Tuesday, May 3, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Action Comics #5 (Reckon I found me a spaceman Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:29 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Image

:smt017

Is that supposed to be Firestorm? :smt017

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
:smt017

Is that supposed to be Firestorm? :smt017

No. My head exploding over the Legion back-and-forth.

xshane666x

Mad Hatter

Postby xshane666x » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 am

I like Almond Milk

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

So any way a decent issue, sadly it took 5 issues to get a decent one.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

Well ... #6 sorts this all out.
A bit. :lol:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Well ... #6 sorts this all out.

Too bad it was a mess. I really hate Morrison. Issue #5 was finally a good issue and then its all ruined here. :smt011

Grant Morrison is one of the worst writers in mainstream comics. He needs his own universe to go nuts in.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Yeah this is a version of the "Adult Legion". Which is kind of ironic since the Legion are already adults. :roll:

I'll bet this crew Morrison came up with are younger than their neo-classic counterparts too.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Once again, Morrison's evil twin Incomprehensible-Morrison-with-a-goatee is obviously writing the book. Issue 6 was the same crap that was in Batman. :smt011

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Dragavon wrote:Once again, Morrison's evil twin Incomprehensible-Morrison-with-a-goatee is obviously writing the book. Issue 6 was the same crap that was in Batman. :smt011

Morrison's evil twin Incomprehensible-Morrison-with-a-goatee > Johns stone cold sober.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Morrison's evil twin Incomprehensible-Morrison-with-a-goatee > Johns stone cold sober.

No. Johns is capable of telling an understandable story. The fact that everything he has written lately has been boring is tangential to the situation.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 am

Dragavon wrote:No. Johns is capable of telling an understandable story. The fact that everything he has written lately has been boring is tangential to the situation.

Exactly. Johns story might be boring and suck but at least I understand it.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 am

I'll continue to say that Morrison is a fantastic plotter who needs to be a better writer.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Exactly. Johns story might be boring and suck but at least I understand it.

Morrison also writes with the idea of telling a long-term story. And staying around to finish it. Which is definitely unlike Johns.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Once again, Morrison shows us what a silver age fanboy he is.

The issue was confusing do to it being a filler to me. I was thinking it was such a non-story in the end. The only thing was really got was a re-iteration of the Johns/Animated origin with the new Morrison Superman version in it. That and the LoSHers thinking he was a caveman. Backhanded compliment.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:58 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Morrison also writes with the idea of telling a long-term story. And staying around to finish it. Which is definitely unlike Johns.

I must also disagree with that. John's long term story is that Sinestro is awesome and he'll keep writing that until everybody who reads GL agrees. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook