Advertisement

All-Star Western #8 (Researching the effects of Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

All-Star Western #8 (Researching the effects of Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Another very good issue, and after thinking last time that Arkham was a bit of a fifth wheel on this adventure, it was good that he got a central role in this issue, even if that role was basically to fuck everything up for Jonah. That said, the scenes with Arkham in the Opium Den and then psychoanalysing the hulking prisoner were series highlights for me. The fight between Jonah Hex and the evil ZC in the arena was wonderfully brutal, especially when compared to the fight in #7. It was a bit annoying that Hex’s plan was discovered so quickly, but it did speed things up and gave us a real doozy of a cliffhanger. Interestingly the cover to the next issue seems to indicate that it’s a ‘Night Of Owls’ tie-in, how the heck are they going to work in the Court Of Owls into this story? They’re not even in Gotham! Hmm. The Nighthawk and Cinnamon back-up was good once again, I like the structure with the flashbacks, and I guess I was right in my recollection that they are Khufu and Chay-ara reincarnations, those corpses where very Hawkish.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: All-Star Western #8 (Researching the effects of Spoilers

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I enjoyed this issue.

I agree with you about the jail scene with the hulking prisoner -- that was amusing. I really liked the fight with ZC Branke as well. I enjoyed the Nighthawk and Cinnamon backup story even more than I enjoyed the main story.

Thank you Troy for the sig

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 432 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: All-Star Western #8 (Researching the effects of Spoilers

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

According to an interview with Mike Marts, "Yes, it all takes place within Gotham. The one exception is the one issue which actually takes place in the past, which is All-Star Western. That chapter takes place in New Orleans." .. and ..
"we've hinted that their reach goes back into the history of Gotham City. So it's conceivable that they could have been around 100 years ago, during the time of Jonah Hex."

He also claims that since they are re-animated, some of the Talons we will see fighting the Bat-family may be from different time-periods.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand