Advertisement

Anyone foolish enough to be reading AVX #5 and Uncanny 13...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Anyone foolish enough to be reading AVX #5 and Uncanny 1

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

dairydead wrote:
Well I'm definetely not "retarded", but between him creating a militant mutant commune full of supervillains and declaring it a nation, and him trying to sacrifice the world to restart the mutant race, he at the very least has a dislike or even distrust of humans in general. I shouldn't have said "hate", but he would sacrifice any number of humans to get his way.

I don't recall him trying to sacrifice the world, the Avengers have come closer to that more often than the X-men in just the last few years.

Hab

Advertisement

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 174 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

my guess is that scott might die
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
The Inhuman Mutant Beyonder will make you forget that retcon existed when he returns in this mini.

Ugh. Fuck you too, Bendis.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

habitual wrote:
I don't recall him trying to sacrifice the world, the Avengers have come closer to that more often than the X-men in just the last few years.

Hab

Remember that giant bird-shaped fireball that was blowing up planets for no reason? He wanted it to come to earth based on a hunch.

I honestly don't care about the Avengers or X-Men as a whole, I'm just using the X-men's mutant "superiority " mindset as an example of why i think Scott is doing what he is doing

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm

habitual wrote:
I think since Captain America is trying to stop the mutant rebirth from Cyke's point of view that it's really not that outlandish of a claim.

If Cap was actually successful wouldn't the mutant race cease to exist in a few years?

Hab

It's absolutely an outlandish claim. Cap isn't trying to stop Phoenix so he can look at the X-Men and go "Nyah Nyah, you're about to be extinct!"...he's trying to stop it so it doesn't potentially destroy the whole world, mutants included.

they're both being obstinate, but I still think Cyke's also being crazy as well.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 pm

dairydead wrote:

Remember that giant bird-shaped fireball that was blowing up planets for no reason? He wanted it to come to earth based on a hunch.

I honestly don't care about the Avengers or X-Men as a whole, I'm just using the X-men's mutant "superiority " mindset as an example of why i think Scott is doing what he is doing

I also remember it fixing the M'kraan crystal and saving the entire universe.

They received several confirmations from the future that this is how the x-gene is reactivated. How is not logical to let that happen if it means your race has enough numbers to reproduce.

It really wouldn't make much sense for the Phoenix to fix the x-gene then destroy the planet would it?

Hab

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 852 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 pm

dairydead wrote:

Jthe Phoenix is just b-lining to Earth, that's all. The Earth destruction was never going to happen.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 pm

chap22 wrote:It's absolutely an outlandish claim. Cap isn't trying to stop Phoenix so he can look at the X-Men and go "Nyah Nyah, you're about to be extinct!"...he's trying to stop it so it doesn't potentially destroy the whole world, mutants included.

they're both being obstinate, but I still think Cyke's also being crazy as well.

His intentions are irrelevant if the result is extinction.

It's not like the X-men have less riding on this than anyone else. The Earth is where they keep all their stuff too.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

habitual wrote:
I also remember it fixing the M'kraan crystal and saving the entire universe.

They received several confirmations from the future that this is how the x-gene is reactivated. How is not logical to let that happen if it means your race has enough numbers to reproduce.

It really wouldn't make much sense for the Phoenix to fix the x-gene then destroy the planet would it?

Hab

I honestly don't know, but cable is far from infallible. Also, we have reports from the future that say that the Phoenix is bad news ( Bishop) and psychic reports from Quentin Quire that says " it only brings death". If you'd rather ignore everything else and listen to just cable, thats fine. but its not reasonable.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

habitual wrote:

It's not like the X-men have less riding on this than anyone else. The Earth is where they keep all their stuff too.

Hab

I realize he has just as much riding on it, but he is willing to bet it all on "restarting his race". He's taking the fate of the earth into his own hands, and he earth is not his to bet.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

and that is EXACTLY the point i think Scott was missing in all his "intentions". it didn't matter to him that the Phoenix is easily corruptible. it didn't matter that it's previously destroyed whole galaxies. it didn't matter that it was currently destroying civilized worlds ON ITS WAY to Earth. he is completely obstinate and completely IMO nucking futs to just completely disregard the idea that the "cure" the Phoenix brings may be, and probably is, worse than the disease he's facing now.

we now learn that Phoenix is the "patron saint" of mutation. OK, great...what if in its quest to champion mutation/mutants, Phoenix does intend to wipe out the rest of the population? what if homo superior isn't the end result of human evolution? what if it's just another rung on the ladder? does the Phoenix reignite the mutant gene only to later wipe all of them out when the next stage comes along? i cannot possibly fathom, based on what we know about this creature and its past history, that anything good it brings comes without a horrible cost...yet Scott simply ignores that fact, or simply doesn't care. either of those options is unacceptable to me, and it's why i side with Cap and the Avengers.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 852 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

BlueMole wrote:I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.

Which two? You have to narrow that down.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

BlueMole wrote:I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.

i never said they are more credible. I'm just saying that Cyclops is picking and choosing who he's listening to and, surprise, its his son who also tried to kill the avengers too.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 42 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Cable isn't crazy?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand