Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #684 (Pink Hippo Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #684 (Pink Hippo Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Chapter 3 of ‘Ends Of The Earth’, and this story continues to be a lot of fun and a great culmination of a lot of elements of the last few years of Spider-Man stories. Not only in terms of Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock for the last time, but also in it’s use of the Sinister Six, where Slott is revisiting a lot of stuff that was established in the Gauntlet storylines. Here, the Sandman takes centre-stage as Spider-Man, alongside Black Widow and Silver Sable attempt to take him down whilst he’s controlling THE ENTIRE SAHARA DESERT. It’s great how Slott has taken all of these villains to the next level, a global level, and how they are Big Time as well, it’s not just Spider-Man. I’m still confused about Octopus’ ultimate goal, is he really trying to save the world? I’m guessing there’s a lot more twists on that one to come. I also liked how Slott managed to keep the levels of humour up, like the joke about invisible planes at Wonder Woman’s expense. In fact, my only complaint here is that Humberto Ramos’ depiction of the Spider-Armour costume wasn’t as good as Caselli’s, but even then, the rest of the art looked great.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #684 (Pink Hippo Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

I really enjoyed this issue. My only major complaint is the fact that Spidey is still in the Spider-Armor but its not like he really had a chance to change back. Although, fighting Sandman while being in control of the Sahara Desert probably should have lasted a little longer and been a little more dangerous but Amazing Spider-Man continues to be a surprisingly fun comic. I am glad that I started picking this title up again during Spider-Island.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand