Advertisement

Annihilators: Earthfall #2 (Space Girlfriend Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Annihilators: Earthfall #2 (Space Girlfriend Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:03 pm

This issue was basically a massive clichéd slug-fest, the inevitable ‘heroes fight before they realise their mistakes and team up’ that happens in ever crossover, but it was still great, mainly because this is a fight we’ve been waiting to see for a long time, the cosmic heroes have been removed from what’s going on back on Earth for far too long, and it’s just really cool to see them finally go at it, stuff like this just hits our basest fanboy interests, we all pretend we want philosophical discussions in our cape comics, but really? Just give me Red Hulk Vs Beta-Ray Bill. Plus DnA just write it so well, the characterisation is spot on, and the dialogue is great, especially with Spider-Man, DnA really write Spidey well, I’d love to see them get to do a solo story with the web-head. Oh yeah, and baby Magus is awesome! The Rocket Raccoon/Groot story was fun as usual, I used to hate Mojo, but thanks to this book and Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine, I like him now.

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Annihilators: Earthfall #2 (Space Girlfriend Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:21 pm

a terrific all-fight issue marred and nearly ruined by the standard eyebleedingly awful art from Tan Eng Huat. my God have Marvel Cosmic fans been cheated on these 2 Annihilators minis...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 am

chap22 wrote:a terrific all-fight issue marred and nearly ruined by the standard eyebleedingly awful art from Tan Eng Huat. my God have Marvel Cosmic fans been cheated on these 2 Annihilators minis...

It wasnt so bad but yea his Thing was awful looking.............that came out wrong!
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:29 pm

chap22 wrote:a terrific all-fight issue marred and nearly ruined by the standard eyebleedingly awful art from Tan Eng Huat. my God have Marvel Cosmic fans been cheated on these 2 Annihilators minis...

The artwork wasn't enough to kill things for me. I thought the final page with the child Magus was really creepy.

Thank you Troy for the sig

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The artwork wasn't enough to kill things for me. I thought the final page with the child Magus was really creepy.

Agreed. For the most part the art was pretty damn good just that little bit at the beginning with The Thing was odd is all.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand