Advertisement

Age Of Apocalypse #4 (Means I can't let go Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Age Of Apocalypse #4 (Means I can't let go Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:22 pm

More fun in the darkest timeline (bonus points if you know the reference) as we get a real hint of the lengths Prophet is willing to go to in order to defeat Wolverine. I’ve still not got a handle on most of the characters, but after this issue, along with Prophet, Goodnight is definitely my favourite. It’s partly his old-school domino mask, but also because the scene where he goads the Hulk/Thing to come out was brilliant writing from Lapham. I also really loved the twist that the X-Terminated had no idea where or not Betty Ross was alive, they played Bruce Banner in order to get what they wanted. That’s cool, and it’s great that the heroes in this book are willing to bend morals, this is war, not fun hijinks. I wouldn’t like this grim tone to appear in all of my comics, but it has it’s place, and this is one of them. Roberto De La Torre’s art was excellent once again, and Renato Arlem also did a good job at depicting the dark, grimy world that is the Age Of Apocalypse. Make no mistake, this book is grim, but it’s also very interesting, and not like any other X-title out there, even X-Force has moments of levity, not so here, and it’s refreshing.

Advertisement

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Age Of Apocalypse #4 (Means I can't let go Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Agreed. I love this book. The art wasn't my cup of tea to begin with, but it's either grown on me or the story allows me to look past it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand