Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby achilles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
:smt007 :smt118 :smt055 :smt060 :smt049 :smt047 :smt041 :wackoff :like :DancingObama

I don't know Cat, seems an odd thing to fall in love with if you ask me... :shock:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Advertisement

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 am

And all the witnesses so far are have been discredited for changing their testimony or being uncertain about what they saw/heard, or as in the case of the latest witness backed up Zimmerman's testimony.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 pm

nietoperz wrote:Considering how much I've disagreed with him over the years it feels odd to say this, but FEL is right. In the end, the only man alive who actually knows what happened that night is Zimmerman, and everything else is just conjecture and speculation, and as such tied in with people's personal prejudices and expectations.

Everyone gets very heated about this need but nobody can really be one hundred percent correct in their assumptions about that night. I reckon it's probably best to just wait and see what the trial manages to establish.

Cat-Scratch wrote:
All true, after all, given facts and more facts, we can choose to change our judgement or if you prefer pre-judgement on this.

I still stand by what I've said to date, but as the court case goes on, I may change.

How many more facts do you guys need, why isn't the physical evidence enough? Are you influenced by the media bias and the confirmed defamation they have perpetrated against Zimmerman?

I think the reason why people get heated about this is the prosecution doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on, other than the media bias and the race card on the field. If Zimmerman and Martin were the same race, there would be no trial and no issue, the only reason why there's a trial is because it's good for ratings.

Zimmerman is getting railroaded in order to generate content for the news cycle, which conveniently distracts everyone from real issues behind the scenes.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm

achilles wrote:And all the witnesses so far are have been discredited for changing their testimony or being uncertain about what they saw/heard, or as in the case of the latest witness backed up Zimmerman's testimony.

Discredited is a huge stretch.

There have been inconsistencies in all the stories including Zimmerman's.

I am waiting on the testimony of the homicide detective that wanted Zimmerman arrested for murder the night of the crime.

Hab

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 365 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

achilles wrote:
I don't know Cat, seems an odd thing to fall in love with if you ask me... :shock:

YOU BASTARD! YOU CHANGED IT FROM MILA KUNIS :smt007 TO THAT GUY!!! :smt013

Mind you, if he had billions and is tender in the bedroom... might steal my heart.

BUT THAT WAS ORIGINALLY MILA YOU SNEAKY BASTARD!!! :smt013

:lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Ntikrst wrote:

How many more facts do you guys need, why isn't the physical evidence enough? Are you influenced by the media bias and the confirmed defamation they have perpetrated against Zimmerman?

I think the reason why people get heated about this is the prosecution doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on, other than the media bias and the race card on the field. If Zimmerman and Martin were the same race, there would be no trial and no issue, the only reason why there's a trial is because it's good for ratings.

Zimmerman is getting railroaded in order to generate content for the news cycle, which conveniently distracts everyone from real issues behind the scenes.

It's simple, this hinges on some American law. I'm a Canadian, so from a perspective here, he generated the situation and therefore is guilty. But as said, if the court gives a good argument for that law and withing that law, I'll probably change my mind. :smt102
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
It's simple, this hinges on some American law. I'm a Canadian, so from a perspective here, he generated the situation and therefore is guilty. But as said, if the court gives a good argument for that law and withing that law, I'll probably change my mind. :smt102

The defense decided to forego the "stand your ground" hearing, it doesn't apply here.

Hab

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

habitual wrote:
The defense decided to forego the "stand your ground" hearing, it doesn't apply here.

Hab

OH. Well, Zimmerman is guilty. He admitted he shot the kid. Can't claim self defense when he admitted to having approached the kid first.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 524 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

When will we hear from the dog catcher that advised Zimmerman to carry a firearm? That's the most important testimony.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Ntikrst wrote:If Zimmerman and Martin were the same race, there would be no trial and no issue.

This is absolutely true. If the media hadn't lied about Zimmerman's race, nobody would have ever given a thought to this kid. Especially the black community.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
This is absolutely true. If the media hadn't lied about Zimmerman's race, nobody would have ever given a thought to this kid. Especially the black community.

I'm not sure of that given what occurred here last summer.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I'm not sure of that given what occurred here last summer.

Here Outhouse, or here Canada? We have black kids shot by blacks and hispanics every day in this country. It might get local attention, but never national. And even locally, the only people reacting at all are in the immediate area.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
Here Outhouse, or here Canada? We have black kids shot by blacks and hispanics every day in this country. It might get local attention, but never national. And even locally, the only people reacting at all are in the immediate area.

Here in Canada, specifically here in Toronto. It was a major story. We actually had several but the one... really hit the city hard.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/ ... party.html

http://www.citynews.ca/2012/07/17/2-dea ... ad-image-0

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/07/17 ... 78359.html

A lot of violent crimes do not get reported, this is true, but some like those involving kids... tend to get notice. They should.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
YOU BASTARD! YOU CHANGED IT FROM MILA KUNIS :smt007 TO THAT GUY!!! :smt013

Mind you, if he had billions and is tender in the bedroom... might steal my heart.

BUT THAT WAS ORIGINALLY MILA YOU SNEAKY BASTARD!!! :smt013

Yes, that was a sneaky, evil thing to do! :-D But then I AM evil... :-D

Here though, this is by way of an apology:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Here in Canada, specifically here in Toronto. It was a major story. We actually had several but the one... really hit the city hard.

A lot of violent crimes do not get reported, this is true, but some like those involving kids... tend to get notice. They should.

Oh they definitely should. But here, we have way too many to even bother reporting on.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum