Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anyone foolish enough to be reading AVX #5 and Uncanny 13...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

dairydead wrote:
Well I'm definetely not "retarded", but between him creating a militant mutant commune full of supervillains and declaring it a nation, and him trying to sacrifice the world to restart the mutant race, he at the very least has a dislike or even distrust of humans in general. I shouldn't have said "hate", but he would sacrifice any number of humans to get his way.


I don't recall him trying to sacrifice the world, the Avengers have come closer to that more often than the X-men in just the last few years.

Hab
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

my guess is that scott might die
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
The Inhuman Mutant Beyonder will make you forget that retcon existed when he returns in this mini.

Ugh. Fuck you too, Bendis.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

habitual wrote:
I don't recall him trying to sacrifice the world, the Avengers have come closer to that more often than the X-men in just the last few years.

Hab



Remember that giant bird-shaped fireball that was blowing up planets for no reason? He wanted it to come to earth based on a hunch.

I honestly don't care about the Avengers or X-Men as a whole, I'm just using the X-men's mutant "superiority " mindset as an example of why i think Scott is doing what he is doing
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm

habitual wrote:
I think since Captain America is trying to stop the mutant rebirth from Cyke's point of view that it's really not that outlandish of a claim.

If Cap was actually successful wouldn't the mutant race cease to exist in a few years?

Hab

It's absolutely an outlandish claim. Cap isn't trying to stop Phoenix so he can look at the X-Men and go "Nyah Nyah, you're about to be extinct!"...he's trying to stop it so it doesn't potentially destroy the whole world, mutants included.

they're both being obstinate, but I still think Cyke's also being crazy as well.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 pm

dairydead wrote:

Remember that giant bird-shaped fireball that was blowing up planets for no reason? He wanted it to come to earth based on a hunch.

I honestly don't care about the Avengers or X-Men as a whole, I'm just using the X-men's mutant "superiority " mindset as an example of why i think Scott is doing what he is doing


I also remember it fixing the M'kraan crystal and saving the entire universe.

They received several confirmations from the future that this is how the x-gene is reactivated. How is not logical to let that happen if it means your race has enough numbers to reproduce.

It really wouldn't make much sense for the Phoenix to fix the x-gene then destroy the planet would it?

Hab
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 pm

dairydead wrote:

Remember that giant bird-shaped fireball that was blowing up planets for no reason? He wanted it to come to earth based on a hunch.

I honestly don't care about the Avengers or X-Men as a whole, I'm just using the X-men's mutant "superiority " mindset as an example of why i think Scott is doing what he is doing


Jthe Phoenix is just b-lining to Earth, that's all. The Earth destruction was never going to happen.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 pm

chap22 wrote:It's absolutely an outlandish claim. Cap isn't trying to stop Phoenix so he can look at the X-Men and go "Nyah Nyah, you're about to be extinct!"...he's trying to stop it so it doesn't potentially destroy the whole world, mutants included.

they're both being obstinate, but I still think Cyke's also being crazy as well.


His intentions are irrelevant if the result is extinction.

It's not like the X-men have less riding on this than anyone else. The Earth is where they keep all their stuff too.

Hab
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

habitual wrote:
I also remember it fixing the M'kraan crystal and saving the entire universe.

They received several confirmations from the future that this is how the x-gene is reactivated. How is not logical to let that happen if it means your race has enough numbers to reproduce.

It really wouldn't make much sense for the Phoenix to fix the x-gene then destroy the planet would it?

Hab


I honestly don't know, but cable is far from infallible. Also, we have reports from the future that say that the Phoenix is bad news ( Bishop) and psychic reports from Quentin Quire that says " it only brings death". If you'd rather ignore everything else and listen to just cable, thats fine. but its not reasonable.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

habitual wrote:
His intentions are irrelevant if the result is extinction.

It's not like the X-men have less riding on this than anyone else. The Earth is where they keep all their stuff too.

Hab


I realize he has just as much riding on it, but he is willing to bet it all on "restarting his race". He's taking the fate of the earth into his own hands, and he earth is not his to bet.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

habitual wrote:
His intentions are irrelevant if the result is extinction.

It's not like the X-men have less riding on this than anyone else. The Earth is where they keep all their stuff too.

Hab

and that is EXACTLY the point i think Scott was missing in all his "intentions". it didn't matter to him that the Phoenix is easily corruptible. it didn't matter that it's previously destroyed whole galaxies. it didn't matter that it was currently destroying civilized worlds ON ITS WAY to Earth. he is completely obstinate and completely IMO nucking futs to just completely disregard the idea that the "cure" the Phoenix brings may be, and probably is, worse than the disease he's facing now.

we now learn that Phoenix is the "patron saint" of mutation. OK, great...what if in its quest to champion mutation/mutants, Phoenix does intend to wipe out the rest of the population? what if homo superior isn't the end result of human evolution? what if it's just another rung on the ladder? does the Phoenix reignite the mutant gene only to later wipe all of them out when the next stage comes along? i cannot possibly fathom, based on what we know about this creature and its past history, that anything good it brings comes without a horrible cost...yet Scott simply ignores that fact, or simply doesn't care. either of those options is unacceptable to me, and it's why i side with Cap and the Avengers.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

BlueMole wrote:I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.


Which two? You have to narrow that down.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

BlueMole wrote:I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.

i never said they are more credible. I'm just saying that Cyclops is picking and choosing who he's listening to and, surprise, its his son who also tried to kill the avengers too.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

BlueMole wrote:I like how two mutant psychopaths are now more credible than Cable.


Cable isn't crazy?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LiamA and 50 guests