Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #687

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 247 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #687

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:27 pm

sdsichero wrote:
No.

Your superior.

BAH! There is no greater mind than my own!

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 670 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Zechs wrote:
BAH! There is no greater mind than my own!

Too bad it's trapped in a body that keeps making you look like... well.. like Zechs.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 am

sdsichero wrote:
Too bad it's trapped in a body that keeps making you look like... well.. like Zechs.

I violently dislike you.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 670 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 am

Zechs wrote:
I violently dislike you.

:smt007

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 am

‘Ends Of The Earth’ comes to it’s conclusion, and it was pretty good in some ways, but not so good in others. My main problem was that the ending seemed rushed, especially in how Slott dealt with the death of Silver Sable (of course, we didn’t see a body, so she could always come back), we only had one page of aftermath, there probably should have been more. Hopefully next week’s issue of Avenging Spidey will give us that. It was a pretty good way for Sable to go out, and even more so for the Rhino, who’s become a truly scary villain since his wife was killed. I was surprised that Slott didn’t go ahead and kill Doctor Octopus too, this plot seemed like a great way to end his story, but it wasn’t to be, and it did continue the full-circle round to ‘Nobody dies’. That’s been a major theme of this ‘Big Time’ era of Spidey, and now that he’s failed, I’m very interested in what’s going to happen. I would probably have also liked a longer fight between Spider-Man and Doc Ock, considering the easy way in which the mind-controlled Avengers were eventually dealt with, that fight went on for too long. Overall this has been an excellent Spider-Man event story, it took him out of his element a bit, and really elevated him to another level of superhero story. He’s not just a street-level character anymore, he’s literally hit the big time, which I suppose is why this era is called that. Next up is a Lizard story, hmm, I wonder why he’s coming back, it couldn’t be because of a movie or anything like that could it?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Didn't Slott say either in my interview or at the Spidey panel at C2E2 that there was going to be a two part dying wish arc? Ten guesses who that will be then. Probably the final part of Slott's Ock arc.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 165 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Zechs wrote:Didn't Slott say either in my interview or at the Spidey panel at C2E2 that there was going to be a two part dying wish arc? Ten guesses who that will be then. Probably the final part of Slott's Ock arc.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39190

"Everything that happens at the end of "Ends of the Earth" -- the epilogue in "Avenging Spider-Man" #8, the Lizard story, Spider-Man's 50th Anniversary arc, the Hobgoblin epic -- will all have pieces that build to issue #700. Something truly mind-blowing is going to happen in #700. I've been working in comics for 20 years, and this is the tipping point.

Every now and then, someone says, "This will break the internet in half" or some other great piece of hyperbole. I can say this with a straight face -- and not an ounce of shame or showmanship -- this is the biggest damn thing I've ever done with any character in any story I've ever worked on."

You tell 'em, Slott! :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand