Saturday, July 2, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Action Comics #6 (Already in there Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am

I really enjoyed this one, yes it was rather confusing, but in the end it all worked out (I think) and had some really great moments and crazy ideas the likes of which only Grant Morrison could come up with. The location of the villains’ secret base being inside Superman’s head was genius! The flashback sequences were the best parts once again, and the way that the colour of the barn changed was very, very clever. Andy Kubert’s art was strong as usual, but you do have to question the wisdom of putting in this two-parter right now, because it interrupted the main story and the Superman that’s been appearing in this book didn’t appear at all! I wonder if the bullet in the 5-years in the future Superman’s head is playing a part in why he’s acting weird in Perez’s title? He did mention how it would explain some of his actions. That would be a very cool connection between the two books. The back-up story was good too, I may have some problems with the new DCU killing off Ma and Pa, but stories like this one have wrung some good emotional stuff out of it.

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 am

It was an ok issue, but I couldn't get past the fact that if the Anti-Superman Army could use a teleport rifle and tesseract technology to hide in Supes's brain, they just as easily could have stuck a dozen nuclear warheads in there and killed him outright. Doing what they did instead was one of those kooky Silver Age plot points that, when you think about it, doesn't really work at all.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I said it in another thread so I'll re-post it here. I really hate Morrison. Issue #5 was finally a good issue and then its all ruined here.

Grant Morrison is one of the worst writers in mainstream comics. He needs his own universe to go nuts in.

Horrible issue. Just godawful. The only good thing is that it was pretty.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Grant gave us more silver age-isms with twists. It seems all he's able to do these days at DC.
Not bad, but not good.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Grant would do with Supreme and company, considering Alan Moore's run with those characters.
Could be interesting.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Grant gave us more silver age-isms with twists. It seems all he's able to do these days at DC.
Not bad, but not good.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Grant would do with Supreme and company, considering Alan Moore's run with those characters.
Could be interesting.


Why use Supreme when he's got the real thing?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 am

Punchy wrote:
Why use Supreme when he's got the real thing?


Because there's only so much the Powers That Be at DC are going to allow Morrison to get away with Superman. Probably even less than what they let him do with Batman (and probably in response of what he did with Batman too.)
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:22 am

MikeinLA wrote:It was an ok issue, but I couldn't get past the fact that if the Anti-Superman Army could use a teleport rifle and tesseract technology to hide in Supes's brain, they just as easily could have stuck a dozen nuclear warheads in there and killed him outright. Doing what they did instead was one of those kooky Silver Age plot points that, when you think about it, doesn't really work at all.


I assume the Anti-Supes Army didn't want to risk the nuclear weapons destroying the area around Superman with,
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Because there's only so much the Powers That Be at DC are going to allow Morrison to get away with Superman. Probably even less than what they let him do with Batman (and probably in response of what he did with Batman too.)


But according to you guys, Morrison is making Superman too different and getting away with too much!
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Punchy wrote:
But according to you guys, Morrison is making Superman too different and getting away with too much!


Morrison really hasn't done too radical with Superman yet. He just recycled old ideas and reusing them in a postmodern sense. Nothing yet fort DC or Time-Warner would get up in arms over.

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:18 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
I assume the Anti-Supes Army didn't want to risk the nuclear weapons destroying the area around Superman with,


They didn't seem to be the types to care much about collateral damage.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 pm

MikeinLA wrote:
They didn't seem to be the types to care much about collateral damage.


There's a difference between collateral damage and total mass destruction.

Besides, there's the good chance that Supes would survive nuclear weapons dashed in a microscopic tesseract in his brain. A nice little chunk of Kryptonite, that's another thing.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 48 guests