Monday, December 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Action Comics #2 (Noble Gas Number 36 Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Also, you're one to talk about selling something for more than it's worth, Mister Speculator!
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yes, well luckily you don't get to decide what's worth what in the world of comics!

I'd rather read Grant Morrison's commentary on a comic than the actual comics of most writers.


Everyone gets to decide what's worth what to them. That's the whole point. :lol:

Punchy wrote:Also, you're one to talk about selling something for more than it's worth, Mister Speculator!


And that's when people decide they're worth a whole helluva lot! 8)
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:
You must be dense if you don't get by now that I'm saying it wasn't worth more than 11 cents or so to me though.

Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

Back to the matter at hand, I loved this issue. Whereas Morrison soured me on Batman completely, he's made me Superman fan to the point that I will read this as long as he's on board and I will pick up the Superman title once Giffen takes over.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Dragavon wrote:Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

Back to the matter at hand, I loved this issue. Whereas Morrison soured me on Batman completely, he's made me Superman fan to the point that I will read this as long as he's on board and I will pick up the Superman title once Giffen takes over.


Because Punchy likes to chat with me, I guess. And I'll post wherever I feel like it. When someone is responding to me about what I said an hour and a half ago and the conversation wasn't including you, was is it to you anyway? Did you miss the part about the writer we're talking about writing upcoming backup stories for Action Comics? How about you take your douchey attitude elsewhere? :roll:
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:
Because Punchy likes to chat with me, I guess. And I'll post wherever I feel like it. How about you take your douchey attitude elsewhere? :roll:

It was just a suggestion. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Dragavon wrote:It was just a suggestion. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.


It's just that we were clearly done talking about that, at the beginning of the thread a couple hours ago. And when Punchy is asking me to justify what I was saying at the time, it's hardly "going on about it". I was just offering up a comparison anyway.

But everyone here seems to want to decide what other people should or shouldn't post today, I guess.

"Why don't you change your thread title?"

"Why don't you go post in another thread?"
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Um...ok. I thought this was about as good as a Superman book could get (All-Star Superman not withstanding). I'm in for the long haul. My only hope is that Morales can keep up, but that's not looking promising.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Um...ok. I thought this was about as good as a Superman book could get (All-Star Superman not withstanding). I'm in for the long haul. My only hope is that Morales can keep up, but that's not looking promising.

Brent Anderson filled in some pages in this issue. Supposedly he will be the alternating artist for this series.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Dragavon wrote:Brent Anderson filled in some pages in this issue. Supposedly he will be the alternating artist for this series.


If he is a regular back-up, I've got no problem with that at all.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 pm

career artwork it is not. Rags is not bringing any thing good to this book right now. Identity Crisis was so much better looking than this book. Also I liked the Braniac tease.
User avatar

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:21 am

I'm interested to see how this ties into 'present day' superman and how his personality will end up being different because of his world introduction. A lot of the 52 books seem like the same stuff with little things here and there changed just to try and shake off the burden of continuity, but Superman actually seem pretty different.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 am

Punchy wrote:
He's acting like a bad-ass is what he's doing.


Action-wise it's cool. But his dialogue seems like it's straight out of the 60's Batman TV series - and not from any of the good parts, either.

Something like "Sure, officer I'll put him down...just as soon as he makes a full confession. To someone who still believes the law works the same for rich and poor alike. Because that ain't Superman." sounded really clunky and forced. It came off as being a little more pretentious than earnest, which Supes really needs to sound a little more like.

Now, maybe that was a little intentional, with Supes supposedly acting more detached and alien, but it just came off sounding fake.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:35 am

Dragavon wrote:Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

Back to the matter at hand, I loved this issue. Whereas Morrison soured me on Batman completely, he's made me Superman fan to the point that I will read this as long as he's on board and I will pick up the Superman title once Giffen takes over.



I like Morrison's Batman better. His Bruce isn't as much of an @$$, but still has a touch of the Batd!ckery in him. He has a bit of a trickster in him too. You see that when he's out and about as Bruce, or like when he was spreading rumors about himself online.
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

Never been a huge fan of Superman, this is the only new 52 book that I am reading and I am really enjoying it.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 am

guitarsmashley wrote:career artwork it is not. Rags is not bringing any thing good to this book right now. Identity Crisis was so much better looking than this book. Also I liked the Braniac tease.


I think this looks better than Identity Crisis, but that may be because the story is 10 times better.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 75 guests