Advertisement

All Star Western #2 (Evenin' Boys Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

All Star Western #2 (Evenin' Boys Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm

This book is just a lot of fun. As I mentioned over in my I, Vampire reviews, the art from Moritat in this issue is much improved over #1 because colourist Gabriel Bautista stopped using so much brown and used a bit more variety, and it made the book look a lot clearer and better. Graymiotti’s take on Hex is as spot-on as usual, and it’s great fun to spot all the references to Batman history in this issue, the Crime Bible is the biggest one, but some of the posse that was sent to kill Hex and Arkham were wearing masks that look very much like Scarecrows, I wonder what the connection is there? The double-page spread with Hex taking on the gunmen was just awesome, violent poetry in motion. The El Diablo back-up was a little cheesy, but it was fun, and Jordi Bernet artwork is always welcome, and hey, Zombies.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: All Star Western #2 (Evenin' Boys Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm liking the way the Lords of Crime are being developed as villains and they're scene was enjoyable to read, although I thought it may have taken up a little too much space considering how shortened the main story was by the El Diablo back up feature. It left me a little bit of a sense that not enough happened over the course of the whole issue. That sense wasn't enough to kill my enjoyment though. The El Diablo story I completely enjoyed though.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand