Advertisement

Animal Man #4 (Hello. Mommy. Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Animal Man #4 (Hello. Mommy. Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 am

Maybe I’m making a mistake in reading this book and Swamp Thing back to back? They are both very good, but the history lesson we got in this issue about ‘The Rot’ was very similar to the one we got in this week’s Swamp Thing. I know they are very connected, and that connection was at it’s most explicit this issue with Alec Holland getting a name-check, but I do feel like they’re repeating themselves a bit. But enough of that, I’m sure there are some people who are only reading one of them, and they need that exposition. This was another strong issue, Travel Foreman’s art was brilliant once again, his style is just so weird, and as I’ve said before, nobody in comics draws a better amorphous blob of tissue. I like the introduction of Socks/Ignatius as an advisor for Maxine, every book could use a talking cat. Well, except maybe Scalped. Oh yeah, and was anyone else surprised when Maxine said she was 4? She looks way older than that! Some kind of reverse Franklin Richards-disease?

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Animal Man #4 (Hello. Mommy. Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm

I still think Foreman is the weakest part of this book.

Lemire has really gotten the shit end of the stick with the art on his books at DC.. the guy on Frankenstein is shitty too (although I did like him when he did Unknown Soldier :smt102 )

This is only slightly not as good as Swamp Thing. Both are excellent, though, and I love the interconnectedness.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Holy crap at that ending. :shock:

Thank you Troy for the sig

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm glad i chose to add both this and Swamp Thing to my reading list. I love the interconnectedness of the books.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1469 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Hmmmm...I love this book but if it is as interconnected with Swamp Thing as everyone says, then I may need to go back and pick up Swamp Thing.

Sromkie
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Sromkie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Sakie wrote:Hmmmm...I love this book but if it is as interconnected with Swamp Thing as everyone says, then I may need to go back and pick up Swamp Thing.

I would recommend it. Swamp Thing is a great read, and there are plenty of cross-over concepts with Animal Man. My understanding is that Lemire and Snyder are working pretty closely together on these books.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 am

Sromkie wrote:
I would recommend it. Swamp Thing is a great read, and there are plenty of cross-over concepts with Animal Man. My understanding is that Lemire and Snyder are working pretty closely together on these books.

if i remember correctly they are supposed to crossover eventually.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand