Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #670 (Hole for your moustache Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #670 (Hole for your moustache Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 am

Spider-Island (or should that be #SpiderIsland) continues to be really good fun. It’s not quite as good as Schism, but it’s still damn solid event comics. I think what makes this storyline work is that there’s a lot going on, so the scale is large, but Slott never loses track of the story, so it doesn’t get confusing. I appreciated Slott filling us in on the back-story of ‘The Queen’ because I never read Paul Jenkins’ Spectacular run, so the character is new to me, and it was really cool how the colouring was different for the flashback scenes. I also liked how Slott took time out to showcase some of the tie-ins, so we saw what Venom was up to, what the X-Men are doing and Heroes For Hire too. The stuff with Jonah was funny at first and then got dark as hell, can’t wait to see how that ends up. And MJ finally got powers! I wonder what made her different, I’m guessing she got hers differently from everyone else, maybe due to living with Peter for so long?

Advertisement

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #670 (Hole for your moustache Spoiler

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Punchy wrote:Spider-Island (or should that be #SpiderIsland) continues to be really good fun. It’s not quite as good as Schism, but it’s still damn solid event comics. I think what makes this storyline work is that there’s a lot going on, so the scale is large, but Slott never loses track of the story, so it doesn’t get confusing. I appreciated Slott filling us in on the back-story of ‘The Queen’ because I never read Paul Jenkins’ Spectacular run, so the character is new to me, and it was really cool how the colouring was different for the flashback scenes. I also liked how Slott took time out to showcase some of the tie-ins, so we saw what Venom was up to, what the X-Men are doing and Heroes For Hire too. The stuff with Jonah was funny at first and then got dark as hell, can’t wait to see how that ends up. And MJ finally got powers! I wonder what made her different, I’m guessing she got hers differently from everyone else, maybe due to living with Peter for so long?

I had been enjoying Spider Island till this issue. The revelation about Steve Rogers sucked, especially since it seemed to happen in a tie-in I didn't read. Very disappointing issue.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 am

I was enjoying everything till this issue. The way so many key things happened in tie-ins almost lost me.

Venom
Hobgoblin
Spider-Woman
Alicia Masters

etc.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 198 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:48 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I was enjoying everything till this issue. The way so many key things happened in tie-ins almost lost me.

Venom
Hobgoblin
Spider-Woman
Alicia Masters

etc.

Really the only thing you missed was Phil getting his ass handed to him by Randy sending him way below Macendale level of horrible Hobgoblins. Phil is actually challenging Secret War Hobby for worst Hobby of them all. There I saved you $4. :P The only true tie-in you needed was Venom, which is the only one that's been of true importance. Eddie vs. Flash was awesome. A pity it seems we'll never see Anti-Venom vs. Carnage since this series is building up to Eddie losing his Anti-Venom powers.

I'm astonished Slott gave so much back history to the Queen and kept all that shit from that Jenkins story-line around. I'm really surprised it wasn't the Other aka Ms. Arrow who was the mastermind behind this. But meh maybe a double or triple cross will happen with the Jackal or Kaine.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 am

Zechs wrote:
Really the only thing you missed was Phil getting his ass handed to him by Randy sending him way below Macendale level of horrible Hobgoblins. Phil is actually challenging Secret War Hobby for worst Hobby of them all. There I saved you $4. :P The only true tie-in you needed was Venom, which is the only one that's been of true importance. Eddie vs. Flash was awesome. A pity it seems we'll never see Anti-Venom vs. Carnage since this series is building up to Eddie losing his Anti-Venom powers.

I'm astonished Slott gave so much back history to the Queen and kept all that shit from that Jenkins story-line around. I'm really surprised it wasn't the Other aka Ms. Arrow who was the mastermind behind this. But meh maybe a double or triple cross will happen with the Jackal or Kaine.

I got the Hobgoblin/Jackal book. Good stuff...but I'd have liked it in the main title.

As for Anti-Venom...I hope Bendis drafting him into the Revengers and him being in the Edge of Time game means there'll be more of him in the future.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 198 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:08 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
I got the Hobgoblin/Jackal book. Good stuff...but I'd have liked it in the main title.

As for Anti-Venom...I hope Bendis drafting him into the Revengers and him being in the Edge of Time game means there'll be more of him in the future.

It was meh and the second to worst batch of tie-ins (the first being Spider-Girl. Yuck.) I dunno, the author of Venom said Eddie is joining Venom after Spider-Island and said Eddie Brock not Anti-Venom. So.. it almost sounds as if Eddie makes the ultimate sacrifice in losing his Anti-Venom powers to cure some people.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand