Advertisement

Age of Ultron #9: Well, well. Nice job, Bendis! (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Re: Age of Ultron #9: Well, well. Nice job, Bendis! (spoiler

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Ok, this is where I will have to say you're really off your rocker because Ultron has been an unseen, unused set piece and used in name only. I mean really we've seen any kind of Ultrons roving through cities and bringing she hulk to Vision. For a couple panels in issue 6 and the end of this issue. I would argue Bendis hasn't done anything with Ultron.

Don't you see? Seriously. Don't you see the joke?

THERE'S NOTHING TO DO WITH ULTRON! NOTHING!

EVIL ROBOT. HATES HUMANS. KILLS HUMANITY. THE END!

THERE'S NOTHING MORE THERE!

The only thing left to do with this ridiculous concept is end it, if you use him at all!

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 348 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:55 am

But what has Bendis done with him other than not show him? We have 9 issues of Marvel "heroes" crying, barely fighting, and hiding in basements. Oh and my personal favorite moment of the year. Wolverine smelling Luke Cage dying (Luke Cage evacuated his bowels).
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:09 am

guitarsmashley wrote:But what has Bendis done with him other than not show him? We have 9 issues of Marvel "heroes" crying, barely fighting, and hiding in basements. Oh and my personal favorite moment of the year. Wolverine smelling Luke Cage dying (Luke Cage evacuated his bowels).

What you just wrote is what would happen when dozens/hundreds/thousands of Merciless Evil Robots Subservient to An Indestructible Evil Robot come to kill us all: Human beings crying, hiding, barely fighting, hiding in basements.

Yeah, we'd like to believe that Captain America would be on the front lines yelling "Avengers Assemble!" But you know what would more likely happen when Captain America pops his head up against dozens/hundreds/thousands of Merciless Evil Robots Subservient to An Indestructible Evil Robot?

He'd get his fucking head blown off. That's what would happen. AND ULTRON WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THERE! You wouldn't know how Ultron felt! You wouldn't know if Ultron laughed or cried or did an Evil Robot Victory Dance!

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:12 am

Except this is fucking fiction. I don't read super hero comics for their reality based grounded nature of storytelling. Especially an event book like this was supposed to be.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Except this is fucking fiction. I don't read super hero comics for their reality based grounded nature of storytelling. Especially an event book like this was supposed to be.

So basically what you're saying is that you want EVERY SINGLE TIME THE EVIL, INDESTRUCTIBLE, UNKILLABLE ROBOT APPEARS, WHO HAS ONE GOAL IN MIND, WHO LEARNS FROM EVERY DEFEAT, WHO IS AS STRONG AS THOR, NEVER TIRES, IS POWERED BY A NUCLEAR REACTOR AND IS SMARTER THAN TONY STARK AND REED RICHARDS AND HANK PYM, IS TO NOT HAVE THAT EVIL, INDESTRUCTIBLE, UNKILLABLE ROBOT WHO HAS ONE GOAL IN MIND, WHO LEARNS FROM EVERY DEFEAT, WHO IS AS STRONG AS THOR, NEVER TIRES, IS POWERED BY A NUCLEAR REACTOR AND IS SMARTER THAN TONY STARK AND REED RICHARDS AND HANK PYM, NEVER KILL MOCKINGBIRD OR TRIATHLON OR JARVIS OR CLINT BARTON.

OK, then! That'll work!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 am

Poor Age of Ultron apologist. Poor, poor Age of Ultron apologist.

- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:25 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Poor Age of Ultron apologist. Poor, poor Age of Ultron apologist.

No. You don't get it. You want there to be some kind of happy ending that involves the humans "overcoming all odds."

But you know what? In this story, in this reality, THERE'S NOTHING TO FIGURE OUT.

Skynet is active! He did it 35 minutes ago! Order 66 has been given!

THAT"S THE STORY! THERE IS NO MORE!

There is no character development for Ultron! There is no remorse! There is no feeling, no emotion!

There's only a basic time travel story, a butterfly effect scenario, an alternate timeline of what might have been. It's been done hundreds of times. That's all there is! What more did you expect? There is no more!
Last edited by ElijahSnowFan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am

I never said anything about a happy ending, I want an actual story. At this point I just feel sorry for you.

- Les Paul

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am

Yeah Ultron just doesn't work. He is too overpowered and has no personality. Ultron Unlimited is terrible.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 am

Jubilee wrote:Yeah Ultron just doesn't work. He is too overpowered and has no personality. Ultron Unlimited is terrible.

Twigg, I swear to God, you'd think we were talking about Doctor Doom or the Red Skull; characters who "live and breathe" and "want something."

Ultron's just a robot, man. Just an evil robot/programming. That's all it is.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Twigg, I swear to God, you'd think we were talking about Doctor Doom or the Red Skull; characters who "live and breathe" and "want something."

Ultron's just a robot, man. Just an evil robot/programming. That's all it is.

Maybe this latest incarnation evolved to have a penis and he just wants some sweet robot poontang or dong....

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Maybe this latest incarnation evolved to have a penis and he just wants some sweet robot poontang or dong....

Ultron already has two wives, he probably already had a robo-dick.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

Punchy wrote:
Ultron already has two wives, he probably already had a robo-dick.

Maybe he's ready to be a bottom?

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Maybe he's ready to be a bottom?

He probably had his fill of that when he was a woman!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

Punchy wrote:
He probably had his fill of that when he was a woman!

And what you guys are saying, what we've seen most recently from the character really goes to my point of that there's nothing left to do, nothing at all, with Ultron. Nothing.

So you tell Age of Ultron and be done with it.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand