Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby achilles » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 pm

habitual wrote:
I still don't think you've got the facts straight on this.

I have zero doubt the NAACP will fund the civil side for the plaintiffs. They already have a million signatures to get the DOJ to proceed with a federal prosecution.

Hab

Dammit, I touched the wrong thing and my post disappeared! And feel free to misinterpret that as much as you want so long it is hilarious!

But my facts are right. Time and other sources confirm it. As for the NAACP, I have no doubt they've love to see a federal political trial on Zimmerman, (though it won't happen and would be a waste of time if it did, since Zimmerman would win---it's even a more un-winnable case than the first trial). I just doubt they're going to waste money compensating Zimmerman should his SYG hearing go that way. They'd just bail and let the Martin's pay. They might foot the bill for the Martin's lawyers during the hearing, but they wouldn't pay for Zimmerman's lawyers, fees, and lost income after.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Advertisement

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:24 pm

60 pages!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

I might change my settings a bit to see how many pages I can get... :wink:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:25 pm

achilles wrote:
Dammit, I touched the wrong thing and my post disappeared! And feel free to misinterpret that as much as you want so long it is hilarious!

But my facts are right. Time and other sources confirm it. As for the NAACP, I have no doubt they've love to see a federal political trial on Zimmerman, (though it won't happen and would be a waste of time if it did, since Zimmerman would win---it's even a more un-winnable case than the first trial). I just doubt they're going to waste money compensating Zimmerman should his SYG hearing go that way. They'd just bail and let the Martin's pay. They might foot the bill for the Martin's lawyers during the hearing, but they wouldn't pay for Zimmerman's lawyers, fees, and lost income after.

So they went through the criminal trial without invoking it because they weren't worried about a conviction? :lol:

That makes no sense.

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 663 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm

GOSD wrote:
It went past my shoulders, bro and my old man hated it. :wink:

Offered me $500 in high school to cut it, I said no. Got to college, offered me $500 again and I took it.

Needed beer money.

$500 was a lot of money back then. I think gold coins were still the preferered currency.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 pm

habitual wrote:
So they went through the criminal trial without invoking it because they weren't worried about a conviction? :lol:

That makes no sense.

Hab

Actually, as I understand it, partly yes. Also partly because he couldn't retreat if he wanted to. Being pinned to the ground and all. But evidently there are two separate sections of the law, one pertaining to criminal law, and the other to civil. One doesn't seem to have to be invoked for the other to be.

Hey, don't talk to me about it, I didn't write the law. Tell Florida. Though I agree with and understand the intent of the civil part---to avoid lawsuits against people who exercise a legal use of lethal force in self defense.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 pm

GOSD wrote:
"Don't talk down to me!"

Get off your high horse, Professor Frag. :roll:

Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Frag

Postby Frag » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
$500 was a lot of money back then. I think gold coins were still the preferered currency.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:51 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

I think not, The Lydians only invented real coinage in the 6th century BCE, and the earliest were probably electrum. Those were the coins GOSD used when he was a kid.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 663 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:12 pm

achilles wrote:
I think not, The Lydians only invented real coinage in the 6th century BCE, and the earliest were probably electrum. Those were the coins GOSD used when he was a kid.

That sounds too advanced, he was probably using early seashell money, or his dad paid him with 500 carts of grain.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 pm

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/loca ... an-verdict

Two brothers 24-year-old Andrew Austin Bohannon and 19-year-old Matthew Ryan Bohannon, both in the same car, were approached by another car carrying multiple occupants.

The car with multiple occupants fired shots into the car carrying the two men.

One victim was pronounced dead on the scene and the other victim was transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Now rumors have spread that the deadly shooting is in retaliation to a bumper sticker placed on the Bohannon's truck that said "Free Zimmerman".

Frag

Postby Frag » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
This is just you lying again. I have denied it, I used to do that often and you know it. Doesn't matter about my family, who I'm friends with, who I was married to, who I choose to date, or who I've stood up for, or where I've chosen to live. I am the supreme Nazi of the Outhouse. I did used to take it serious before, but I don't now. Thank you for that.

I did a search for the word racist and your name. There were 412 results!

This was one of them:

I genuinely don't care either way. If it's you and Chris crying about racism, I've heard it all before. I'll give you this, by your standards, I'm absolutely racist. By mine, not really. Maybe sometimes.

:lol:

No other denials in the 412 that I noticed.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Jacksonville Golden Corral case, suspect is already caught and it was a drug-related robbery. :roll:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstorie ... e-shooting

A witness came forward and told JSO that Wood had requested this witness participate in robbing the Bohannon brothers of drugs. Other witnesses have also come forward and confirmed this, according to JSO.

Wood's vehicle was seen on surveillance video to be meeting up with the Bohannons' vehicle, and then, on the video "someone ultimately shooting the victims" was seen, according to the release.

Wood was located by police Tuesday morning and he admitted that he had planned to rob the Bohannon brothers, tried to get people to assist in the robbery, and was present during the robbery.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I did a search for the word racist and your name. There were 412 results!

This was one of them:

:lol:

No other denials in the 412 that I noticed.

You are really obsessed.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Drugs?

At a Golden Corral?

I'm calling Shennanigans.

Hab

Thunderstorm