Advertisement

Action Comics #21 (Welcome to the friend zone Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Action Comics #21 (Welcome to the friend zone Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Once again after reading Action Comics, I am left thinking about what might have been rather than about what actually happened. I’m still pissed off that DC gave Andy Diggle enough cause to walk off. At least Superman Unchained is out next week to save us all, but still… it’s depressing as hell. This issue, much like the last one, is perfectly fine. Superman takes on Hybrid, shows some true grit and determination, and then fights Lex Luthor, defeating him, but at the same time making the average human distrust him. It’s all pretty standard stuff, but Tony Daniel executes it well. It has been a long while since we’ve actually seen Lex do his green power suit thing, so that was welcome.

I also liked the final scene with Clark, Lois and Jimmy, especially how Daniel teased us with a kiss between Clark and Lois only to swerve and have Lois put Clark firmly in the friend zone. I hope that pissed off the fanboys who are still annoyed by the ending of the Super-marriage. So yeah, perfectly adequate writing, with very good art, but I still can’t shake my feeling of disappointment.

The back-up story about Krypton by Frank Hannah and Philip Tan was actually very good though. I like seeing the new take on Krypton, and putting the focus on Jor-El and Lara before they are married is very interesting. Let’s hope Scott Lobdell taking over this book will be an improvement, this title needs some stability, but in the meantime, we’ll have Superman Unchained, which has to be good, I mean, it just has to be.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand