Advertisement

DC Announces Two New Titles and 52 Variants for JLA

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: DC Announces Two New Titles and 52 Variants for JLA

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Seems to be a discrepancy. Some other articles today have said that "Katana" will be a mini-series, not an ongoing. :smt017
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Seems to be a discrepancy. Some other articles today have said that "Katana" will be a mini-series, not an ongoing. :smt017

I wouldn't be surprised. DC even realizes that the writer behind it will kill the concept in less than that many issues. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm

I will never say never about a comic anymore because, as I have said before, I literally laughed out loud at the concept of X-Force when Marvel brought it back with Wolverine, Archangel, X-23, etc.

Then, they got me again with Uncanny X-Force, with Fantomex and Psylocke, two more characters I never cared that much about and who I never thought could help pull off a book.

Plus, as was said before, people can't have it both ways, where they complain about there never being any diversity in a company's lineup, then two books with diverse characters are announced and it's like DC raped somebody's childhood.

Do I think the books will be good? Hell, I don't know. Sometimes books will take you by surprise. Matt Fraction's a really talented writer, but nobody thought Hawkeye would be that good.

I doubt that I'll try Vibe simply because I have little interest in the character. But I might give Katana a look, depending on the setting and how interesting the villains are.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/justice ... eries.html

Jeff Lemire on his GA run:

"Green Arrow is a character that always has the potential to be a major player in the DCU. When I took on Animal Man, I immediately saw it as a chance to do my version of the classic Vertigo horror/superhero books I loved as a teenager. And, similarly, the first thing I thought of with Green Arrow was a chance to do a really hard hitting, crime/superhero book in the tradition of Mike Grell’s classic run on the character or Denny O’Neil’s The Question comics from the late 80’s early 90’s. Quite simply, I wanted to make Green Arrow a hunter again. A street level hero of the gutters caught up in a world of violence, betrayal and conspiracy."

Sounds promising to me. I've been wanting to read a Green Arrow comic for a while, but the past few years (GA/BC, Cry for Justice, Krul, Nocenti) have pretty much prevented me from doing so. I'd like Ollie to be middle-aged again, but I can deal with a younger Green Arrow if it's Grell-influenced like Lemire discussed above.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/justice-league-america-katana-vibe-series.html

Jeff Lemire on his GA run:

Sounds promising to me. I've been wanting to read a Green Arrow comic for a while, but the past few years (GA/BC, Cry for Justice, Krul, Nocenti) have pretty much prevented me from doing so. I'd like Ollie to be middle-aged again, but I can deal with a younger Green Arrow if it's Grell-influenced like Lemire discussed above.

But we already had a younger Green Arrow in Connor Hawke though.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I will never say never about a comic anymore because, as I have said before, I literally laughed out loud at the concept of X-Force when Marvel brought it back with Wolverine, Archangel, X-23, etc.

Then, they got me again with Uncanny X-Force, with Fantomex and Psylocke, two more characters I never cared that much about and who I never thought could help pull off a book.

Seriously. People don't get how laughable a book about a Man who has to be near an Animal in order to use its powers once was, or how unappealing a book about some ugly, muck-encrusted Swamp... THING must have seemed at some time. :roll:

"Any character can shine", given good writing.
ANY character.

Plus, as was said before, people can't have it both ways, where they complain about there never being any diversity in a company's lineup, then two books with diverse characters are announced and it's like DC raped somebody's childhood.

Or complaining about characters they are familiar with and like being screwed up beyond all recognition, while applauding when the same thing is done to characters they aren't familiar with/don't like. :roll:
Last edited by Herald on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby UnionJack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Always liked Katana.......in the old DCU. Highly unimpressed with the character's use in DCNU & dropped BOP which I thought was a very poor series.

BATO, however (the original Barr/Aparo) is one of my all-time favourite series. Going by the current BOP though I won't be picking up Katana.

I will give Vibe a look though. I always liked the character & was one of the handful that thought the Detroit League was great. Certainly far better than the current iteration.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Herald wrote:
Seriously. People don't get how laughable a book about a Man who has to be near an Animal in order to use its powers once was, or how unappealing a book about some ugly, muck-encrusted Swamp... THING once seemed. :roll:

"Any character can shine", given good writing.
ANY character.

Or complaining about characters they are familiar with and like being screwed up beyond all recognition, while applauding when the same thing is done to characters they aren't familiar with/don't like. :roll:

Look. I defend you a lot because sometimes, people go looking for you for trouble. You'll make a post and people will come after you for no reason. I've seen it. It happens.

But I just made a rational post about two new series coming out. Nothing about the previous versions of the characters because this is a new continuity. I can't change that. The entire thing is new.

So there's no reason to be an asshole, Herald. No reason. You don't like what DC's done to those characters, Dan DiDio. We get it. I get it.

But there's nothing in my post for you to start getting pissy about. Let it go, OK? Not every post is something that you need to quote and do whatever it is you do.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Because if I could change it back to the old way, fire Dan DiDio and clean house at DC, I'd do it tomorrow. Hell, I'd do it today, if I could. But I can't.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Look. I defend you a lot because sometimes, people go looking for you for trouble. You'll make a post and people will come after you for no reason. I've seen it. It happens.

And I appreciate that.

But I just made a rational post about two new series coming out. Nothing about the previous versions of the characters because this is a new continuity. I can't change that. The entire thing is new.

So there's no reason to be an asshole, Herald. No reason.

Good thing I wasn't, then.

My response was NOT ONLY a tangent to yours, but a response to notions like in Jude's most recent post on this thread, which reads:

I like Katana in Birds of Prey. Never heard of her before that. I like that I never really payed attention to DC in the past, it allows me to not flip the fuck out when they change shit around for the Nu52.

Thus, in my response to your post, I was, in fact, killing two birds with one stone.
Now I don't have to respond to Jude in a separate post.
It saves time, space, and effort.

In the future, keep in mind that things aren't always as straightforward as they appear to be.
Especially when it comes to me. :wink:

But thank you for your concern.

You don't like what DC's done to those characters, Dan DiDio. We get it. I get it.

We get and I get that, for example, the DCU "died" last year. And yet, the statement that this happened appears at the end of every one of your posts, in your sig.

Everybody here has things that they state all the time.
ESPECIALLY when it appears in their sigs with every post.
We all "get that", too.

The bottom line remains that if everyone else gets to mention that stuff as often as they wish, so do I get to mention what I want to say as often as I wish. Think of it as MY sig. :wink:

But there's nothing in my post for you to start getting pissy about. Let it go, OK? Not every post is something that you need to quote and do whatever it is you do.

1. ...says the guy who mourns the real DCU in his sig with every single post...

2. As I just pointed out, neither is my previous post all about you, despite your notion otherwise.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

I love comic books. The Outhouse is a cool place to be. I like the posters here.
I love comic books. The Outhouse is a cool place to be. I like the posters here.

No more Internet slapfights. No more Internet slapfights. No more Internet slapfights.
No more Internet slapfights. No more Internet slapfights. No more Internet slapfights.

OK. All is well.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I love comic books. The Outhouse is a cool place to be. I like the posters here.

OK. All is well.

:lol:

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:43 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Because if I could change it back to the old way, fire Dan DiDio and clean house at DC, I'd do it tomorrow. Hell, I'd do it today, if I could. But I can't.

As much as getting rid of Didio would help matters, DC would find another person to fuck things up for them. Chances are Geoff Johns would take Didio's place and and there wouldn't be much difference in their policies.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1177 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Herald wrote:
And I appreciate that.

Good thing I wasn't, then.

My response was NOT ONLY a tangent to yours, but a response to notions like in Jude's most recent post on this thread, which reads:

Thus, in my response to your post, I was, in fact, killing two birds with one stone.
Now I don't have to respond to Jude in a separate post.
It saves time, space, and effort.

In the future, keep in mind that things aren't always as straightforward as they appear to be.
Especially when it comes to me. :wink:

We get and I get that, for example, the DCU "died" last year. And yet, the statement that this happened appears at the end of every one of your posts, in your sig.

Everybody here has things that they state all the time.
ESPECIALLY when it appears in their sigs with every post.
We all "get that", too.

The bottom line remains that if everyone else gets to mention that stuff as often as they wish, so do I get to mention what I want to say as often as I wish. Think of it as MY sig. :wink:

1. ...says the guy who mourns the real DCU in his sig with every single post...

2. As I just pointed out, neither is my previous post all about you, despite your notion otherwise.

I'm not sure whether I should be insulted by this. Advise.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:OK. All is well.

You already mentioned Dan and the Gang being in charge; therefore, all is NOT well. :P

Another thing you should remember: Don't recite mindless tautology, especially ones popularized by Dan and the Gang.

Oh, and "No more [fill-in-the-blank]!" only works if you're Scarlet Witch or Mommie Dearest. :wink:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand