to pay for it dearly. So he went to town on his face, kicked him in the stomach and then knocked him to the ground. We know Zimmerman was completely overwhelmed because he had no offensive wounds on his hands which coincides with the lack of defensive wounds on Martin. Then he climbs on Zimmerman's chest, grabs him by the ears and slams the back of his head into the ground. Finally our "victim" had enough and decided to slay our violent "hoodlum."

Much more likely; who charges an armed man? What kind of armed man takes a beating without firing a shot?

Just to play devil's advocate, the only way Zimmerman could be guilty and still match up with the physical evidence and common sense is that Martin confronted Zimmerman which escalated into a fight and Martin broke his nose, kicked him in the stomach and then knocked him to the ground. We know Zimmerman was still completely overwhelmed because he had no offensive wounds on his hands and no there were no defensive wounds on Martin. Then he climbs on Zimmerman's chest, grabs him by the ears and slams the back of his head into the ground, just like always. But this time when Zimmerman produces the gun, Martin panics and submits instead of fighting him for it. Then battered and bruised, Zimmerman summarily executes Martin for attacking him.

That seems more likely than Martin charging an armed man but it's still a stretch of the imagination while conforming to the evidence and it presumes Zimmerman is guilty in order to work. How do you prove that beyond a reasonable doubt?

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:I still think Zimmerman murdered that kid.

Based on all that was presented, statements by Zimmerman... the guy was in the wrong and took a life he had no right to take. He came across as someone looking for a reason to shoot someone. He chose a black kid with little to absolutely no reason, based on the little fact that some burglaries may have happened and by possibly a black guy and this kid did not live around there.

IMO.

You think differently, then we can agree to disagree. Cool?

What?!?! :shock: :smt013

Tar and feather the BAD Kitty!!! :x

:lol:

But you are wrong, kitty. Looks like we might have to neuter you... :shock:

Here's what I think happened. Martin was off to score him some drugs, a condition he apparently called Monday. He attracted the attention of Zimmerman, who was neighbourhood (man Gosd, I hates me those Brits) watching. Zimmerman stupidly followed him for a bit until he lost him. At that point Martin, rather less the angel the media portrayed him and more a minor thug, had somehow doubled back behind Zimmerman, lost his temper, and attacked Zimmerman from behind, decking him and then slamming his head repeatedly into the ground. To defend himself, Zimmerman pulled his piece, or Martin got to it. Struggle ensued. Zimmerman won.

Then Media and Martin's family attacked, aided by sundry politicians.

NBC of course frauded up its story to try to portray Zimmerman as Lex Luthor crossed with Hannibal Lecter, got caught doing so, and was and is still being sued by Zimmerman for defamation, which point they sometimes reveal while still slanting coverage as much as they possibly can. In much the same fashion as with Jewel.

Keep in mind that much of the stuff that reveals Martin's character was barred by the judge from being used as being prejudicial, while pretty much anything the prosecution wanted available against Zimmerman was allowed. Also keep in mind that the prosecution's case seems to be falling apart around them since their witnesses keeping saying different things---or as in the case of Martin's GF outright lying on the stand.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:07 am

Cat, I have a feeling that you and all the other wrong people have gotten away from the core of this case, and I need to remind you what it's all about:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Last edited by achilles on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:22 am

Considering how much I've disagreed with him over the years it feels odd to say this, but FEL is right. In the end, the only man alive who actually knows what happened that night is Zimmerman, and everything else is just conjecture and speculation, and as such tied in with people's personal prejudices and expectations.

Everyone gets very heated about this, but nobody can really be one hundred percent correct in their assumptions about that night. I reckon it's probably best to just wait and see what the trial manages to establish.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 am

achilles wrote:Cat, I have a feeling that you and all the other wrong people have gotten away from the core of this case, and I need to remind you what it's all about:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

:smt007 :smt118 :smt055 :smt060 :smt049 :smt047 :smt041 :wackoff :like :DancingObama
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am

nietoperz wrote:Considering how much I've disagreed with him over the years it feels odd to say this, but FEL is right. In the end, the only man alive who actually knows what happened that night is Zimmerman, and everything else is just conjecture and speculation, and as such tied in with people's personal prejudices and expectations.

Everyone gets very heated about this, but nobody can really be one hundred percent correct in their assumptions about that night. I reckon it's probably best to just wait and see what the trial manages to establish.

All true, after all, given facts and more facts, we can choose to change our judgement or if you prefer pre-judgement on this.

I still stand by what I've said to date, but as the court case goes on, I may change.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum