Tuesday, December 11, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Announces Another Imprint To Be Heavily-Delayed, Black Label

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 am

SporkBot wrote:
I figured it was just him getting older. I just remember seeing some images of him, maybe last year or so, and he didn't look particularly spry.

He's been battling cancer which put him in a wheelchair.
But he's been doing better since then though chemo has made his trademark fedoras a must.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:48 am

"Creator-driven initiative outside of the current DC Universe continuity". Unless the "Black Label" books are sold in a special package with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label as a promotional gift, this 'new' imprint could as well be called "All-Star" or "Earth-One".

It's always funny to see Jim Lee talking as some kind of DC's "elder statesman". I will never get used to the fact that he's DC's Publisher. He just doesn't fit into that profile. :roll:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am

chalwa wrote:Good for you, dick.

Meh.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:21 am

Spacedog wrote:It's always funny to see Jim Lee talking as some kind of DC's "elder statesman". I will never get used to the fact that he's DC's Publisher. He just doesn't fit into that profile.

A lot of people at DC don't fit the profiles of their positions. And he's hardly the only one in DC's higher echelon.

Tanuki

Snake On A Plane

Postby Tanuki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:34 am

Oh look, a new Frank Miller book for me to not buy

Tanuki

Snake On A Plane

Postby Tanuki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am

Draco x wrote:And then I forgot to mention Frank Miller. Most of us agree his glory days were well behind him many years ago.

To still others of us, he never had any

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:58 pm

HNutz wrote:

Yup.

The "Milk Wars" Young Animal/Justice League crossover started a little while back.

Just yesterday, I saw the Jetsons and Snagglepuss on the shelves. There's also Dastardly & Muttley, written by Garth Ennis, Future Quest Presents, etc.

I'm not sure about how integrated the WildStorm characters are in the DCU, but Warren Ellis is halfway through a 24 issue relaunch called "The Wild Storm".

EXACTLY.

That took you all of, what, 30 seconds to research? I love that Draco couldn't bother to do that before posting another one of his puzzling comments but he can find the time to spend hours spamming the Awesome Artwork thread with entire pages of his endless sword and sorcery crap. :lol:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:38 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That took you all of, what, 30 seconds to research? I love that Draco couldn't bother to do that before posting another one of his puzzling comments but he can find the time to spend hours spamming the Awesome Artwork thread with entire pages of his endless sword and sorcery crap. :lol:

Come on, that's not fair; everyone here's got their things. Well, except me, I'm perfect :-D . I have no stuff going on at all about Power Girl for example. Or The Shadow. Or Judge Dredd. Or JSA... :oops:

Point is, yeah, Draco posts a tiny bit of sword and sorcery pictures, and perhaps a bit more.... :P But is that so wrong? 8)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Nope, not wrong at all!

Now, the point is....wait, I lost my train of thought, there's something shiny here....what was my point exactly? :oops: :smt017

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 pm

achilles wrote:
Come on, that's not fair; everyone here's got their things. Well, except me, I'm perfect :-D . I have no stuff going on at all about Power Girl for example. Or The Shadow. Or Judge Dredd. Or JSA... :oops:

Point is, yeah, Draco posts a tiny bit of sword and sorcery pictures, and perhaps a bit more.... :P But is that so wrong? 8)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Nope, not wrong at all!

Now, the point is....wait, I lost my train of thought, there's something shiny here....what was my point exactly? :oops: :smt017

Yeah, I just saw IVCNB4's ranting and I don't take it seriously as what's he really going to do about what I post or not? I believe he just made some new comment that I didn't even read but I'm sure I will laugh about it when I post something else in that same thread he is complaining about.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:04 am

:lol: That wasn't a rant, pal. That was me trying to explain something to you which clearly is lost on that thick emotionally stunted skull of yours.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

It wasn't really even research.

It was just having my eyes open when I went to my comic shop on Wednesday. 8)

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 am

chap22 wrote:Meh.

Sounds like somebody had sex with a gawd damn whore on a pier but took their mask off instead of leaving it on. It's supposed to be more fun that way...or so I've been told. I don't know. Whore. :|

Stripedsquirrel

Inhouser

Postby Stripedsquirrel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 am

Oh god, that picture of Frank Miller is heartbreaking. While I may disagree with his opinions on just about every issue, I hope he has a close knit web of family and friends around him as if he's wheelchair bound at this stage, he's going to be in one hell of a fight and will need people there.

Tanuki

Snake On A Plane

Postby Tanuki » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:19 pm

It's Frank Miller, pretty sure he still has enough crazed fanboys willing to wash his sphincter with their tongues if he so demands it

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 pm

All new yet the costumes still suck.

leave a comment with facebook