Advertisement

All-Star Western #7 (A little blood on her knuckles Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

All-Star Western #7 (A little blood on her knuckles Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am

Jonah Hex and Doc Arkham head to New Orleans, but rather than actually do what they went there for, they get involved in some crazy anarchist shenanigans. I was annoyed at first that the story was derailed so quickly by a convenient mill-explosion, but by the end of the story I was along for the ride. It was cool to see Nighthawk and Cinnamon and get some little hints and tidbits about their connection to Hawkman and Hawkgirl (Have we seen a Hawkgirl in the New DCU? Is she also ‘Savage’?). I know it’s obvious but I like how this title makes little jokes about the present DCU, dramatic irony like Arkham saying he doesn’t think Gotham will ever have a need for a masked vigilante. As I said, it’s obvious, but it’s fun. The scenes with Hex in the underground boxing ring were great, Moritat drew those hulking immigrants brilliantly, and the violence was brutal, especially when that girl was slashing the guy with her foot-spikes. It’s just a shame she’s a racist or whatever, I can imagine her and Hex having a good time. The back-up story shone a light on guest-stars Nighthawk and Cinnamon, in particular Nighthawk, as in amongst a brawl with some criminals, we’re given flashbacks to his childhood, which was interesting. It’s cool how this series is really bringing back a whole universe of DC Western characters.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: All-Star Western #7 (A little blood on her knuckles Spoi

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Z. C. Branke should be an interesting new foe for Hex. It should be fun to learn more about her.

I loved the Nighthawk and Cinnamon back up.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: All-Star Western #7 (A little blood on her knuckles Spoi

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 am

Punchy wrote:that girl was slashing the guy with her foot-spikes. It’s just a shame she’s a racist or whatever, I can imagine her and Hex having a good time.

I'm sure they're going to have a good time fighting next issue :-D

I liked the name they gave Hex - "Scarface"

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand