Friday, August 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #700 ending leaked along with...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I had no idea superior pages had leaked too :shock:

heads are gonna roll in the office.


Everyone check to see if Dennis Hopeless has an alibi. :twisted:
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

My LCS guy told me that Diamond was going to ship weeks 12/19 and 12/26 next week so they don't have to do anything during the holidays...so i figured where #700 came from.

But Superior is due about 3.5 weeks away. If those weren't preview pages from #700 then the mouse gestapo is going to make someone pay.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Eli Katz wrote:What's the leak?


The same leak that spoiled AvX and Amazing #698. They're a retailer who seems daunted to spoil Marvel books.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Man that leak was horrific to read. Someone needs to learn to write a little better.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

WOW!!!!! Will people actually buy any comic where Peter Parker is not Spiderman?
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:WOW!!!!! Will people actually buy any comic where Peter Parker is not Spiderman?


well...technically he still is as the implication is that he gave Ock a full dump of his memories so he's now an amalgamation of the two which is why he agreed to do right by his life.

though it's still pretty far out there =/

hope that just like event books this rebounds into a more self contained story free from other baggage.
User avatar

Grayson_Wayne_72

Rain Partier

Postby Grayson_Wayne_72 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Actually this is kinda of interesting. You have Spider-Man now with the memories of both Doc Ock and Peter Parker., if Spider-Man uses the knowledge that both Octavius and Peter both have he would technically be the "Superior" Spider-Man.I mean he would know almost everything about any villains that he has previously worked with as Doc Ock, so that is a huge advantage to him and the Avengers or any other heroes he teams with. The flip side to this is Doc Ock with Peter's memories also knows almost everything about the Avengers and any other heroes that he has ever worked with as well.

So as I see it this has the potential to be a masterpiece of epic proportions or a beautiful disaster, either way it sounds like it is going to be very interesting to read either way.

Also those preview pages looked amazing!! or should I say SUPERIOR!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm

No worries, kids. Everything in the MU will be reset when either the "Age of Ultron" or the 5 Original X-Teens corrupt the time-stream.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Actually this is kinda of interesting. You have Spider-Man now with the memories of both Doc Ock and Peter Parker., if Spider-Man uses the knowledge that both Octavius and Peter both have he would technically be the "Superior" Spider-Man.I mean he would know almost everything about any villains that he has previously worked with as Doc Ock, so that is a huge advantage to him and the Avengers or any other heroes he teams with. The flip side to this is Doc Ock with Peter's memories also knows almost everything about the Avengers and any other heroes that he has ever worked with as well.

So as I see it this has the potential to be a masterpiece of epic proportions or a beautiful disaster, either way it sounds like it is going to be very interesting to read either way.

Also those preview pages looked amazing!! or should I say SUPERIOR!


that's how i feel, the status quo looks very interesting but how they went there seems a (fair bit) stupid. Gotta admit though I loved the page of Superior Spidey punching off the Scorpion's jaw because he didn't know his own strength. Put Ock into perspective that Parker was actually holding back against him despite causing his brain death in the first place..
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:No worries, kids. Everything in the MU will be reset when either the "Age of Ultron" or the 5 Original X-Teens corrupt the time-stream.


You forgot Bendis's Kang War & Badoon stories, Remenders Apocalypse story and Hickman's New Universal thing etc.

Or it'll most likely be a new self contained thing as each book seems to be working on now in favor of continuity punches fracturing into other books.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm

"It's always disappointing when someone decides to spoil a big story by posting it on the torrents," Alonso told CBR. "Piracy affects fans, creators and retailers who look forward to a big comic book to put some cash in their registers -- which 'Amazing Spider-Man #700' definitely will do. The fact that physical copies of the issue exist, but are accessible to a select few, is, of course, alarming."

When asked if Marvel would be taking any measures to further investigate the leak, Alonso said, "Yes, Marvel is investigating this matter."


http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42692
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Jesus, how the fuck do any of you people think this looks good at ALL? The dialogue is bad, Ramos sucks donkey, and Jesus Christ...it's Dan Slott re-writing a Spidey version of the AzBats era of Batman...which people hated. Ugh, this looks awful.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

Zechs wrote:
The same leak that spoiled AvX and Amazing #698. They're a retailer who seems daunted to spoil Marvel books.


i don't think this is a store leaking it, as Amazing 700 wasn't gonna be shipped until tuesday (for sale the following week) this is likely someone either at the printers or at diamond taking a copy off the production/distribution line and taking a picture.. at least that's what both CBR and Bleeding Cool seem to imply.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 am

This is the stupidest sounding bullshit I've ever seen.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 am

Yes, I'm sure Marvel is hard at work trying to track down the culprit of these leaks. Like OJ trying to catch the real killer for the better part of a decade!

Get real folks. This shit is painfully orchestrated. All press is good press, and look at how many people have been talking about this already.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSNbot Media and 41 guests

cron