Friday, August 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Age of Ultron #9: Well, well. Nice job, Bendis! (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:See, I couldn't give a fuck if Ultron is really there or not. Or who or what Ultron is/does. In fact this is the first book I've ever read involving Ultron. My only exposure to Ultron is late 80's, early 90's marvel trading cards and animated movies. So I'm not even approaching the quality of this story from a continuity/ultron history story. I'm coming at this as just a plain old shitty story that is poorly paced, drawn, plotted, executed.


Oh, yeah? YEAH? Well...well...fine, then!

8) :-D
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:39 pm

people that are arguing the quality of a story based on that story's title are not normal, reasonable people. That argument is invalid.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 pm

dairydead wrote:people that are arguing the quality of a story based on that story's title are not normal, reasonable people. That argument is invalid.


My argument of it being a shitty story is invalid because I don't give a fuck about Ultron?
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Oh and granted Wolverine erased them from existence but did any of the tie ins cover what happened with Fury and his future Ultron fighting team did or is that issue 10?


It's pretty much a given that in issue, was that...7?, before Wolverine erased it all from existence, that they all died in the approach to Ultron City.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:41 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
It's pretty much a given that in issue, was that...7?, before Wolverine erased it all from existence, that they all died in the approach to Ultron City.


But you don't see that, it's just them using the time machine then its all Wolverines wacky time travel story.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:42 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
But you don't see that, it's just them using the time machine then its all Wolverines wacky time travel story.


Are you serious? Did you miss the assault sequence when Captain America got his head blown off, etc.?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:42 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:But I am saying that I completely get this series, the choices that were made. I reject any notion that there was no character development.


I guess we'll see. I guess it will all depend upon who, if anyone, remembers what happens during this event. At the end of the day, shouldn't Wolverine be arrested for time travelling and murdering/attempting to kill Hank Pym? If Cyclops is a wanted fugitive for murdering Charles Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix, shouldn't Wolverine face repercussions for what he just did/attempted to do while of his own sound mind and body? Will Susan Richards have to deal with the knowledge of what she allowed/almost allowed to happen? I just don't see any of this continuing past this event, it all feels very self contained and like I said, unimportant.

I think there were some interesting things introduced, including Tony Starkguard's explanation of how they risk fucking up everything that exists when they travel through time and that Earth isn't bigger than everything else that exists.

Will any of this matter in the future? I think it will. Bendis wrote this. He's still got five time-displaced X-Men in the present. I think there will be ramifications, of some sort.


Again, we'll see. You have to remember that at least half of this event was written 2-3 years ago. Will there be ramifications? Probably. Will they feel shoehorned and less natural? More than likely.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Are you serious? Did you miss the assault sequence when Captain America got his head blown off, etc.?



Yes. but I won't miss the point where Cap is alive and well in the "real" timeline.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Grayson wrote:
I guess we'll see. I guess it will all depend upon who, if anyone, remembers what happens during this event. At the end of the day, shouldn't Wolverine be arrested for time travelling and murdering/attempting to kill Hank Pym? If Cyclops is a wanted fugitive for murdering Charles Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix, shouldn't Wolverine face repercussions for what he just did/attempted to do while of his own sound mind and body? Will Susan Richards have to deal with the knowledge of what she allowed/almost allowed to happen? I just don't see any of this continuing past this event, it all feels very self contained and like I said, unimportant.



Again, we'll see. You have to remember that at least half of this event was written 2-3 years ago. Will there be ramifications? Probably. Will they feel shoehorned and less natural? More than likely.


Hell, I think having the five time-displaced X-Men in the present is totally shoehorned and unnatural.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Are you serious? Did you miss the assault sequence when Captain America got his head blown off, etc.?


That happened in a proper issue of Age of Ultron? I will have to check when I get home.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Hell, I think having the five time-displaced X-Men in the present is totally shoehorned and unnatural.


I thought it was an odd but intriuging premise which has become basically the opposite of this event. Having the original X-Men in the present has been such a great story and feels so natural that it is hard to believe it comes from the same writer as AoU.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
That happened in a proper issue of Age of Ultron? I will have to check when I get home.


Yeah, check issue...6 or 7, whichever one Wolverine drills Hank Pym. That was going on simultaneously with the assault on Ultron City. It was pretty much a given that they didn't even make it there -- as I said, Steve Rogers wound up headless.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
My argument of it being a shitty story is invalid because I don't give a fuck about Ultron?


I don't think so. I think its pretty valid
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:59 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yeah, check issue...6 or 7, whichever one Wolverine drills Hank Pym. That was going on simultaneously with the assault on Ultron City. It was pretty much a given that they didn't even make it there -- as I said, Steve Rogers wound up headless.


WOW! I just flipped through 6 and it's amazing I swear when I read it the first time all the Ultron future stuff just wasn't there.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:04 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
WOW! I just flipped through 6 and it's amazing I swear when I read it the first time all the Ultron future stuff just wasn't there.


HA! Your Bendis Rage kept you from seeing Steve Rogers get smoked! :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Supersoldier Washout and 39 guests