Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

All-Star Western #7 (A little blood on her knuckles Spoilers

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am

Jonah Hex and Doc Arkham head to New Orleans, but rather than actually do what they went there for, they get involved in some crazy anarchist shenanigans. I was annoyed at first that the story was derailed so quickly by a convenient mill-explosion, but by the end of the story I was along for the ride. It was cool to see Nighthawk and Cinnamon and get some little hints and tidbits about their connection to Hawkman and Hawkgirl (Have we seen a Hawkgirl in the New DCU? Is she also ‘Savage’?). I know it’s obvious but I like how this title makes little jokes about the present DCU, dramatic irony like Arkham saying he doesn’t think Gotham will ever have a need for a masked vigilante. As I said, it’s obvious, but it’s fun. The scenes with Hex in the underground boxing ring were great, Moritat drew those hulking immigrants brilliantly, and the violence was brutal, especially when that girl was slashing the guy with her foot-spikes. It’s just a shame she’s a racist or whatever, I can imagine her and Hex having a good time. The back-up story shone a light on guest-stars Nighthawk and Cinnamon, in particular Nighthawk, as in amongst a brawl with some criminals, we’re given flashbacks to his childhood, which was interesting. It’s cool how this series is really bringing back a whole universe of DC Western characters.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Z. C. Branke should be an interesting new foe for Hex. It should be fun to learn more about her.

I loved the Nighthawk and Cinnamon back up.

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 am

Punchy wrote:that girl was slashing the guy with her foot-spikes. It’s just a shame she’s a racist or whatever, I can imagine her and Hex having a good time.

I'm sure they're going to have a good time fighting next issue :-D

I liked the name they gave Hex - "Scarface"

leave a comment with facebook