Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #678 (Explo-Skeleton Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #678 (Explo-Skeleton Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 am

Even though the stakes in this issue were very high, as in the whole of New York City, this still felt like a rather quiet issue of ASM, but as we all pause for breath after Spider-Island and before The Ends Of The Earth, I guess smaller stories like this are needed. It was cool how this story really grew out of Peter’s job at Horizon Labs, you could never have told this story with Pete working at The Bugle or as a teacher, it’s great that Slott is really utilising Peter’s new status quo and taking the character forward. I also liked that we got to know more about some of the supporting cast Horizon, because before now they were kind of ciphers, we mostly learnt about Grady here, but even little stuff like finding out Max Modell is gay helps in building the world. I always like the Flag-Smasher as a lame villain, so it was great that he’s seemingly the one behind the catastrophe, and how great was that joke about FAÇADE? Classic.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand