Advertisement

Afterlife With Archie #4 Sells Out At Diamond

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm

A second printing with a new cover is already scheduled

Source: AfterlifeWithArchie.com , Francesco Francavilla Twitter account

Even as the folks at Afterlife With Archie are boasting about the terrific reviews last week’s issue #4 received,  series Artist Francesco Francavilla revealed on his Twitter account  today that this issue has sold out at Diamond Comics Distributors and will be receiving a second printing along with a new variant cover. 

This news marks that every issue to date of this new series has sold out at Diamond.

Here is what comic sites are saying about this ground-breaking series:

“I have to hand it to those who recommended the series to me: they were right.” – Comic Book Resources  (4/5 Rating)

“This thing is downright evil, but in all the best ways.” – IGN  (9.6/10 Rating)

“An unforgettable installment and an artistic triumph…” – Bloody Disgusting (4.5/5 Rating)

“Afterlife with Archie #4 is the best issue of the series yet.” – Major Spoilers  (5/5 Rating)

“Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Francesco Francavilla are making something unforgettable…” –Comic Vine  (5/5 Rating)

Our friends at CBR have the exclusive first look at Francavilla’s cover for this second printing. Francavilla  chose to spotlight Archie’s dog, Vegas, who has one of the most powerful and heart-wrenching scenes in this issue.  Click here to view Francavilla's variant cover.

The second printing of Afterlife With Archie #4 will go on sale April 9, 2014.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

AngusH
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 43 posts

Re: Afterlife With Archie #4 Sells Out At Diamond

Postby AngusH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm

#4 was the best yet, too.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Great Vegas cover.

AngusH
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby AngusH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Yeah definitely, especially considering the part he played in issue #4. I don't know if a dog fighting a zombie dog can ever be called "heart-warming", but this was as close as it can get.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

Hence why I called it heart-wrenching.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand