Thursday, June 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Action Comics #1000 Likely To Be Delayed Again As It Will Debut Bendis' First DC Work

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby RobThompson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:06 pm

The longer I think about that clunker of a story, The Game, the more I think Byrne got jobbed not being a part of this issue.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Another Silver Age easter egg. That odd little character with Bat-Mite and the Thunderbolt at the end of "Actionland!" is Zook, who co-starred with the Martian Manhunter back in the 60s.

RobThompson

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby RobThompson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks! I would never have picked up on that one on my own.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Image

Proud owner of this book but not many others (because J'Onn's HoM run is frickin' hard to find).

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

I remember my older brother having this issue.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I remember my older brother having this issue.

Uhm. er. That's so... um... awesome? :smt017

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 pm

No, it's not. It's silly as fuck. :lol: I just remember it partly because of Zook being in it.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Finally got around to reading the softcover. I really liked it, overall. Thought the story with Clark and Lex being in the same class was just...I dunno, hokey?

As for Bendis' retcon of Krypton's demise being deliberate...it seems a tad derivative of Superman: Earth One. I mean, on the one hand, the story that continues this, "The Man of Steel", could conclude with it being some kind of feint or misdirect. On the OTHER hand, it could just as easily be yet another needless "shake-up" that ends up creating more problems and stupidity. And given DC's track record, I'm leaning towards the latter.

RobThompson

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby RobThompson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am

The Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman hardcover was worth picking up. Pretty cool to read a new Siegel/Shuster story!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:00 pm

RobThompson wrote:The longer I think about that clunker of a story, The Game, the more I think Byrne got jobbed not being a part of this issue.

Is there a reason Byrne was excluded?

RobThompson

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby RobThompson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:43 pm

HNutz wrote:

None that I am aware of.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:54 pm

RobThompson wrote:None that I am aware of.

Maybe he got confused by DC's automated voice service?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/07/why-john-byrne-isnt-part-of-action-comics-1000/

RobThompson

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby RobThompson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Maybe he got confused by DC's automated voice service?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/07/why-john-byrne-isnt-part-of-action-comics-1000/

I pay no attention to Bleeding Cool. It is not even worthy of being used for joking purposes.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm

HNutz wrote:

Other than the fact he’s an asshole?

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Now that the trunks are back and it looks like Hawkman has his original helmet back can the Flash get rid of the yellow lines and Firestorm get rid of the flams at his wrists.

leave a comment with facebook