Advertisement

All-Star Western #0 (Never be brothers Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

All-Star Western #0 (Never be brothers Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:40 am

This issue was pretty much a retelling of Jonah Hex’s origin. We see him as a kid, beaten by his dad, then sold to the Native Americans, then as a soldier in the Confederate Army, and then how he got his face burnt. I’m not especially familiar with Hex’s past, so it was good to see it all again, but I do know that there’s not much here that’s actually new, so it was fairly pointless in some ways. But then, when you think of it, all comics are pointless, so as long as it’s enjoyable, it doesn’t matter. I particularly liked the opening scene with Jonah’s dad absolutely destroying a group of Mormon hunters, that was some hardcore violence right there. The ending of the issue was cool, we’re back in the present and learning more about the Jekyll and Hyde plotline. It was great to see Pia Guerra show up to draw these scenes, where has she been since Y: The Last Man ended? I love her art, she needs to do more stuff!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: All-Star Western #0 (Never be brothers Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I can't say I was a big fan of this issue. It seemed like a retread of other issues that Gray and Palmiotti already wrote in Jonah Hex's self titled series before Flashpoint.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand