Advertisement

Action Comics #2 (Noble Gas Number 36 Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Action Comics #2 (Noble Gas Number 36 Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Also, you're one to talk about selling something for more than it's worth, Mister Speculator!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yes, well luckily you don't get to decide what's worth what in the world of comics!

I'd rather read Grant Morrison's commentary on a comic than the actual comics of most writers.

Everyone gets to decide what's worth what to them. That's the whole point. :lol:

Punchy wrote:Also, you're one to talk about selling something for more than it's worth, Mister Speculator!

And that's when people decide they're worth a whole helluva lot! 8)

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:
You must be dense if you don't get by now that I'm saying it wasn't worth more than 11 cents or so to me though.

Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

Back to the matter at hand, I loved this issue. Whereas Morrison soured me on Batman completely, he's made me Superman fan to the point that I will read this as long as he's on board and I will pick up the Superman title once Giffen takes over.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Dragavon wrote:Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

Back to the matter at hand, I loved this issue. Whereas Morrison soured me on Batman completely, he's made me Superman fan to the point that I will read this as long as he's on board and I will pick up the Superman title once Giffen takes over.

Because Punchy likes to chat with me, I guess. And I'll post wherever I feel like it. When someone is responding to me about what I said an hour and a half ago and the conversation wasn't including you, was is it to you anyway? Did you miss the part about the writer we're talking about writing upcoming backup stories for Action Comics? How about you take your douchey attitude elsewhere? :roll:
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:
Because Punchy likes to chat with me, I guess. And I'll post wherever I feel like it. How about you take your douchey attitude elsewhere? :roll:

It was just a suggestion. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Dragavon wrote:It was just a suggestion. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.

It's just that we were clearly done talking about that, at the beginning of the thread a couple hours ago. And when Punchy is asking me to justify what I was saying at the time, it's hardly "going on about it". I was just offering up a comparison anyway.

But everyone here seems to want to decide what other people should or shouldn't post today, I guess.

"Why don't you change your thread title?"

"Why don't you go post in another thread?"

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Um...ok. I thought this was about as good as a Superman book could get (All-Star Superman not withstanding). I'm in for the long haul. My only hope is that Morales can keep up, but that's not looking promising.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Um...ok. I thought this was about as good as a Superman book could get (All-Star Superman not withstanding). I'm in for the long haul. My only hope is that Morales can keep up, but that's not looking promising.

Brent Anderson filled in some pages in this issue. Supposedly he will be the alternating artist for this series.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Dragavon wrote:Brent Anderson filled in some pages in this issue. Supposedly he will be the alternating artist for this series.

If he is a regular back-up, I've got no problem with that at all.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 pm

career artwork it is not. Rags is not bringing any thing good to this book right now. Identity Crisis was so much better looking than this book. Also I liked the Braniac tease.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:21 am

I'm interested to see how this ties into 'present day' superman and how his personality will end up being different because of his world introduction. A lot of the 52 books seem like the same stuff with little things here and there changed just to try and shake off the burden of continuity, but Superman actually seem pretty different.

Juan Cena

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 am

Punchy wrote:
He's acting like a bad-ass is what he's doing.

Action-wise it's cool. But his dialogue seems like it's straight out of the 60's Batman TV series - and not from any of the good parts, either.

Something like "Sure, officer I'll put him down...just as soon as he makes a full confession. To someone who still believes the law works the same for rich and poor alike. Because that ain't Superman." sounded really clunky and forced. It came off as being a little more pretentious than earnest, which Supes really needs to sound a little more like.

Now, maybe that was a little intentional, with Supes supposedly acting more detached and alien, but it just came off sounding fake.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:35 am

Dragavon wrote:Yeah, but in a thread specifically for Action Comics discussion, you are going on about how Image Comics is a better value, etc. How about you make a separate thread for that?

I like Morrison's Batman better. His Bruce isn't as much of an @$$, but still has a touch of the Batd!ckery in him. He has a bit of a trickster in him too. You see that when he's out and about as Bruce, or like when he was spreading rumors about himself online.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

48THRiLLS

Happy Pony Day!

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

Never been a huge fan of Superman, this is the only new 52 book that I am reading and I am really enjoying it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 am

guitarsmashley wrote:career artwork it is not. Rags is not bringing any thing good to this book right now. Identity Crisis was so much better looking than this book. Also I liked the Braniac tease.

I think this looks better than Identity Crisis, but that may be because the story is 10 times better.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand