Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #700 ending leaked along with...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 72 posts

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #700 ending leaked along with...

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I had no idea superior pages had leaked too :shock:

heads are gonna roll in the office.

Everyone check to see if Dennis Hopeless has an alibi. :twisted:

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

My LCS guy told me that Diamond was going to ship weeks 12/19 and 12/26 next week so they don't have to do anything during the holidays...so i figured where #700 came from.

But Superior is due about 3.5 weeks away. If those weren't preview pages from #700 then the mouse gestapo is going to make someone pay.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Eli Katz wrote:What's the leak?

The same leak that spoiled AvX and Amazing #698. They're a retailer who seems daunted to spoil Marvel books.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Man that leak was horrific to read. Someone needs to learn to write a little better.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

WOW!!!!! Will people actually buy any comic where Peter Parker is not Spiderman?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:WOW!!!!! Will people actually buy any comic where Peter Parker is not Spiderman?

well...technically he still is as the implication is that he gave Ock a full dump of his memories so he's now an amalgamation of the two which is why he agreed to do right by his life.

though it's still pretty far out there =/

hope that just like event books this rebounds into a more self contained story free from other baggage.

Bert Macklin FBI
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Bert Macklin FBI » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Actually this is kinda of interesting. You have Spider-Man now with the memories of both Doc Ock and Peter Parker., if Spider-Man uses the knowledge that both Octavius and Peter both have he would technically be the "Superior" Spider-Man.I mean he would know almost everything about any villains that he has previously worked with as Doc Ock, so that is a huge advantage to him and the Avengers or any other heroes he teams with. The flip side to this is Doc Ock with Peter's memories also knows almost everything about the Avengers and any other heroes that he has ever worked with as well.

So as I see it this has the potential to be a masterpiece of epic proportions or a beautiful disaster, either way it sounds like it is going to be very interesting to read either way.

Also those preview pages looked amazing!! or should I say SUPERIOR!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm

No worries, kids. Everything in the MU will be reset when either the "Age of Ultron" or the 5 Original X-Teens corrupt the time-stream.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Actually this is kinda of interesting. You have Spider-Man now with the memories of both Doc Ock and Peter Parker., if Spider-Man uses the knowledge that both Octavius and Peter both have he would technically be the "Superior" Spider-Man.I mean he would know almost everything about any villains that he has previously worked with as Doc Ock, so that is a huge advantage to him and the Avengers or any other heroes he teams with. The flip side to this is Doc Ock with Peter's memories also knows almost everything about the Avengers and any other heroes that he has ever worked with as well.

So as I see it this has the potential to be a masterpiece of epic proportions or a beautiful disaster, either way it sounds like it is going to be very interesting to read either way.

Also those preview pages looked amazing!! or should I say SUPERIOR!

that's how i feel, the status quo looks very interesting but how they went there seems a (fair bit) stupid. Gotta admit though I loved the page of Superior Spidey punching off the Scorpion's jaw because he didn't know his own strength. Put Ock into perspective that Parker was actually holding back against him despite causing his brain death in the first place..

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:No worries, kids. Everything in the MU will be reset when either the "Age of Ultron" or the 5 Original X-Teens corrupt the time-stream.

You forgot Bendis's Kang War & Badoon stories, Remenders Apocalypse story and Hickman's New Universal thing etc.

Or it'll most likely be a new self contained thing as each book seems to be working on now in favor of continuity punches fracturing into other books.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm

"It's always disappointing when someone decides to spoil a big story by posting it on the torrents," Alonso told CBR. "Piracy affects fans, creators and retailers who look forward to a big comic book to put some cash in their registers -- which 'Amazing Spider-Man #700' definitely will do. The fact that physical copies of the issue exist, but are accessible to a select few, is, of course, alarming."

When asked if Marvel would be taking any measures to further investigate the leak, Alonso said, "Yes, Marvel is investigating this matter."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42692

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Jesus, how the fuck do any of you people think this looks good at ALL? The dialogue is bad, Ramos sucks donkey, and Jesus Christ...it's Dan Slott re-writing a Spidey version of the AzBats era of Batman...which people hated. Ugh, this looks awful.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 328 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

Zechs wrote:
The same leak that spoiled AvX and Amazing #698. They're a retailer who seems daunted to spoil Marvel books.

i don't think this is a store leaking it, as Amazing 700 wasn't gonna be shipped until tuesday (for sale the following week) this is likely someone either at the printers or at diamond taking a copy off the production/distribution line and taking a picture.. at least that's what both CBR and Bleeding Cool seem to imply.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 am

This is the stupidest sounding bullshit I've ever seen.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 am

Yes, I'm sure Marvel is hard at work trying to track down the culprit of these leaks. Like OJ trying to catch the real killer for the better part of a decade!

Get real folks. This shit is painfully orchestrated. All press is good press, and look at how many people have been talking about this already.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand