Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Twin Peaks' Kyle MacLachlan in Important Role

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 pm

MacLachlan will play Skye's dad in the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Source: EW

When Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns to TV screens this fall, the show will have a new cast member. Kyle MacLachlan, best known as Special Agent Dale Cooper from the 1990s David Lynch classic Twin Peaks, has reportedly been cast as Agent Skye's father in the show.

"What the fuck?!" MacLachlan reportedly asked when browsing press coverage for the news. "Twin Peaks was like twenty-five years ago. I've been in other stuff, you know! Lots of stuff!"

Shut up, Kyle MacLachlan. You'll always be the dude from Twin Peaks. On a related note, we feel pretty old.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns on September 23rd, though we expect there to be an inexplicable two month gap between the first and second episodes.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 pm

But WHO is he playing, THAT's the question!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:13 pm

BOB Agent of HYDRA.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 pm

HNutz wrote:But WHO is he playing, THAT's the question!

Yeah it's is, and it should be interesting to see what sort of character he's going to be.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:BOB Agent of HYDRA.

Heh that would be pretty amazing. :lol:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm still hoping that he's not a literal "monster" and it winds up being someone cool, like Baron Zemo.

Then again, I'm ALSO hoping he's in Captain America 3.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:48 pm

I kind of mixed about this. One of the things I feel AoS needs to avoid having the show's main cast be overshadowed by guest hero/villains and recurring characters.

AoS needs to be centered around the the SHIELD agents, and to making sure the show becomes a strong franchise for the next few years.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Juan Cena wrote:I kind of mixed about this. One of the things I feel AoS needs to avoid having the show's main cast be overshadowed by guest hero/villains and recurring characters.

AoS needs to be centered around the the SHIELD agents, and to making sure the show becomes a strong franchise for the next few years.

The first season was at it's strongest after Bill Paxon came aboard though.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Juan Cena wrote:I kind of mixed about this. One of the things I feel AoS needs to avoid having the show's main cast be overshadowed by guest hero/villains and recurring characters.

To be fair though that's the only reason for Arrow's popularity. Take away the guest hero/'villains and that show is just another Smallville.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The first season was at it's strongest after Bill Paxon came aboard though.

It became more focused after Cap movie came out, certainly. But that was almost out of necessity following the events in the film.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
To be fair though that's the only reason for Arrow's popularity. Take away the guest hero/'villains and that show is just another Smallville.

Smallville was still successful despite that though. (Even though it did have DC characters show up through the run.)

AoS needs to use the what parts of the Marvel Universe it has available to exploit strategically. The Marvel characters used need to fit the needs of the series, and not the other way around.

Supersoldier Washout

penile prisoner

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am

He was hilarious in "Sex and the City" and "Showgirls"!

:-D

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:33 am

HNutz wrote:But WHO is he playing, THAT's the question!

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The Mandarin

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:44 am

Excellent casting, I'm sure he'll do a good job! :-D

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am

Once again you spout incorrect ideas. It needs great villains and guest stars otherwise it becomes just another villain of the week shows. It needs a season big bad that guests in every other episode at least.

leave a comment with facebook