Advertisement

American Vampire #23 (Totally Unrelenting Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

American Vampire #23 (Totally Unrelenting Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 am

Another rollicking good issue of American Vampire, I actually think this 1950s setting may be my favourite time-period we’ve seen in the book so far. The bulk of the issue continues the drag race, and it’s a brilliant, exhilarating action set piece, wonderfully drawn by Albuquerque, who really does keep getting better and better. The race is interspersed with flashbacks, including some truly creepy scenes from Travis Kidd’s childhood where he’s admitted to an insane asylum for his continued insistence that Vampires killed his family. I wonder if Travis actually was lobotomised? The narration from him has been focussed on ‘the teenage brains’, so it would make sense that he himself didn’t have a complete brain. The revelation of Skinner Sweet at the end was interesting, he looked pretty damn dead at the end of ‘Ghost War’ so how did he survive? It is good to have him back though, he’s a fantastic character.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand