Advertisement

Animal Man #6 (Red Thunder Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Animal Man #6 (Red Thunder Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 am

Lemire takes a break from Buddy’s struggle against the Rot here and gives us a look at the movie that Buddy starred in. The movie is a pretty obvious homage to ‘The Wrestler’, the director is called ‘Ryan Daranovsky’ and it’s about a washed-up ex-superhero with a drinking problem and issues connecting with his kid. All it’s missing is a relationship with a stripper. But those similarities were a plus more than a minus for me, and it meant for a really unique issue. John Paul Leon’s art was perfect for the bleak tone of the ‘movie’ and made it all seem very ‘real’ compared to the out-there style of Foreman. I also liked how Lemire didn’t just do the issue for the sake of it, but it’s appearance was part of the main story, with Cliff watching it on his smart-phone. In the end we only get half of the movie, and I’d certainly welcome another issue which shows us the rest of it sometime in the near future. Oh, and of course, it was cool how Buddy’s character in ‘Tights’ was named after the creators who really re-defined him as ‘Chas Grant’.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Animal Man #6 (Red Thunder Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 am

The movie parts didn't work for me and I felt they distracted from the core story. I understand why it would have worked for others though.

This was a disappointing issue for me.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand