Advertisement

Action Comics #7 (Zoom Vision Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 778 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Action Comics #7 (Zoom Vision Spoilers)

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Is it so hard to believe that even a younger, not-at-full-power-yet Superman can hold his breath for 5 minutes but not long enough for a lengthier space trip ? Hell, he's still inexperienced with his powers at this point. Maybe he doesn't know yet that he can hold his breath for extended space-flight.

Actually folks even with moderate exposure will recover. And that's normal humans. The CDC will back me up on that one. Please, feel free to verify that.
So, a Kryptonian, with a healing metabolism, has been exposed for 5 minutes. He may have held his breath so it may be possible that his immune system was able to counter-act skin exposure. Even if we consider 5 minutes as severe exposure ... he's fucking Kryptonian ! :lol:

First it's "The Goddamn Batman" now it "The Fucking Kryptonian Superman".

:lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:18 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Is it so hard to believe that even a younger, not-at-full-power-yet Superman can hold his breath for 5 minutes but not long enough for a lengthier space trip ? Hell, he's still inexperienced with his powers at this point. Maybe he doesn't know yet that he can hold his breath for extended space-flight.

Except he's not holding his breath. He's mumbling incoherently and answering chemistry trivia about the periodic tale. In every panel that he's inside the gas chamber, I can clearly see his teeth. He doesn't need oxygen while exposed to a lethal dose of Sarin Gas, but he needs oxygen while out in space.

Superman makes it up as he goes along, classic Silver Age.

Actually folks even with moderate exposure will recover. And that's normal humans.

Only after exposure stops. Nobody is going to recover from Sarin Gas while in the chamber during exposure. That was the point remember? You claimed Superman had a moments rest and during that time he recovered enough to escape. But I pointed out he had no respite, they were pumping the room full of gas then when he finally had enough, Superman looked around, found his rocket and microwaved their technology before walking out the front door.

There's no way the CDC is going to back the idea that someone in a gas chamber exposed to Sarin Gas is just going to get over it while the door is locked and the gas continues to flow.

Cat-Scratch wrote:
First it's "The Goddamn Batman" now it "The Fucking Kryptonian Superman".

:lol:

Yup, just like Batman's always right, Superman is always strong.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am

Ntikrst wrote:I like shades of grey, good and bad as absolutes are childish concepts. If this is to be a childish product then they should charge childish prices instead of $3.99 an issue.

What kid can afford that?

40 year old kids making $100K a year? :roll:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
40 year old kids making $100K a year? :roll:

Sadly, there aren't enough of those. Only 9.7% of Americans make over $100K a year.

Seriously, if DC is going to charge $3.99 for 20 pages or so of main story and a backup, at least make the backup feature something other than filler. Want to do stories with Steel, fine. Just make it more than just "background" for the main story.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 pm

If that same Steel story was in the main part of the book would you have considered it filler ?
I felt it added an extra dimension to the main story and Steel came off looking good in the process 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:If that same Steel story was in the main part of the book would you have considered it filler ?
I felt it added an extra dimension to the main story and Steel came off looking good in the process 8)

Considering Morrison didn't write it, and it didn't do $#!t for me, then yes.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand