Advertisement

Amazing SpiderMan #667 (Spoilery Transmitted Diseases)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Amazing SpiderMan #667 (Spoilery Transmitted Diseases)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Spider-Island kicks off for real now, and whilst I’m not as big a fan of Ramos as I am of Caselli, this was still a really good issue. I loved the way they played with perspective when Carlie revealed she had spider-powers, and the stuff about ‘spidery transmitted diseases’ was funny. The Jackal continues to be entertaining, and whilst it was contrived that the Avengers wouldn’t believe he was the real Spider-Man (The Thing knows he’s Peter!) it made for a very exciting ending. I’m also pleased as hell with the attention Shang-Chi is getting, the dude has always been awesome, and maybe he can get an ongoing out of this?

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 650 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Amazing SpiderMan #667 (Spoilery Transmitted Diseases)

Postby e_galston » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Punchy wrote:Spider-Island kicks off for real now, and whilst I’m not as big a fan of Ramos as I am of Caselli, this was still a really good issue. I loved the way they played with perspective when Carlie revealed she had spider-powers, and the stuff about ‘spidery transmitted diseases’ was funny. The Jackal continues to be entertaining, and whilst it was contrived that the Avengers wouldn’t believe he was the real Spider-Man (The Thing knows he’s Peter!) it made for a very exciting ending. I’m also pleased as hell with the attention Shang-Chi is getting, the dude has always been awesome, and maybe he can get an ongoing out of this?

well it kind of made sense for them to not know it was him, there were quite a few people dressed up in close to the same costume. and in the heat of battle and the chaos i could see it happening

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 372 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 pm

God that was an awesome issue. :-D
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 am

avengingtitan wrote:God that was an awesome issue. :-D
Are you fucking serious?

The entire issue was practically rubbing into our face that MJ and Peter went through OMD and came off as more of Slott's and Quesada's pretentious attempts to rile up the true Spidey fans. By supporting this book you support every satanic child murder in the world. I hope you're happy.

That said, Spider Island is off to a great start and I'm really interested in how much more insane Slott can make this concept. Particularly loved Jameson's diatribe about how the infestation proved he was right to allocate a third of the city's budget to his anti-spider unit :lol:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 372 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:03 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Are you fucking serious?

The entire issue was practically rubbing into our face that MJ and Peter went through OMD and came off as more of Slott's and Quesada's pretentious attempts to rile up the true Spidey fans. By supporting this book you support every satanic child murder in the world. I hope you're happy.

That said, Spider Island is off to a great start and I'm really interested in how much more insane Slott can make this concept. Particularly loved Jameson's diatribe about how the infestation proved he was right to allocate a third of the city's budget to his anti-spider unit :lol:

1) Yes I know. I hate OMD and its aftermath more then most.

2) Although watching Pete get his ass kicked by......well everyone was hilarious.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand