Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #697

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 209 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Amazing Spider-Man #697

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm

To sum it up in one gif:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #697

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm

What happened?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Now for the spoilers:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
As shown in the preview Max and Pete are on the run from the Hobgoblins. They lock themselves in the vault that has a TON of Osborn hardware (Green Goblin outfits, goblin tech, and Iron Patriot armor). Plus some Spider-Man costumes that Norman was using for target practice. A hologram turns on and it's Norman telling them that well if their not him they're so screwed and a denotation system activates. Peter thinks quickly and calls for our first goblin surprise...

HARRY OSBORN!! Who's looking rather Heisenberg-like thus totally awesome. Harry gives Pete the code, "Stormm" and after losing the signal discards his cell and continues to play with his son.

Now with the bomb de-activated they have the Hobgoblins to worry about. So Pete and Max modify a goblin glider to make it look like a Spider. Pete then keeps swindling Max into that he'll stand-in for Spidey. Yeah um I'm really not buying and think Max knows by now. Even if they did the sweet Amazing #12 flashback.

The Hobgoblins plan their own ways with Phil saying if the pair don't come out they'll blow up Norah Winters. Kingsley is slightly amused by this fact. That's when things go from bad to worse when the Spider-Jammer is reactvated and Pete is smacked with the biggest of head aches again. That's when he uses Shang-Chi's training and mediates to block it out. SWEET. With that bit of business out of the way.. it's a Spidey vs. Hobgoblins throw down.

VERY amusing moment with Pete quipping on who's under the original garb and the moment he notices the "cheek bones" he welcomes Roddy back. :lol: Roddy returns the favor by finger blasting then pumpkin bombing Pete with Phil in the cross fire. Pete starts attacking Roddy who then activates the goblin drone which then attacks Norah though.. MAX in for the save. That's when Pete blows up the weapons debot with the goblins reeling and my favorite moment I've been waiting for arrives.

Phil suggests to Kingsley the truce be back on to which Kingsley quips, "NAH!" And finger blasts the poor fool in the face. Kingsley then pulls Phil and takes him into a swan dive making Spidey believe the two goblins are down for the count. If only he knew as Roddy props Phil up near a dock pillar and begins to squeeze the life out of him. But guess what? Roddy was actually impressed with the cold hearted move on Norah so he spares Phil, but it comes at a price. Namely.. Roddy now gets a huge cut of Phil's paycheck from Kingpin and is now a double agent. WOOT!!!!

Oh yeah next we find out that Ockbot makes it's way to whereever it's going, while Max fires Stone who's now on the run from Kingpin. Then the first goblin twist.. Norman Osborn has awakened from his coma and is free!!!! Does this mean an Ock and Norman team-up?! I believe it might!

The second goblin twist comes at the end with Kingsley returning to Paris in the life of luxury. That's right he's wisely spent his time amassing a huge criminal enterprise by creating supervillains in various corners of the world (Devil Spider being one and several others). Kingsley next decides to expand his company into Russia next with his next supervillain creation.. the Unicorn.

So let's sum up this arc. Kingsley returns with an unholy vengeance further cementing why he's the greatest magnificent bastard of all super villainy. Phil now is still Hobgoblin but is now Kingsley's double agent and is getting all his funds extorted by him.

Pete and Max displayed various degress of bad assery. Norman is free and Harry is Heisenberg. After a great beginning and muddled middle this ended on such a high note.

Best small arc of Big Time EVER. I still prefer Spider-Island as the best event story and Slott's New Ways to Die more as his best overall Spidey tale, but this was quite a fun ride.

WELCOME BACK GOBLINS OLD!! :twisted:

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Zechs wrote:Now for the spoilers:

As shown in the preview Max and Pete are on the run from the Hobgoblins. They lock themselves in the vault that has a TON of Osborn hardware (Green Goblin outfits, goblin tech, and Iron Patriot armor). Plus some Spider-Man costumes that Norman was using for target practice. A hologram turns on and it's Norman telling them that well if their not him they're so screwed and a denotation system activates. Peter thinks quickly and calls for our first goblin surprise...

HARRY OSBORN!! Who's looking rather Heisenberg-like thus totally awesome. Harry gives Pete the code, "Stormm" and after losing the signal discards his cell and continues to play with his son.

Now with the bomb de-activated they have the Hobgoblins to worry about. So Pete and Max modify a goblin glider to make it look like a Spider. Pete then keeps swindling Max into that he'll stand-in for Spidey. Yeah um I'm really not buying and think Max knows by now. Even if they did the sweet Amazing #12 flashback.

The Hobgoblins plan their own ways with Phil saying if the pair don't come out they'll blow up Norah Winters. Kingsley is slightly amused by this fact. That's when things go from bad to worse when the Spider-Jammer is reactvated and Pete is smacked with the biggest of head aches again. That's when he uses Shang-Chi's training and mediates to block it out. SWEET. With that bit of business out of the way.. it's a Spidey vs. Hobgoblins throw down.

VERY amusing moment with Pete quipping on who's under the original garb and the moment he notices the "cheek bones" he welcomes Roddy back. :lol: Roddy returns the favor by finger blasting then pumpkin bombing Pete with Phil in the cross fire. Pete starts attacking Roddy who then activates the goblin drone which then attacks Norah though.. MAX in for the save. That's when Pete blows up the weapons debot with the goblins reeling and my favorite moment I've been waiting for arrives.

Phil suggests to Kingsley the truce be back on to which Kingsley quips, "NAH!" And finger blasts the poor fool in the face. Kingsley then pulls Phil and takes him into a swan dive making Spidey believe the two goblins are down for the count. If only he knew as Roddy props Phil up near a dock pillar and begins to squeeze the life out of him. But guess what? Roddy was actually impressed with the cold hearted move on Norah so he spares Phil, but it comes at a price. Namely.. Roddy now gets a huge cut of Phil's paycheck from Kingpin and is now a double agent. WOOT!!!!

Oh yeah next we find out that Ockbot makes it's way to whereever it's going, while Max fires Stone who's now on the run from Kingpin. Then the first goblin twist.. Norman Osborn has awakened from his coma and is free!!!! Does this mean an Ock and Norman team-up?! I believe it might!

The second goblin twist comes at the end with Kingsley returning to Paris in the life of luxury. That's right he's wisely spent his time amassing a huge criminal enterprise by creating supervillains in various corners of the world (Devil Spider being one and several others). Kingsley next decides to expand his company into Russia next with his next supervillain creation.. the Unicorn.

So let's sum up this arc. Kingsley returns with an unholy vengeance further cementing why he's the greatest magnificent bastard of all super villainy. Phil now is still Hobgoblin but is now Kingsley's double agent and is getting all his funds extorted by him.

Pete and Max displayed various degress of bad assery. Norman is free and Harry is Heisenberg. After a great beginning and muddled middle this ended on such a high note.

Best small arc of Big Time EVER. I still prefer Spider-Island as the best event story and Slott's New Ways to Die more as his best overall Spidey tale, but this was quite a fun ride.

WELCOME BACK GOBLINS OLD!! :twisted:

Awesome. I wish they had this issue where I am currently staying as I would buy it instantly. [blackout]The only gripes is that Phil is still the Hobgoblin which is played out now and that Norman is back so soon again. However, it is good that Phil moved beyond the Norah thing which was always been such a dumb motivation.[/blackout]

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 352 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I didn't get it all, but it was a pretty good issue and your precious hobgoblin gets to live another day.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm

draco x wrote:
Awesome. I wish they had this issue where I am currently staying as I would buy it instantly. [blackout]The only gripes is that Phil is still the Hobgoblin which is played out now and that Norman is back so soon again. However, it is good that Phil moved beyond the Norah thing which was always been such a dumb motivation.[/blackout]

The Norman twist came out of nowhere, but meh if it's another Goblin story now with the Green Goblin sign me up! Kingsley again exiting out of the story even more a magnificent bastard than before was awesome. Almost makes me wonder what his true plans are for New York.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I didn't get it all, but it was a pretty good issue and your precious hobgoblin gets to live another day.

If only Dragavon was here to make this all the more sweeter a victory!!!

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Zechs wrote:
If only Dragavon was here to make this all the more sweeter a victory!!!

:lol:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

GOSD wrote:
:lol:

THAT'S RIGHT! WHERE ARE YOU DRAGAVON!! IS THAT WHY YOU'RE NOT POSTING?! YOU FEAR THE HOBGOBLIN GOODNESS?! COME ON DRAGAVON!!!

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 528 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Emailing Dan Slott now...
Image Image Image ImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:Emailing Dan Slott now...

I already said I'm sorry how many times to the man. How many more must I? Besides he's probably sharpening his teeth for one last assault against me. I know it.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm

I think Zechs' summary was longer than the comic itself. :)

Fun comic, though. I wouldn't mind seeing a mini about Kingsley's "franchises." Really, though, I think this arc could have been done in two issues. I'm super-excited to see the Doc Ock wrap-up soon. Slott's done a great job of building this up. I think he's almost on par with 70s/80s Claremont for teasing a story over the course of a couple months.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 528 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Zechs wrote:
I already said I'm sorry how many times to the man. How many more must I? Besides he's probably sharpening his teeth for one last assault against me. I know it.

It's going to be a huge kiss. With tongue.

And yes.... you are sorry.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Zechs wrote:To sum it up in one gif:

Had to share this for some reason...

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 pm

[dang]So Norman's back?[/dang]
Hmmmm...Now The title "Superior" Spider-Man makes sense. :twisted:

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand