Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #686 (Elevator Pitch Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #686 (Elevator Pitch Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:34 pm

More twists and turns from what might very well be the twistiest and turniest Spider-Man story ever. It was very clever how Slott took the shocking ending from #685, revealed it was a fake, but managed not to cheapen it by making the scale of the deception a key factor in Mysterio’s betrayal of Doctor Octopus, really emphasising the ego that ol’Fishbowl has. It was kind of surprising how stupid Doc Ock was when he gave away the ruse, just barging in out, but then, like Mysterio here, his high opinion of himself has often been his undoing. This issue certainly sets up for a very exciting finale to this story, Spider-Man must fight against the mind-controlled Avengers, with only Black Widow, Silver Sable and Mysterio alongside him, epic. The last page where Spider-Man realised that Doc Ock had been copying him to develop his new tech was a shocker, but what does this revelation entail? Has Otto just been stealing from Horizon Labs? Or does he have a mole?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 861 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #686 (Elevator Pitch Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Personally, my favorite moment was near the beginning of the issue where we are listening to Spider-Man's inner monologue and he explains that even if it were hell on Earth he would never, ever give up. Dan Slott took my biggest issue with how Spider-Man was portrayed in Fear Itself and completely threw it out the window.

I have absolutely been loving this book!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #686 (Elevator Pitch Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Fri May 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Punchy wrote:The last page where Spider-Man realised that Doc Ock had been copying him to develop his new tech was a shocker, but what does this revelation entail? Has Otto just been stealing from Horizon Labs? Or does he have a mole?

As I read that all I could see was...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand