Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anyone here read the Star Trek books?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Speaking of the mouthful author duo.....you finally made me remember my favorite Star Trek novel.

http://www.amazon.com/Federation-Star-T ... federation

Obviously retconned by First Contact though :P

Yeah, I read that. Can't find the damn thing anymore, though. Wish I knew where I put it.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 am

Strict31 wrote:

Yeah, I read that. Can't find the damn thing anymore, though. Wish I knew where I put it.

Obviously retconned out of your bookshelves.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:41 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Obviously retconned out of your bookshelves.

It's that goddamned Temporal Cold War.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Temporal Cold War?

Obviously, it was temporary.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I read a few when I was a kid. No idea which ones. I remember one where they revealed the the Borg came from V'Ger or something? And I know I've read at least one of the Shatner ones (possibly the same one). Other than that my memories are not very clear at all.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:27 pm

PDH wrote:I read a few when I was a kid. No idea which ones. I remember one where they revealed the the Borg came from V'Ger or something? And I know I've read at least one of the Shatner ones (possibly the same one). Other than that my memories are not very clear at all.

It is the same one.

Basically, they were saying the Borg were the same ones that modified V'Ger, and that Spock had undergone a form of Assimilation when he mind-melded with the V'Ger probe.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:28 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:Temporal Cold War?

Obviously, it was temporary.

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. T'is a silly place.

SniktSnakt

Faster Pussycat

Postby SniktSnakt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I stopped reading the DS9 books a few years ago, I thought it got to drawn out and dull, for the most part.

I still read PAD's New Frontier novels. Any word if he still plans to continue to write them, after he suffered that stroke?

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:05 pm

I also read some of PAD's New Frontier books, as well as some books based on the various TV series (mostly also written by PAD). Pretty good stuff.

Bond Hengbu

Postby Bond Hengbu » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 am

Are the Starfleet Academy ones by PAD any good?

leave a comment with facebook