Friday, July 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #697

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm

To sum it up in one gif:

Image
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm

What happened?
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Now for the spoilers:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
As shown in the preview Max and Pete are on the run from the Hobgoblins. They lock themselves in the vault that has a TON of Osborn hardware (Green Goblin outfits, goblin tech, and Iron Patriot armor). Plus some Spider-Man costumes that Norman was using for target practice. A hologram turns on and it's Norman telling them that well if their not him they're so screwed and a denotation system activates. Peter thinks quickly and calls for our first goblin surprise...

HARRY OSBORN!! Who's looking rather Heisenberg-like thus totally awesome. Harry gives Pete the code, "Stormm" and after losing the signal discards his cell and continues to play with his son.

Now with the bomb de-activated they have the Hobgoblins to worry about. So Pete and Max modify a goblin glider to make it look like a Spider. Pete then keeps swindling Max into that he'll stand-in for Spidey. Yeah um I'm really not buying and think Max knows by now. Even if they did the sweet Amazing #12 flashback.

The Hobgoblins plan their own ways with Phil saying if the pair don't come out they'll blow up Norah Winters. Kingsley is slightly amused by this fact. That's when things go from bad to worse when the Spider-Jammer is reactvated and Pete is smacked with the biggest of head aches again. That's when he uses Shang-Chi's training and mediates to block it out. SWEET. With that bit of business out of the way.. it's a Spidey vs. Hobgoblins throw down.

VERY amusing moment with Pete quipping on who's under the original garb and the moment he notices the "cheek bones" he welcomes Roddy back. :lol: Roddy returns the favor by finger blasting then pumpkin bombing Pete with Phil in the cross fire. Pete starts attacking Roddy who then activates the goblin drone which then attacks Norah though.. MAX in for the save. That's when Pete blows up the weapons debot with the goblins reeling and my favorite moment I've been waiting for arrives.

Phil suggests to Kingsley the truce be back on to which Kingsley quips, "NAH!" And finger blasts the poor fool in the face. Kingsley then pulls Phil and takes him into a swan dive making Spidey believe the two goblins are down for the count. If only he knew as Roddy props Phil up near a dock pillar and begins to squeeze the life out of him. But guess what? Roddy was actually impressed with the cold hearted move on Norah so he spares Phil, but it comes at a price. Namely.. Roddy now gets a huge cut of Phil's paycheck from Kingpin and is now a double agent. WOOT!!!!

Oh yeah next we find out that Ockbot makes it's way to whereever it's going, while Max fires Stone who's now on the run from Kingpin. Then the first goblin twist.. Norman Osborn has awakened from his coma and is free!!!! Does this mean an Ock and Norman team-up?! I believe it might!

The second goblin twist comes at the end with Kingsley returning to Paris in the life of luxury. That's right he's wisely spent his time amassing a huge criminal enterprise by creating supervillains in various corners of the world (Devil Spider being one and several others). Kingsley next decides to expand his company into Russia next with his next supervillain creation.. the Unicorn.

So let's sum up this arc. Kingsley returns with an unholy vengeance further cementing why he's the greatest magnificent bastard of all super villainy. Phil now is still Hobgoblin but is now Kingsley's double agent and is getting all his funds extorted by him.

Pete and Max displayed various degress of bad assery. Norman is free and Harry is Heisenberg. After a great beginning and muddled middle this ended on such a high note.

Best small arc of Big Time EVER. I still prefer Spider-Island as the best event story and Slott's New Ways to Die more as his best overall Spidey tale, but this was quite a fun ride.

WELCOME BACK GOBLINS OLD!! :twisted:
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Zechs wrote:Now for the spoilers:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
As shown in the preview Max and Pete are on the run from the Hobgoblins. They lock themselves in the vault that has a TON of Osborn hardware (Green Goblin outfits, goblin tech, and Iron Patriot armor). Plus some Spider-Man costumes that Norman was using for target practice. A hologram turns on and it's Norman telling them that well if their not him they're so screwed and a denotation system activates. Peter thinks quickly and calls for our first goblin surprise...

HARRY OSBORN!! Who's looking rather Heisenberg-like thus totally awesome. Harry gives Pete the code, "Stormm" and after losing the signal discards his cell and continues to play with his son.

Now with the bomb de-activated they have the Hobgoblins to worry about. So Pete and Max modify a goblin glider to make it look like a Spider. Pete then keeps swindling Max into that he'll stand-in for Spidey. Yeah um I'm really not buying and think Max knows by now. Even if they did the sweet Amazing #12 flashback.

The Hobgoblins plan their own ways with Phil saying if the pair don't come out they'll blow up Norah Winters. Kingsley is slightly amused by this fact. That's when things go from bad to worse when the Spider-Jammer is reactvated and Pete is smacked with the biggest of head aches again. That's when he uses Shang-Chi's training and mediates to block it out. SWEET. With that bit of business out of the way.. it's a Spidey vs. Hobgoblins throw down.

VERY amusing moment with Pete quipping on who's under the original garb and the moment he notices the "cheek bones" he welcomes Roddy back. :lol: Roddy returns the favor by finger blasting then pumpkin bombing Pete with Phil in the cross fire. Pete starts attacking Roddy who then activates the goblin drone which then attacks Norah though.. MAX in for the save. That's when Pete blows up the weapons debot with the goblins reeling and my favorite moment I've been waiting for arrives.

Phil suggests to Kingsley the truce be back on to which Kingsley quips, "NAH!" And finger blasts the poor fool in the face. Kingsley then pulls Phil and takes him into a swan dive making Spidey believe the two goblins are down for the count. If only he knew as Roddy props Phil up near a dock pillar and begins to squeeze the life out of him. But guess what? Roddy was actually impressed with the cold hearted move on Norah so he spares Phil, but it comes at a price. Namely.. Roddy now gets a huge cut of Phil's paycheck from Kingpin and is now a double agent. WOOT!!!!

Oh yeah next we find out that Ockbot makes it's way to whereever it's going, while Max fires Stone who's now on the run from Kingpin. Then the first goblin twist.. Norman Osborn has awakened from his coma and is free!!!! Does this mean an Ock and Norman team-up?! I believe it might!

The second goblin twist comes at the end with Kingsley returning to Paris in the life of luxury. That's right he's wisely spent his time amassing a huge criminal enterprise by creating supervillains in various corners of the world (Devil Spider being one and several others). Kingsley next decides to expand his company into Russia next with his next supervillain creation.. the Unicorn.

So let's sum up this arc. Kingsley returns with an unholy vengeance further cementing why he's the greatest magnificent bastard of all super villainy. Phil now is still Hobgoblin but is now Kingsley's double agent and is getting all his funds extorted by him.

Pete and Max displayed various degress of bad assery. Norman is free and Harry is Heisenberg. After a great beginning and muddled middle this ended on such a high note.

Best small arc of Big Time EVER. I still prefer Spider-Island as the best event story and Slott's New Ways to Die more as his best overall Spidey tale, but this was quite a fun ride.

WELCOME BACK GOBLINS OLD!! :twisted:


Awesome. I wish they had this issue where I am currently staying as I would buy it instantly. [blackout]The only gripes is that Phil is still the Hobgoblin which is played out now and that Norman is back so soon again. However, it is good that Phil moved beyond the Norah thing which was always been such a dumb motivation.[/blackout]
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I didn't get it all, but it was a pretty good issue and your precious hobgoblin gets to live another day.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm

draco x wrote:
Awesome. I wish they had this issue where I am currently staying as I would buy it instantly. [blackout]The only gripes is that Phil is still the Hobgoblin which is played out now and that Norman is back so soon again. However, it is good that Phil moved beyond the Norah thing which was always been such a dumb motivation.[/blackout]


The Norman twist came out of nowhere, but meh if it's another Goblin story now with the Green Goblin sign me up! Kingsley again exiting out of the story even more a magnificent bastard than before was awesome. Almost makes me wonder what his true plans are for New York.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I didn't get it all, but it was a pretty good issue and your precious hobgoblin gets to live another day.


If only Dragavon was here to make this all the more sweeter a victory!!!
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Zechs wrote:
If only Dragavon was here to make this all the more sweeter a victory!!!


:lol:
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

GOSD wrote:
:lol:


THAT'S RIGHT! WHERE ARE YOU DRAGAVON!! IS THAT WHY YOU'RE NOT POSTING?! YOU FEAR THE HOBGOBLIN GOODNESS?! COME ON DRAGAVON!!!
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Emailing Dan Slott now...
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:Emailing Dan Slott now...


I already said I'm sorry how many times to the man. How many more must I? Besides he's probably sharpening his teeth for one last assault against me. I know it.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm

I think Zechs' summary was longer than the comic itself. :)

Fun comic, though. I wouldn't mind seeing a mini about Kingsley's "franchises." Really, though, I think this arc could have been done in two issues. I'm super-excited to see the Doc Ock wrap-up soon. Slott's done a great job of building this up. I think he's almost on par with 70s/80s Claremont for teasing a story over the course of a couple months.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Zechs wrote:
I already said I'm sorry how many times to the man. How many more must I? Besides he's probably sharpening his teeth for one last assault against me. I know it.


It's going to be a huge kiss. With tongue.

And yes.... you are sorry.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Zechs wrote:To sum it up in one gif:

Image


Had to share this for some reason...

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
[dang]So Norman's back?[/dang]
Hmmmm...Now The title "Superior" Spider-Man makes sense. :twisted:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], holtom2000, Sully85, Zenith and 82 guests