Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #689 (Fake, sparkly Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #689 (Fake, sparkly Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am

Before you ask, no, I haven’t seen the Amazing Spider-Man movie yet, I’m working on it. But until I do get off my ass and get to the cinema, this Lizard-centric story arc is a good substitute. The idea of the Lizard being trapped inside Curt Connors’ body is a very clever one, a neat reversal of the traditional Lizard concept, and it’s a lot of fun to see him hiding in plain sight and manipulating everyone. But having said that, it looks like there’s still a little bit of Curt left there somewhere, as evidenced by him seeing Billy instead of Uatu. It’s interesting how this story is using Morbius, he’s really being shown as sympathetic here, and I’m worried about Spider-Man going too far, he’s pissed off with him because of what the Lizard did (and also because of what Morbius did himself) and the cumulative effect of the last few months of stories is pushing Peter to the edge. I know Marvel would never have Spider-Man kill anyone, but the story is called ‘No Turning Back’. It was good to see Madame Web return too, especially since we got another teaser for what’s coming up. Who’s that old goateed dude in the mask? Is it Jay Jameson?

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 466 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #689 (Fake, sparkly Spoilers)

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I know Marvel would never have Spider-Man kill anyone

Slott did say he was going into hiding after #700
ImageImageImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand