Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Amazing Spider-Man #675 (Ol' ... Old Guy Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Rockman wrote:Since when is sex a definition of a Mary Sue?

A mary sue is a character he is too good at everything, usually at the expense of other characters.

*cough* Red Hulk under Loeb *cough*

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 pm

spidertour02 wrote:I really can't stand Mary Sue -- er, Carlie Cooper, so this issue was annoying as fuck. Thank goodness they kept this crap to two issues.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to hate ASM right now :lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Rockman wrote:Since when is sex a definition of a Mary Sue?

A mary sue is a character he is too good at everything, usually at the expense of other characters.

A male version is called something different, like a Gary Stu or something dumb.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm

sdsichero wrote:A complaint from spidertour02? I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

sdsichero acting like a dickhead? I'M SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

fieldy snuts wrote:You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to hate ASM right now :lol:

Juh? I think the book has improved since Slott took over. I just don't think it's nearly as good as we were getting only a few years ago when JMS was really cookin' with gas. :smt102

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:34 pm

JMS is as burned out as Loeb right now.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:JMS is as burned out as Loeb right now.

I don't disagree with that. In fact, his ASM run went to shit about halfway through -- but at least we still got a few great stories out of him first! :)

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

spidertour02 wrote:
I don't disagree with that. In fact, his ASM run went to shit about halfway through -- but at least we still got a few great stories out of him first! :)

And then the totem garbage happened.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
And then the totem garbage happened.

In his first arc...

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 am

Zero wrote:
In his first arc...