Advertisement

Anybody Reading Joker's Asylum?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Anybody Reading Joker's Asylum?

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:33 am

I picked up the first ish, mostly because I loved the look of the art. Alex Sanchez has put together an amazing series of illustrations. Really amazing, in fact. I'm blown away by his work.

The story isn't bad, either. Brief, simple one-shot, with a fairly fun twist ending. Nothing mind blowing, but villain-focused stories are tough to pull off. This one works, although it once again makes TV and TV execs out to be the real bad guys. A hackneyed point. but oh well. The cute little disclaimer in the final panel made me chuckle. That little wink-wink at the end put all the moralizing in a delightful context.

I'll probably check out Asylum #2, mostly because Jason Aaron is writing it. Too bad Sanchez isn't drawing next ish.

Anybody else read this? What did ya think?

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 am

I picked it up and then set it back down. I had too many as it was.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:09 am

I picked it up and enjoyed it. I like a good Joker story and thought this one was nice. I also thought the art was pretty spot on for a story from the Joker's perspective. I'd expect a more refined approach for Penguin and the other styles to reflect the other characters. I'll certainly pick up the next one since Aaron is awesome, but I'll probably pick up the others as well.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 38 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:16 am

Only getting the Jason Aaron one(though I'll peek at the Juan Doe one).

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:30 pm

GLX wrote:Only getting the Jason Aaron one(though I'll peek at the Juan Doe one).

I was going to pre-order the Juan Doe one but I already had to much stuff. If I hear good things on the others I might check out the trade.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Yeah, I pre-ordered these with DCBS -- they were cheap and I'm a sucker for Batman villains.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand