Advertisement

Animal Man #8 (I've got this Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Animal Man #8 (I've got this Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 am

Wow, this issue was all kinds of fucked up. Maxine tries to stop a bunch of evil Rot-Dogs, is killed, but survives through transferring her mind into a Fox and transforming the Fox-body into her body. Messed up, and no wonder Grandma got pissed. It’s really interesting how powerful Maxine is now, and worrying, a little girl shouldn’t really have that kind of power. Also cool in this issue was Buddy really cutting loose and ripping those dogs to bits, it was great to see what is usually a light-hearted character just snap and become a stone-cold bad-ass. Of course at the end he’s defeated by the Rot-monsters and it looks like he’s been turned himself. Uh-oh. I wonder when it is that the mooted crossover with Swamp Thing is going to happen, it feels like the events in both books are big enough to merit it, which makes me wonder how big the scale will be when the two books do finally meet? Huge!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Animal Man #8 (I've got this Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:30 pm

I agree about the stuff surrounding Maxine, that was just plain creepy. That final page was definitely an, "oh crap" moment.

I'm also really excited about the upcoming crossover. I can't wait to see the two main characters interact.

Thank you Troy for the sig

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Somebody please kill that annoying grandmother.

I love this book. Much like Swamp Thing it took a little for me to get into it but now I cant help but love it. Its just awesome. The art is amazing as well. Maxine is creepy as all hell and I love it.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 am

I was just saying the other day that what comic books don't have nearly enough of are light-hearted characters turned into stone-cold bad-asses.

:smt011
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 am

To be fair, though, Animal Man hasn't really been a light-hearted character since Morrison's run, and that was twenty years ago now.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 am

Benderbrau wrote:I was just saying the other day that what comic books don't have nearly enough of are light-hearted characters turned into stone-cold bad-asses.

:smt011

Co-signed.

The Zoo Crew and the Captains Marvel just aren't enough for some people... :roll:

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 am

Has his whole family been murdered by Grant Morrison yet? If not then it's still lighter and fluffier than it used to be.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand