Advertisement

Age Of Oops-tron #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Age Of Oops-tron #6

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:54 pm

HNutz wrote:Between Civil War, Planet Hulk, AvX, and now Age of Ultron... wouldn't it be nice to have a GOOD crossover event that doesn't center on heroes fighting heroes?

Wouldn't it be nice to let the crossovers develop from the stories in the regular books rather than having the status quo in the books changed every six months to fit the crossovers?

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 395 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Grayson wrote:
In Scott's defense, Madelyne was an evil clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister. Plus, at least Cyclops didn't kill any children. :P

I don't know, I feel like had the Avengers been possessed by the Phoenix Force, Cyclops and the X-Men still would have been portrayed as the villains, at least in the eyes of the characters in the Marvel Universe.

From what I understand with the Scott and Maddy thing was that Scott did go back to try and find Madelyne and Nathan after the Jean thing but they disappeared before he could get to them.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:25 am

draco x wrote:
From what I understand with the Scott and Maddy thing was that Scott did go back to try and find Madelyne and Nathan after the Jean thing but they disappeared before he could get to them.

Yeah. The Simonsons did their damndest to get Cyclops out of the douchebag territory that Bob Layton had put him in. He went back to Alaska to find his wife and son and beg their forgiveness but never found her. In fact, I think he was lead to believe she was dead. And then he sort of went crazy for an issue or two. He eventually got his son back after Madelyne went even MORE crazy.

But then his kid got the techno-organic virus and Scott did the only sensible thing. He sent his only son into the future with some chick he had just met figuring that only in the future would his boy find a cure. Instead, it turns out his son pulled through without any help but not before the Askani made their very own evil clone. That left little Nathan Christopher in the future for no good reason.

But that's ok because Scott and Jean were both sent into the future in... I guess... cloned bodies so they could properly raise his kid the rest of the way. Only they didn't let the kid know who they really were or what the hell was really going on. Probably because it was mostly insane.

Dammit, Marvel.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Yeah. The Simonsons did their damndest to get Cyclops out of the douchebag territory that Bob Layton had put him in. He went back to Alaska to find his wife and son and beg their forgiveness but never found her. In fact, I think he was lead to believe she was dead. And then he sort of went crazy for an issue or two. He eventually got his son back after Madelyne went even MORE crazy.

But then his kid got the techno-organic virus and Scott did the only sensible thing. He sent his only son into the future with some chick he had just met figuring that only in the future would his boy find a cure. Instead, it turns out his son pulled through without any help but not before the Askani made their very own evil clone. That left little Nathan Christopher in the future for no good reason.

But that's ok because Scott and Jean were both sent into the future in... I guess... cloned bodies so they could properly raise his kid the rest of the way. Only they didn't let the kid know who they really were or what the hell was really going on. Probably because it was mostly insane.

Dammit, Marvel.

:lol: Yep, that's how I remember it too.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 708 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:55 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Yeah. The Simonsons did their damndest to get Cyclops out of the douchebag territory that Bob Layton had put him in. He went back to Alaska to find his wife and son and beg their forgiveness but never found her. In fact, I think he was lead to believe she was dead. And then he sort of went crazy for an issue or two. He eventually got his son back after Madelyne went even MORE crazy.

Dammit, Marvel.

Brought us some fantastic Gene Ha art

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 am

sdsichero wrote:
Brought us some fantastic Gene Ha art

That is true.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 400 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Yep. I've got a lot of love for Marvel currently, but this "event" could have been contained in about four issues. And please refer to the "Should price matter?" thread...well written and spot on.

thank you
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Amoebas wrote:Hank Pym has now apparently been murdered in July 1967.

So he didn't accidently create Ultron.
And so Ultron never created the Vision.
Who never married the Scarlet Witch.
Who never had kids that were taken from her.
So she never went crazy.

And therefore Bendis never had a career in comics.

Yeah. I can live with that.

but, we still get AoA, right?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 pm

PS - this sucked massive balls
RUviews

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm

GHERU wrote:thank you

No thanks necessary. It crystallized exactly what I've felt for the last few years. While there are those who say that a comic costs what it costs, the vehicle analogy cemented the fallacy in that statement. If you've been buying AoU up through the current issue, I'd consider you either wealthy or a sucker. I ditched after I was idiotically convinced that the first issue was going to be awesome. Not only wasn't it that, it was $3.99 done in about 3-5 minutes...and outside of the Spider-Man rescue, absolutely nothing happened.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 385 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 am

alaska1125 wrote:No thanks necessary. It crystallized exactly what I've felt for the last few years. While there are those who say that a comic costs what it costs, the vehicle analogy cemented the fallacy in that statement. If you've been buying AoU up through the current issue, I'd consider you either wealthy or a sucker. I ditched after I was idiotically convinced that the first issue was going to be awesome. Not only wasn't it that, it was $3.99 done in about 3-5 minutes...and outside of the Spider-Man rescue, absolutely nothing happened.

That's Bendis. It's why I dropped everything I was reading by him a long time ago.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Everyone should have learned that from Secret Invasion.

Instead you've all kept right on buying his books, probably roughly two-thirds of you hating most of them, and collectively propelled Bendis to superstardom.

At which time he blithely drops this load of donkey dung on you as a thank you.

P.S. Those X-Men books of his are more talking-talking-talking.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 505 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Everyone should have learned that from Secret Invasion.

Instead you've all kept right on buying his books, probably roughly two-thirds of you hating most of them, and collectively propelled Bendis to superstardom.

Proud to say I gave up on Bendis during Avengers Disassembled and that I was not part of any 'propelling' of his career. 8)

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I like Bendis, but he's been rewarded for bad writing!

And say what you will about Disassembled, at least stuff happened!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Everyone should have learned that from Secret Invasion.

At which time he blithely drops this load of donkey dung on you as a thank you.

P.S. Those X-Men books of his are more talking-talking-talking.

Claremont's X-Men was a lot of talking too. And it was the best. Bendis's X-Men is the most X-Menny X-Men since Claremont.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand